Official 1520 Cyan Thread

cdbstl76

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
I just got the 1520 rm937 international version. Running it on ATT US. Shows 8.1 and cyan are installed. However, don't get the option for the extra row of tiles, and treasure rag isn't working. Anyone know what's wrong or what I should do?! HELP!

hipporama

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
I just got the 1520 rm937 international version. Running it on ATT US. Shows 8.1 and cyan are installed. However, don't get the option for the extra row of tiles, and treasure rag isn't working. Anyone know what's wrong or what I should do?! HELP!

The extra column of tiles is only for smaller phones. The 1520 already has the additional column.

Juan Pablo Ursic

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
Guys, bought a 1520 the other day and it's great. A green one from AT&T and i was wondering, since i'm from Argentina and i really don't care about AT&T stuff i've uninstalled those apps but wanted to flash a firmware from other country without anything from carrier so, which one do you recommend?

Also, what's that about 1520.3?

T Moore

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
Guys, bought a 1520 the other day and it's great. A green one from AT&T and i was wondering, since i'm from Argentina and i really don't care about AT&T stuff i've uninstalled those apps but wanted to flash a firmware from other country without anything from carrier so, which one do you recommend?

Also, what's that about 1520.3?

If you bought an AT&T phone it must get unlocked before you can use any other carriers SIM. This is the problem you are going to have. You have to use the phone on AT&T for several months before they will unlock it.
Unlock your AT&T wireless phone or tablet

The 1520.3 is already unlocked, has 32GB memory and Qi charging.

plot_almighty

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
If you bought an AT&T phone it must get unlocked before you can use any other carriers SIM. This is the problem you are going to have. You have to use the phone on AT&T for several months before they will unlock it.

Your information on ATTs unlock policies are outdated. All ATT needs to send out an unlock code now is the IMEI and that the phone be ATT branded, not in use on an ATT account, and not reported lost or stolen.

I unlocked my 920, having not been on ATT for over a year, using their site this way.

I also should mention I got my 920 off of Craigslist.

EDIT-I did the unlock three days ago after waiting two days for confirmation and processing. ATT lowered the requirements this month.

Juan Pablo Ursic

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site

Your information on ATTs unlock policies are outdated. All ATT needs to send out an unlock code now is the IMEI and that the phone be ATT branded, not in use on an ATT account, and not reported lost or stolen.

I unlocked my 920, having not been on ATT for over a year, using their site this way.

I also should mention I got my 920 off of Craigslist.

EDIT-I did the unlock three days ago after waiting two days for confirmation and processing. ATT lowered the requirements this month.

Not wanting to sound rude but i know that, we have carriers here and smartphones and stuff. I bought one from eBay, used 9/10 and unlocked, i'm using it right now with my carrier's SIM.

So, 1520.3 is like factory unlocked device with all the storage and Qi.

Know that the AT&T doesn't have Qi and it's 16GB, don't care for both since i was never gonna use Qi and i bought a 90mb/s write Sandisk Extreme Plus 32GB MicroSD.

So, firmware? Which one? And also, it doesn't have anything to do but whoever from USA, is there any webpage like Expansys to buy phones? Aside from buying something from eBay, Amazon or Best Buy.

plot_almighty

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
I'm sorry. My post was meant specifically for the gentleman/gentlegirl I quoted. Wasn't meant to derail your topic or insinuate that you were ignorant.

The 1520.3 is the unlocked version with all the goodies, in the same way the 930 is the international ICON. My first suggestion, and likely only, I to download Nokia Care Suite to your PC and see if setting the region to where you are lets you download and flash the firmware to your phone. Safest way i can think of.

EDIT-You could just stick to uninstalling everything you don't need and dealing with the ATT branding. Like I mentioned before, there's a pretty low bar to unlock your 1520 and use it anywhere you want. It would just take a few days.

Juan Pablo Ursic

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
I'm sorry. My post was meant specifically for the gentleman/gentlegirl I quoted. Wasn't meant to derail your topic or insinuate that you were ignorant.

The 1520.3 is the unlocked version with all the goodies, in the same way the 930 is the international ICON. My first suggestion, and likely only, I to download Nokia Care Suite to your PC and see if setting the region to where you are lets you download and flash the firmware to your phone. Safest way i can think of.

EDIT-You could just stick to uninstalling everything you don't need and dealing with the ATT branding. Like I mentioned before, there's a pretty low bar to unlock your 1520 and use it anywhere you want. It would just take a few days.

When i had my 920 and 925 i remember that one of the first to receive Lumia Black i think for the 920 was the firmware CV for France and the 925 get Cyan with CV Finland, were the first firmwares to get it and they were without anything from any carrier, so that's cool.

Also, i got my 1520 unlocked, eBay listing said it was unlocked for any carrier and it is, so no problems for that, also here we don't have 1520 so no firmwares for us. Any country got Denim yet?

LumiaNatic

Mar 27, 2014
Visit site
can someone help me. after i update my phone to WP 8.1 + Cyan my phone's battery drain really fast. when my phone gets 100% in just a minute it became 99% i didnt do any thing. i just leave my phone at night. sry for my bad english. thanks =)

squibcakes

May 3, 2013
Visit site
Bringing out the pedometer is one of my favorite things on the 1520 - although I'm not sure if it was Black or Cyan. In any case, I only wish they would sync it up to HealthVault.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janecruise