Official 1520 Cyan Thread

bigstevenc

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
Same thing here. I'll click the power button when the screen is locked and it says "Resuming" with the loading dots scrolling across the screen for a few seconds before showing the lock screen. I had the lock screen app, but deleted it because it sucked, so I know it's not that that's causing it. I've noticed bits of lag in other parts of the phone but nothing major.

This is a known bug when you delete the lockscreen app. See below for fix from wpcentral post

"To attenuate this situation is easy and just requires enabling (and then disabling) Kid's Corner:

Settings
Kid's Corner
Setup (if first time) or enable
If you still have bits of the Live Lock Screen app installed, you should see the message shown in our lede image asking you to 'Turn off Live Lock Screen', to which you select 'turn off'. Once completed, your phone is back to normal with the screen turn-on lag fixed. You can now, of course, disable Kid's Corner. (You could alternatively choose 'Bing' under Lock screen instead of photo)."

Hope this helps

Marc Desrochers

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
Im a little confused here. At first we were told if you had the DP + Bitlocker you would have to downgrade before upgrading....has that now been changed to only having DP means you have to downgrade first?

blue1k

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
Yes. All cyan updates have been halted for those on developer preview. Only takes a few minutes. 😊
After updating to official 8.1 and Cyan you can go back and re-install developer preview to get GDR1 OS update available next week.

j3angerz

Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
After update to cyan . My unlocked att 1520 can't display active network name correctly ( instead my current local carrier name as usual it just display numbers ) . The carrier's default internet and mms apn is gone and i have to manually config those . In about section it show IMS not registered???? What does it mean ? . I cant add new internet profile via access point app anymore ( it said the app only work with earlier version of the OS ) How do I fix it ??? Help me plz

Milind Shirsikar

Aug 4, 2014
Visit site
f*ck Cyan.because Battery drain - fast battery drain on 1520 even though background tasks are not allowed, Bluetooth etc turned off.
. Device heating - My phone gets hot at the top left corner near the camera when i use it for browsing, facebook etc. device is taking longer time to charge. plssssssssssssssss Resolve problems

madmuzzy

Aug 3, 2014
Visit site
f*ck Cyan.because Battery drain - fast battery drain on 1520 even though background tasks are not allowed, Bluetooth etc turned off.
. Device heating - My phone gets hot at the top left corner near the camera when i use it for browsing, facebook etc. device is taking longer time to charge. plssssssssssssssss Resolve problems

I have the similar experience... I'm very, very disappointed and the Camera upgrade is not worth the huge battery drain on 1520. Is there any way to rollback to Black/Win 8.0 combo? :(

ieiejdbx

Jul 31, 2014
Visit site
I have the similar experience... I'm very, very disappointed and the Camera upgrade is not worth the huge battery drain on 1520. Is there any way to rollback to Black/Win 8.0 combo? :(

With Nokia Recovery Tool. This don't let me post the link. Search it on Google.

Bjfcm

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
I also was able to download the update ,but no Cyan. Is Cyan for the 1520 32 With D Preview coming later, or was this an error?? . I thought they were bundled together. I still have Lumia Black .
Still waiting for Cyan...already got the 8.1 Update 1. I really want to try out Miracast

princeegli

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
I also was able to download the update ,but no Cyan. Is Cyan for the 1520 32 With D Preview coming later, or was this an error?? . I thought they were bundled together. I still have Lumia Black .

MS blocked the Cyan for D preview,because of those with bit locker messing up the update process,but they are fixing it....it looks like this update you got,is MS fixing the problem....so Cyan should be available for developer preview real soon

denispage

Dec 25, 2010
Visit site
Cyan APP saying that Lumia 1520.3 Brazilian Cyan update available.
I'm running 8.1 update 1 dev preview. Sill don't know if I wait for MS release the cyan for dev previews or use Nokia Software recovery to downgrade, install Cyan and go for dev preview again.

ali80

May 29, 2013
Visit site
I have a notification in a 1520 app store called cyan update. Today I checked the phone update from the setting and it says there is an update. Are these the same cyan? If not which update to apply 1st?

Fyi, I check the phone update everyday and there wasn't any update from there while still I have the cyan update in the app store.

1520 version 8.0.10521.155

Lumia black

Sam_oslo

Feb 10, 2014
Visit site
I have a notification in a 1520 app store called cyan update. Today I checked the phone update from the setting and it says there is an update. Are these the same cyan? If not which update to apply 1st?

Fyi, I check the phone update everyday and there wasn't any update from there while still I have the cyan update in the app store.

1520 version 8.0.10521.155

Lumia black
Use the Phone Update, and it will install them in right order.

My WP 8.0 received a big update, installed that and rebooted, before the Cyan update. But the Phone Update discovered the order and fixed it all by itself.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon