Got cyan for my 1520 yesterday

akthelonelyman

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
got cyan yesterday night. Took 2-3 hours to install over Wi-Fi . Still getting used to it.
1)First the home screen wallpapers. It's great but the con is that half apps I pin on my home screen doesn't support it but I have reordered the apps such that top half shows wallpaper. Hoping more and more apps support transparent tiles.
2) swipe keyboard : Typing this long post on it, actually swiping it.😉
3) notification centre : Convenient addition though they could have enabled more shortcuts. But tremendous improvement from wp8.
4) files : File manager by Microsoft is average but third party apps are better. Metro file manager I bought in wp8 gained many new features actually better access , now don't have to change the subtitles name every time I load one video from pc.
5) many small improvements like being able to set s screen time out to never if needed. Previously it was 5 mins max I guess.
6) temp files : Actually its getting really deleted when I press delete button. Hope it stays that way lol and the dumping of temp files stop ✋.
There are tons of new small stuff which improves user experience nicely. Still finding it out.
From India so haven't got Cortana.
And finally cyan feels better optimized for Nokia 1520 .

OHardy

May 13, 2013
Visit site
got cyan yesterday night. Took 2-3 hours to install over Wi-Fi . Still getting used to it.
1)First the home screen wallpapers. It's great but the con is that half apps I pin on my home screen doesn't support it but I have reordered the apps such that top half shows wallpaper. Hoping more and more apps support transparent tiles.
2) swipe keyboard : Typing this long post on it, actually swiping it.��
3) notification centre : Convenient addition though they could have enabled more shortcuts. But tremendous improvement from wp8.
4) files : File manager by Microsoft is average but third party apps are better. Metro file manager I bought in wp8 gained many new features actually better access , now don't have to change the subtitles name every time I load one video from pc.
5) many small improvements like being able to set s screen time out to never if needed. Previously it was 5 mins max I guess.
6) temp files : Actually its getting really deleted when I press delete button. Hope it stays that way lol and the dumping of temp files stop ✋.
There are tons of new small stuff which improves user experience nicely. Still finding it out.
From India so haven't got Cortana.
And finally cyan feels better optimized for Nokia 1520 .

Use Transparent Tiles Maker in the Windows STORE.

akthelonelyman

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
Can't assess battery life for few days as I'm not putting this down. Will update after a few days . Yeah smoothness is same as before
Sent from my NOKIA 1520 using Tapatalk

maclancer

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
You guys in India are so lucky... We are at the mercy of AT&T and while they said that they will start pushing Cyan this week. I need to see it to believe it.

Conan143

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site

About the above point Is under screen time out setting in lockscreen does never option exists or it is there in lumia cyan 1520...
My lumia 925 has only options like upto 5 minutes max...Can u reconfirm it?

akthelonelyman

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
About the above point Is under screen time out setting in lockscreen does never option exists or it is there in lumia cyan 1520...
My lumia 925 has only options like upto 5 minutes max...Can u reconfirm it?

It wasn't there in black for me so must be a feature of cyan irrespective of models.

Aviad Kohn

May 8, 2013
Visit site
Main issue: Ghost is playing with my Lumia. (the lock screen is moving up and down, apps are opening by their selves) on the other side the camera is way better and super fast! I was on 8.1 DP and it was better overall.

blue1k

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
Main issue: Ghost is playing with my Lumia. (the lock screen is moving up and down, apps are opening by their selves) on the other side the camera is way better and super fast! I was on 8.1 DP and it was better overall.

Wow complete opposite for me. No more screen issues, heating, Wi-Fi dropped issues.

Did you factory reset. I did before updating.

Antillean 1

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site
I can't wait to start using my 1520 with the new wp 8.1 update. it is still downloading I am in Queens, New York. It's finally here in the US of A. Hooray.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro