Official 1520 Cyan Thread

clitrenta

Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
I have a friend who just updated his 1520 and he says the phone is very sluggish now. Sometimes it takes a lot longer than usual to boot up but not always. Any suggestions?

UPDATE: Finally talked my friend into doing a full reset and he was very glad I did as it seems to have cleared up a lot of his problems. I told him he should NOT wait to do this as he was getting ready to travel overseas and he wouldn't want to deal with the phone in its present condition so he actually took my advice. He said he was very impressed with the whole process as it put nearly everything back the way it was (had never done a reset on a Windows phone). I take that as high praise indeed as that dude is one very hard guy to impress.

Last edited:

Seth Stout

Jul 11, 2014
Visit site
I have a friend who just updated his 1520 and he says the phone is very sluggish now. Sometimes it takes a lot longer than usual to boot up but not always. Any suggestions?

I am having the same issue. It really started after I installed Live Lockscreen. Now it is uninstalled and I think I may have to do a reset.

SymoClod

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
Also got the HK CV phone in UK. Found the XDA tutorial on how to flash another CV rom to be really hard to follow and bottled it. Would be great if someone could point me to clear and comprehensive guide. Only got new 1520 last week and really finding WP8 hard work having used the 8.1 DP on my old 820.

pararigger

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site
I am having the same issue. It really started after I installed Live Lockscreen. Now it is uninstalled and I think I may have to do a reset.

Just change your lock screen photo to Bing and then change it back to whatever you want. I had the same problem, this fixed it. No reset necessary.

ncrader

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Is anyone having group text issues? When I send out a group text, everything goes smoothly. Now, when someone replies to my text, my number shows up as a recipient of the texts....meaning my number is added to the group as a new recipient. So, when I respond back, I get a text from myself. Strange....

+1 - thought is was only me, as this is the first mention I have found. I've searched the web a lot and can't find a similar issue or a way to resolve it.

SupremeUser

Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
The move to Cyan from DP is not that big of a deal tbh. Really solid update overall, but I just wish they had added an brightness slider to notification center. It's certainly not about the screen space that they haven't made it. It would also be nice if you wouldn't have to press the volume keys to open the volume panel. I just wonder why they don't utilize more the action center and this large screen space. Just minor things, but when you have used Android phones previously, you just start to miss some features eventually.

William Tavares

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site
The wait is driving me crazy :devil:, someone have a tutorial to install a 8.0 (cyan enabled) ROM on my 1520 so i can update it via OTA? I'm currently using the HK ROM (8.0).

razorguy

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
In low light settings, my camera takes around five seconds to take a picture. I thought it wasn't working at all for a moment but then I decided to hold the button down to see what would happen and it eventually took the picture. It's instant in bright light but super slow in low light. Anyone else experiencing this?

I'm on AT&T btw.

Last edited:

hipporama

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
In low light settings, my camera takes around five seconds to take a picture. I thought it wasn't working at all for a moment but then I decided to hold the button down to see what would happen and it eventually took the picture. It's instant in bright light but super slow in low light. Anyone else experiencing this?

I'm on AT&T btw.

This is probably one of the changes they've made to the camera algorithms. The shutter speed is reduced to allow more light into the camera in low light situations, resulting in better photos. The trade off is of course the increased time it takes to actually take a pic.

You can switch to manual mode in Nokia Camera and change the shutter speed to counter this.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadDaniel