Official 1520 Cyan Thread

jerahm

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Transitions between apps esp. when jumping back to start screen is kind of sluggish after updating to Lumia Cyan. I've done a hard reset but it does not change anything. The animations are quicker but not as polished as wp8. Feels like i'm using an android device because of the performance.

james7679

Aug 31, 2013
Visit site
I have to say, I have been on Cyan, since At&t dropped it, and I am more than happy. Literally, my only issue is the "loading/resuming" bug. Battery is actually better. No heat issues. Camera is great. WiFi is great. Whole OS is waaaay snappier. Like I said, my only complaint is the "loading/resuming" bug...and it is a serious PITA!
Sent from my Lumia 1520 using Tapatalk

indie24

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
I've just downgraded from dp 8.1 by the Nokia recovery tool and upgraded back to Cyan in the UK. It feels smoother for sure and so far no touch screen phantom taps so far.
Sent from my RM-937_eu_euro1_231 using Tapatalk

j3angerz

Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
I have unlocked att 1520 and I'm going to downgrade it to 8.0 to get cyan but I wonder if I can get the update after I downgraded it cuz I'm currently not in US ?

Sam_oslo

Feb 10, 2014
Visit site
I have unlocked att 1520 and I'm going to downgrade it to 8.0 to get cyan but I wonder if I can get the update after I downgraded it cuz I'm currently not in US ?

I have updated to my UK 1520 in Norway and it worked fine. Based on this experience, it doesn't care where you are, it's all based on the origin of your phone.

iainmann

Feb 22, 2012
Visit site
I have updated to my UK 1520 in Norway and it worked fine. Based on this experience, it doesn't care where you are, it's all based on the origin of your phone.

That's right. It doesn't matter where you are for your phone to update. For example, I have a Hong Kong variant Lumia in the UK and it updates when the HK update is released.

awesomeindeed

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
My lock screen is crazy laggy after the Cyan update. Did a hard reset after upgrading. The lock screen is slow to open and unless I sit there and wait several seconds for it, my taps are often not recognized correctly or they are a second or more slow to show feedback. External speaker quality and music via Bluetooth are of lower volume and quality as well.

Raymond Cardenas

May 5, 2014
Visit site
I've had the update for 24hours and very happy so far. Only thing I noticed so far is the previously lit captive buttons are no longer lit up. I cant seem to find an option to turn them back on. Aldo some games did not re-download and only way is to re purchase them.

castlemanm

Jan 30, 2014
Visit site
I have just flashed mine from HK rom to GB CV. It was quick, easy and now I'm running Cyan & 8.1. Makes me love this phone even more! Waiting to play around with living images and digging the new bright green accent colour! Device is faster and the screen tap issue is nowhere near as bad. Back on the developer preview for next weeks update 1!
Sent from my RM-937_eu_euro1_231 using Tapatalk

NoodleKing

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
My lock screen is crazy laggy after the Cyan update. Did a hard reset after upgrading. The lock screen is slow to open and unless I sit there and wait several seconds for it, my taps are often not recognized correctly or they are a second or more slow to show feedback. External speaker quality and music via Bluetooth are of lower volume and quality as well.

Same thing here. I'll click the power button when the screen is locked and it says "Resuming" with the loading dots scrolling across the screen for a few seconds before showing the lock screen. I had the lock screen app, but deleted it because it sucked, so I know it's not that that's causing it. I've noticed bits of lag in other parts of the phone but nothing major.

Mark Dunne78

May 29, 2014
Visit site
I've had the update for 24hours and very happy so far. Only thing I noticed so far is the previously lit captive buttons are no longer lit up. I cant seem to find an option to turn them back on. Aldo some games did not re-download and only way is to re purchase them.

Had the same issue with captive buttons, to get them back on go to settings, display, battery saver brightness - turn this off.

Sent from my One A0001 using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05