Official 1520 Cyan Thread

Ronald Melia

Aug 3, 2014
Visit site
Since the update I have had problems with app crashing out (Here Drive Plus) Internet freezing, and loss of signal in general (in all areas). I am regretting the update

ali80

May 29, 2013
Visit site
I updated the Lumia 1520 through setting phone update, there were 2. The first was small & the second was big. Now, it's wp8.1 with black update because I didn't update to cyan. The only thing I noticed is Cortana not available & and the battery usage much better than my 930. No drain issues for now.

What else I miss?

ali80

May 29, 2013
Visit site
Battery is definitely much better after WP8.1 Update 1. The battery is easily lasting more than 24 hours where before updating, battery saver was reporting 14-15 hours.

So should I update from black to cyan? I have 930 which you all know what we suffer because of cyan. There is no downgrade for us.

Angie Rayborne

Aug 7, 2014
Visit site
my phone is now stuck in airplane mode, is not recognised by my computers and will not charge. i have tried both soft and hard reset which did not work. i have tried the recovery tool but my phone does not connect, just reboots.

Bobvfr

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
Looks like my 1520 on Vodafone in the UK is updating, god knows what it's updating but something is happening, I do hope it's 8.1 and maybe Cyan, if only I didn't have to go to bed as I am on earlies this week, I will give it another 15 minutes.

Looks like it was a small update to then allow me to get 8.1, really need some sleep so I am being wise and going to bed, I can then do the update when I get home tomorrow afternoon and have a long weekend to play with it, the alternative is do it now, not have any sleep and not have time to play with it anyway.

But at least I have something to look forward to.

Bob

mikelpikel

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
My experience has been great with Cyan on my 1520, coming from a history of android, this update really took away everything I missed. However, it now has a charging problem, it took to phone 10 hours to charge and has been doing so since the update, I am using the genuine charger.

Miguel Mateo

Apr 6, 2014
Visit site
I have a 1520 CV Hong Kong, and Cyan was available around 24 hours ago by the tracking site. But still when I check for updates, nothing is shown. I have 8.1 DP GDR 1 ... In theory Cyan should install, any one knows what do I need to do?

blue1k

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
I have a 1520 CV Hong Kong, and Cyan was available around 24 hours ago by the tracking site. But still when I check for updates, nothing is shown. I have 8.1 DP GDR 1 ... In theory Cyan should install, any one knows what do I need to do?
You need downgrade. Future firmware and OS updates will work with developer preview but not the current Cyan upgrade.

Steps needed:
1. Downgrade to 8.0. Super easy to do with Nokia Recovery Tool
2. Check your OTA software updates There will be 2 updates. Second one is 8.1 official with Cyan.
3. Reinstall developer preview and install gdr1 through software update on the phone.

Done.

roni09riku

May 20, 2014
Visit site
Everything got better including battery and touch issues (still there but happening less often). My only concern so far is the fade-in effect when I unlock my phone. It doesn't bother me that much though. Anyone else experiencing it?

Amresh Nunkomar

May 31, 2014
Visit site
Hi! I just received the WP 8.1 update on my Lumia 1520. After Installation completed, I'm facing some problems from Whatsapp, Messenger & Viber, I have any notifications from these applications when I received new message. This problem occurs only when I'm connected to a wifi, but when I use my Data Cellular, it's perfect. Any body can help me about this issue please. Thanks

SymoClod

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
I am also finding that certain apps do not seem to work with notification centre in 8.1 GDR1 with cyan. Do not get notifications and they do not appear in the list of apps that can receive notifications when you go to settings.

Edit - actually it is working fine now.

Last edited:

Sam_oslo

Feb 10, 2014
Visit site
New photo folders/albums are not showing in native Photo-App after Cyan update.

I have copied a few folders with pictures under Picture folder on the SD cars, but they didn't show up as Albums, even after a long wait for re-indexing. I tied to Sync them with Windows Phone App for Desktop too, but it didn't help either. I can see all folders and files by using Files-App but they are not showing as Albums in native Photo-app.

itzbolsi

Jun 21, 2014
Visit site
Here's a few bugs i've noticed after updating to 8.1 Cyan.

1. Calender app shows 12 hour time format even when 24 hour time format is on.
I have my phone set to my region, which is Norway. But English US language.

2. Battery saver always tell me that i charged my phone 1 hour ago.

3. After update my 1520 have reeboted once by itself. And 2 freezes. Never happened while on 8 with black firmware.

4. When my phone runs out of battery and is recharged, the time is wrong. Its set to sync automaticly, but this never happens. Always have to do this manually.

greedypnguin

May 11, 2013
Visit site
cyan is 4 letters=8.1- 4= 4.1= 4- 1= 3= 3 sides if a tryangle. LOOMINMARTEY CUNFIRMED. LOOMINMARTEY CUNFIRMED. LOOMINMARTEY CUNFIRMED. LOOMINMARTEY CUNFIRMED. LOOMINMARTEY CUNFIRMED. LOOMINMARTEY CUNFIRMED. LOOMINMARTEY CUNFIRMED. LOOMINMARTEY CUNFIRMED. LOOMINMARTEY CUNFIRMED. LOOMINMARTEY CUNFIRMED.

neftv

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone know when the vpn application in settings going to be functional? It was said that when windows phone 8.1 developer version was out it was not functioning but when cyan came out it would be ready. Well it don't seem ready in cyan on my 1520.

Madagaskar

Aug 11, 2014
Visit site
Is there a way to start recovery tool in Windows XP? I am surrounded with computers running XP and desperately need to downgrade my phone to get Cyan update.

princeegli

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
I think to get apps working....always on a major update,lime update 1 is,you should back everything up,then do a hard reset....twice....then only back up everything but apps.....then go to store and redownload apps....dont reinstall from back up....cause some setting are setup to work on old OS/or firmware

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs