Tracy Daken

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
This Method worked for a Lumia 1520.3 RM-938 to get cyan. FYI. I just finished it. Following the exact steps.

Once it is done updating to Cyan. I will post a pic. I don't know what the UK rom blocked. Maybe the tmobile bands?

I would hold off until I check everything before you jump on it. I am getting some issues with airplane mode.

Last edited:

Tracy Daken

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
I was able to do it on the Lumia 920 a long time ago and it worked pretty well. It turned on the AWS bands for tmobile. I had to try lol. So hardware is def different between RM-937, and RM-938.
I got cyan and all the updates through wifi. Airplane mode keep switch off and on superfast. So I downgraded to the same UK rom to 8.0 and put my sim in and tried to get it to work.
Every time I did, phone would say GSM mode turned on, and it would reboot.
FYI Cyan feels way more polished than DP. I checked out the camera though before going back. Very crisp compared to 8.0 and DP. I think it is a good upgrade.
That's my info. Recap, "PUTTING A RM-937 ROM ON A RM-938 WILL RESULT IN SIM CARD REBOOT. IT WILL NOT WORK."

John Mumpitz

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
First of all, thank you all for your kind and really helpful anders.

So I just flash the old 8.0 rom, using this way: [Tutorial] Unbrand (flash) all Nokia Windows?€? | Windows Phone 8 | XDA Forum and use a product code from UK, INDIA or Finland, correct?
Is it OK to use any Product Code from those countries, or do I have to use a special one from that country? Because according to: Availability in Europe - Nokia all lumia 1520 firmwares are "under testing" lol. So, I'm not sure, if I'm getting the update to 8.1 OTA.

And, of course, you have to use the same RM-code. You can find the RM-Code on your package. Because they have differenct radios etc. An american phone wouldn't work in europe, because of different Radios. So use a product code from the same RM-Code. :)

Last edited:

flatronics

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site
I don't think you can use any RM937 rom to any carrier specific Phones, this is because they have different hardware like radios. You would just break your phone.. To those who have RM937 and wanted to flash UK unbranded rom make sure you download RM937 match with correct product code and I think its also important to pick the rom for the same color of the phone that you have. I am from Philippines I have Black 1520, installed UK rom a few days ago and enjoying cyan.

Tracy Daken

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
First of all, thank you all for your kind and really helpful anders.

So I just flash the old 8.0 rom, using this way: [Tutorial] Unbrand (flash) all Nokia Windows?€? | Windows Phone 8 | XDA Forum and use a product code from UK, INDIA or Finland, correct?
Is it OK to use any Product Code from those countries, or do I have to use a special one from that country? Because according to: Availability in Europe - Nokia all lumia 1520 firmwares are "under testing" lol. So, I'm not sure, if I'm getting the update to 8.1 OTA.

And, of course, you have to use the same RM-code. You can find the RM-Code on your package. Because they have differenct radios etc. An american phone wouldn't work in europe, because of different Radios. So use a product code from the same RM-Code. :)

If you have a RM-937, this one will work. Just search RM-937 and 059V337 RM-937 VAR EURO GB CV BLACK . This should get you the one that will upgrade to cyan. I upgraded to cyan twice last night. SEcond time I got data on 8.0 UK. When it upgraded to 8.1, Airplane mode locked me out. I am on a Rm-938. But yep. If you are on a RM-937, this will work. and it is unbranded.

ATT Rm-940 is here: http://fujicelular.blogspot.com/2014/03/product-code-nokia-lumia-1520-rm.html So check these out to confirm codes. Going to See if the 1520.3 works well with a US variant. Wish me luck.
RM-940 Rom will shoots up Error Code for the RM-938 at the Rom loading step. FFU does not support platform. So just have to wait until Mexico gets their update. lol.

Last edited:

blue1k

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
I don't think you can use any RM937 rom to any carrier specific Phones, this is because they have different hardware like radios. You would just break your phone.. To those who have RM937 and wanted to flash UK unbranded rom make sure you download RM937 match with correct product code and I think its also important to pick the rom for the same color of the phone that you have. I am from Philippines I have Black 1520, installed UK rom a few days ago and enjoying cyan.
Good advice. I did the same swapping from a HK CV rom to a UK CV rom with same color code to get cyan.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss