Network Issues after 1520 Cyan update

1st_Raven

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Not sure if anyone else is getting this but I've updated my phone from WP8 (working fine) to 8.1 with the OTA cyan update and once the update was completed, the phone was showing it was in flight mode. I set it all up over wifi included a restore, and then disabled the flight mode to find that it is rapidlly switching between flight mode and mobile mode (active connection)

I've already done a hard reset and try quickly gone through the setup process again (no restore of my data) and the same thing happens.

I've now completed a restore back to WP8 using the Nokia tool (Mobile signal works fine) and have restarted a new download and upgrade process but has anyone else had this issue?

Video of the issue:

Last edited:

akthelonelyman

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
Strange ... Though I noticed a relatively poor reception and problems with internet connectivity and mail syncing after update I soft reset it yesterday and its ok now I hope.I would hate it if bugs persist coz 8.1 is a huge upgrade from WP 8

Geddeeee

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
These are NOT OS bugs...
Sounds like a network issue if it is now working fine. I don't understand why every little 'blip' is a 'bug that needs to be fixed'... Not everything is Microsoft's fault!!!!

Anyway, I'm glad it's working again.

1st_Raven

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
It would appear that mine was a hardware issue, which was strange that it only appeared with the Cyan update, something that I proved multiple times. Even a different sim card on a different network didn't fix the issue.

I'll see when I get my phone back from Nokia's warranty repair to see exactly what was wrong.

akthelonelyman

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
These are NOT OS bugs...
Sounds like a network issue if it is now working fine. I don't understand why every little 'blip' is a 'bug that needs to be fixed'... Not everything is Microsoft's fault!!!!

Anyway, I'm glad it's working again.
If that was meant for my post yeah its bug coz it was working fine with WP 8. So don't judge.
If it was not meant for my post sorry.

Shiju Thomas2

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
I am having same issue mentioned above on my Lumia 1520. Its working well with WP 8.0. itried atleast 5times with different network SIM. no luck.
Is anybody have any solution for Network Issues after 1520 Cyan update. Thanks

1st_Raven

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Well, I've received my phone back from Nokia care and their 'repair' which is to downgrade the phone to 8.0 and leave it then. Just wonderful.

Vyenkatesh

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
I had a chat with Microsoft support and they advised me to downgrade to 8.0 by using Nokia Software Recovery tool and then again upgrade to 8.1 to check if is solves Wi-Fi connectivity issues and Call drops. But it did not resolve the problem.

I have replied them to escalate further as said by support person in his reply.

tropolite

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
This doesn't sound like an isolated issue.
I downgraded my 1520 (apace Hong Kong_222) to 8, (after having 8.1 update 1DP - which everything was working fine), to get the Cyan firmware update, as well as 8.1 (and updated that to 8.1 update 1DP). I'm in Australia on Telstra Carrier.

Mine does not actually show it is in Flight Mode - I can still make calls but every time I try to use my cellular data it says I need to turn it on (which it is). The only difference being Cyan firmware -
I expect this is related to the above users issues... looking for a fix too.

Update - seems as though the update somehow blew the APN settings. I manually entered the APN settings for my Carrier (haven't done that for a long time), but data is working fine again.

Last edited:

weisman87

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
This doesn't sound like an isolated issue.
I downgraded my 1520 (apace Hong Kong_222) to 8, (after having 8.1 update 1DP - which everything was working fine), to get the Cyan firmware update, as well as 8.1 (and updated that to 8.1 update 1DP). I'm in Australia on Telstra Carrier.

Mine does not actually show it is in Flight Mode - I can still make calls but every time I try to use my cellular data it says I need to turn it on (which it is). The only difference being Cyan firmware -
I expect this is related to the above users issues... looking for a fix too.

Yours sounds much better than mine, I can't make calls at all. When i try to make a call, it asks me to turn it on, but it never actually does turn on.

Bobvfr

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
Just updated my 1520, all went well but now I don't seem to have a stable Wi-Fi connection, it keeps on going from connected to searching, it doesn't say that flight mode is selected.

Will do a restart after me dinner.

Bob

DannyPaw

Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
I've now completed a restore back to WP8 using the Nokia tool (Mobile signal works fine) and have restarted a new download and upgrade process but has anyone else had this issue?

Yeah, I now have this exact same issue and the symptoms are the same as your video shows. 1520 with Cyan update as well. Tried the software recovery tool and reset everything, but no change, happens even after completely clean reset. Unable to revert back to WP8 after Cyan is updated though. Taking the phone to a service facility soon... It did work for a long while, I updated to Cyan on July 25th like a month ago.

Martin McMahon

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
I'm having the same issue with my 1520. I tried reverting back to 8.0 using the nokia recovery tool but the only option is 02061.00066.14253.40001. Are there any other options to get back to 8.0?

weisman87

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I'm having the same issue with my 1520. I tried reverting back to 8.0 using the nokia recovery tool but the only option is 02061.00066.14253.40001. Are there any other options to get back to 8.0?

I don't think there's a way to go back if the tool is restoring to Cyan/8.1. I have a copy of the Black/8.0 firmware, though, if you can think of a way to get it from me.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)