Screen going crazy (try this on your phone)

Holyrolla

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
Looks to be a factory defect as quite a few threads exist for this very issue. On mine, it didn't take as much pressure as in the video. I just sent mine in for repair.

Makes it difficult when playing games, trying to type out text messages, take pictures or video, sometimes I can't even answer the phone.

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
I posted a thread a few weeks back. But mine had nothing to do with how much pressure was put on the screen. I barely touch my phone and never carry it where it might get bending pressure. At the time, I wasn't aware of anyone else having this problem. B&H sent me a new replacement but if this is in any way caused by how the phone is used, I am very interested because I'd rather avoid it than replace it again.

throws2000

Sep 18, 2007
Visit site
Having this problem all day with my 1520. Top left corner is acting as the back button, top right is acting as search button. Any fix available?

Rawliglat x

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
I have this exact same issue. But I'm not as fortunate as you. It hardly takes an effort to have my screen go loco.

But it has a bit more concentration in one part tho.
WP_20140928_002.jpg

th34monk3ys

May 26, 2014
Visit site
If I pressed my top left corner where the sd/sim is I get Cortana or back button, I was getting random issues like Vick was in post above until facebook got updated, I found facebook messenger in app was half my troubles. They removed it and boom no issues for 5 days (touch wood longest ever) I use black for facebook app for replacement now. I still have my contacts synced with old facebook app I just don't open it. I don't like the new messenger privacy now!

Holyrolla

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
I sent mine in for warranty repair. They put on a new digitizer, replaced the screen, and put on a new shell. Now I got a case on mine and I'm watching how the phone gets bent in use. Seems like bending it a certain way messes up the digitizer.

Vickg818

Apr 30, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys just wanted to give a update on my phone. I reset my phone a few times but still had the same issue. Then I tried using the Nokia recover tool to do a reset but the problem was still there. About 2 weeks ago the problem got worse. If I touched d back top left part of the phone it started giving me the same issues just like touching the top left part of the front bezel. I wanted to try one last thing before sending the phone in for repairs. This time I reset the phone but instead of restoring to one of my old saved profiles I chose to restart a fresh one. Since all my downloaded apps & games were saved in the marketplace under my apps I figured I can reinstall them again with no problems. This time after I reset the phone there were no issues with the screen. I started downloading every game from before & played each one for over a hour to see if it might be related to a certain game and so far no issues. The previous times when I reset the phone the screen issues would reappear right away. So for you guys having issues with the top left bezel do what I did. Reset the phone but start with a fresh profile instead of restoring to one of your old ones & see what happens. If the issue comes back I will update this post but so far so its been great.

EpidemikE1

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys just wanted to give a update on my phone. I reset my phone a few times but still had the same issue. Then I tried using the Nokia recover tool to do a reset but the problem was still there. About 2 weeks ago the problem got worse. If I touched d back top left part of the phone it started giving me the same issues just like touching the top left part of the front bezel. I wanted to try one last thing before sending the phone in for repairs. This time I reset the phone but instead of restoring to one of my old saved profiles I chose to restart a fresh one. Since all my downloaded apps & games were saved in the marketplace under my apps I figured I can reinstall them again with no problems. This time after I reset the phone there were no issues with the screen. I started downloading every game from before & played each one for over a hour to see if it might be related to a certain game and so far no issues. The previous times when I reset the phone the screen issues would reappear right away. So for you guys having issues with the top left bezel do what I did. Reset the phone but start with a fresh profile instead of restoring to one of your old ones & see what happens. If the issue comes back I will update this post but so far so its been great.

Ive tried this and still have the issue. Just tried the top of the screen by the FF camera and sure enough it acts like the back button is being pressed. Im leaning towards this being an issue with the digitizer.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leviwilkersion