Network Issues after 1520 Cyan update

Derrizah

Jul 13, 2014
Visit site
Same issue here but on a Lumia 520. It was fine until today it said it should restart in order to install an update(I've already installed cyan so it's not it.). Then this.
Tried hard and soft reset but no luck. Don't want to downgrade but looks like it's the only fix till Microsoft does something about it.

DannyPaw

Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
My 1520.1 RM-937 came back today after its two week tour from retailer to national service facility to European central service facility, back to national, back to retailer. They replaced the main circuit board (or whatever) and everything's back to normal now - with Cyan firmware installed. IMEI changed as well.

Not sure but I think the board is of a cyan Lumia as the phone now reset to cyan theme instead of the usual yellow.

Another thread has this solution suggested if you want to try.

OK Nokia's Twitter teams Seems a little better then tech support. They gave me this and it worked.

Go here and download each one. t.co/ikxjzaCrza (Put http.. ect in front) I can't post links yet
The Instructions are for WP8, I just downloaded a QR Scanner app. I found that I didn't have the access point app.

not that I need it because I'm on a Single Sim RM-940. After I checked, Updated, or installed each off these apps.

Restarted the phone and the Airplane mode problem was fixed. It's worth a try if you have this problem.

igorhk

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
i had a similar issue so i took it to Nokia Care few weeks ago. Long story short they screwed up my phone when changing the motherboard so i had to take it back to nokia care. They kept it 3 weeks and after 3 weeks of thinking they decided to give me a new one...which has the same issue. I don't think I will keep it for very long, no more nokia phones for me

weisman87

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
My 1520.1 RM-937 came back today after its two week tour from retailer to national service facility to European central service facility, back to national, back to retailer. They replaced the main circuit board (or whatever) and everything's back to normal now - with Cyan firmware installed. IMEI changed as well.

Not sure but I think the board is of a cyan Lumia as the phone now reset to cyan theme instead of the usual yellow.

Another thread has this solution suggested if you want to try.

Danny, how did you get yours to make that trip? Was that a warranty claim? Nokia US tells me they can't replace it, and Nokia Mexico also just told me they can't replace it.

DannyPaw

Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
Yes, it was a warranty claim and in Finland. I completely reset the phone beforehand and told the retailer the symptoms: that it stays in flight mode and when out of flight mode the phone starts heating, those are pretty much all the words they wrote to the service request, even though I also told them the fault is probably caused by Cyan update (which did however work for a month). Retailer doesn't do anything else than send it to authorized national service facility, but they can only do so much and anything beyond really basic stuff gets sent to Nokia central facility. Think it's thought to be in Poland or UK or somewhere around there anyway. They didn't replace the phone itself, just the motherboard and it was replaced under warranty. Also my only contact in this has been with the retailer.

I was also kind of hoping that this could somehow fix the tap-instead-of-slide-gesture issue I've always had, but that hope was pretty much immediately shot down when literally the first slide gesture I made was interpreted as a tap by the phone...

niibig

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
guyS please i need your help cant downgrade back to windows phone 8
tried so many times and my phone is stuck in flight mode on the cyan update
is there anyway some who has already downgraded an at&t 1520 share the windows phone 8 downgrading files so
i can use them for my downgrade?.........REALLY NEED YOUR HELP!!!!!!!

THIS IS MY PHONES DETAILS:
OS VERSION: 8.10.12397.895
FIRMWARE REVISION NUMBER: 02061.00074.14273.33019
HARDWARE REVISION NUMBER: 4.1.0.0
RADIO SOFTWARE VERSION: 201C110.00024.0001
CHIP SOC VERSION: 8974
IMEI NUMBER: 358341050351929

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP

Bobvfr

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
Sorry you are having troubles, I have to be a man and own up, my network issues were down to me not having my glasses on after my upgrade and couldn't really see what the icons were doing.

No problems here......

Bob

Haibel

Sep 8, 2014
Visit site
So after one month my Cyan problem came back. Restarted the phone because of the stupid Facebook app. NiiBig Search for unbranded nokia lumia rom. XDA forums has a tutorial on how to download and install Rom versions that may not be for your specific phone. there is a "global" att rom on the list that last I checked was still WP8.
I gave up trying to fix the problem, sent my phone to nokia for them to fix.

eXceeded

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
Anyway to resolve this?

Nokia Care refused the phone due to a crack in my screen...

Now unable to use the phone, this isn't giving me much incentive to stay with Windows Phone and/or Lumia...

weisman87

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Anyway to resolve this?

Nokia Care refused the phone due to a crack in my screen...

Now unable to use the phone, this isn't giving me much incentive to stay with Windows Phone and/or Lumia...

I haven't found a fix yet. I'm stuck just waiting for the Denim firmware, I guess.

weisman87

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
That is a joke surely?

When is that likely to be released considering it took near on 3 months for Cyan to come out??

Sorry, man, unfortunately it's not a joke. I waited 2 months on "Nokia Engineering" for a fix, with 2 escalations, and they came back with nothing. My only hope is Denim somehow kicks my phone out of this problem.

eXceeded

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
Okay, definitely need to escalate this to Microsoft...

Nokia would have nothing to do with me, and said I'd have to take it to a service center.

Went to an 'approved service center' and they said they couldn't do anything to fix this issue.

Is there a way to downgrade our firmware to Black?

Jaripi

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site

Nokia would have nothing to do with me, and said I'd have to take it to a service center.

Went to an 'approved service center' and they said they couldn't do anything to fix this issue.

Just suggesting you to install WP 8.1.1 by "Preview for developers" app ... anyway, you do not lose anything to try it ....

eXceeded

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
Strangely enough just tried doing that... Is there a mod that we can contact to ensure there's a news story in case anyone else ends up bricking their phones like we have?

weisman87

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

Good luck, Microsoft told me to talk to Nokia. There used to be a way to downgrade to Black/8.0 but those tools have since all been updated to restore to Cyan. I have a copy of the files for Black/8.0 for the yellow RM-938 Latin America variant, if that's what you need.

eXceeded

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
If I provide you with an FTP could you upload it to me and I'll provide the files online - once confirming they work and don't cause even more headache!

weisman87

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
If I provide you with an FTP could you upload it to me and I'll provide the files online - once confirming they work and don't cause even more headache!

That'd be fine with me. I'm assuming you have the 1520.3? I've submitted this to WPCentral and stuff but nothing ever came of it.

eXceeded

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
Okay, sent you a PM.

I've also pm'd some of the news editors, not sure how effective it'll be.

But if we can help even one person not have this issue, then we'll be helping.

Luckily for me I have another device, but for some this will be their only phone to use.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven