13. You may not vote on this poll
  • My phone does this

4 30.77%
  • My phone doesn't have this issue

9 69.23%
11-20-2014 01:18 AM
28 12
tools
    Tap/press the bezel near the front facing camera/upper left corner.

Would like to know how many are affected by this.
    07-24-2014 02:46 PM
    I'm actually having the exact same problem. Is it a bad digitizer??
    09-26-2014 09:02 AM
    Looks to be a factory defect as quite a few threads exist for this very issue. On mine, it didn't take as much pressure as in the video. I just sent mine in for repair.

Makes it difficult when playing games, trying to type out text messages, take pictures or video, sometimes I can't even answer the phone.
    09-26-2014 10:20 AM
    I posted a thread a few weeks back. But mine had nothing to do with how much pressure was put on the screen. I barely touch my phone and never carry it where it might get bending pressure. At the time, I wasn't aware of anyone else having this problem. B&H sent me a new replacement but if this is in any way caused by how the phone is used, I am very interested because I'd rather avoid it than replace it again.
    09-26-2014 02:09 PM
    Pressing the bezel and everything is ok.

EDIT: Lumia 1520 AT&T RM-940
    09-26-2014 04:22 PM
    Having this problem all day with my 1520. Top left corner is acting as the back button, top right is acting as search button. Any fix available?
    09-26-2014 08:46 PM
    Mine is ok too
    09-27-2014 04:48 AM
    No problems with rm-937 apac HK
    09-27-2014 09:09 PM
    No issue on upper left corner of 1520.3.

My issue is on lower left corner.
    09-28-2014 01:03 AM
    I have this exact same issue. But I'm not as fortunate as you. It hardly takes an effort to have my screen go loco.

But it has a bit more concentration in one part tho.
    wp_20140928_002.jpg
    09-28-2014 05:29 AM
    same problem on RM-937 HK T_T
    10-14-2014 08:58 PM
    10-15-2014 01:07 AM
    If I pressed my top left corner where the sd/sim is I get Cortana or back button, I was getting random issues like Vick was in post above until facebook got updated, I found facebook messenger in app was half my troubles. They removed it and boom no issues for 5 days (touch wood longest ever) I use black for facebook app for replacement now. I still have my contacts synced with old facebook app I just don't open it. I don't like the new messenger privacy now!
    10-15-2014 09:16 AM
    Same happen here. What to do?
    10-15-2014 12:19 PM
    same problem here :(
    10-15-2014 01:34 PM
    I sent mine in for warranty repair. They put on a new digitizer, replaced the screen, and put on a new shell. Now I got a case on mine and I'm watching how the phone gets bent in use. Seems like bending it a certain way messes up the digitizer.
    10-15-2014 01:36 PM
    Everyday this thing happen now. So annoying. Now using fresh cyan after format my phone. Still same. -_-+
    10-21-2014 08:45 AM
    Hey guys just wanted to give a update on my phone. I reset my phone a few times but still had the same issue. Then I tried using the Nokia recover tool to do a reset but the problem was still there. About 2 weeks ago the problem got worse. If I touched d back top left part of the phone it started giving me the same issues just like touching the top left part of the front bezel. I wanted to try one last thing before sending the phone in for repairs. This time I reset the phone but instead of restoring to one of my old saved profiles I chose to restart a fresh one. Since all my downloaded apps & games were saved in the marketplace under my apps I figured I can reinstall them again with no problems. This time after I reset the phone there were no issues with the screen. I started downloading every game from before & played each one for over a hour to see if it might be related to a certain game and so far no issues. The previous times when I reset the phone the screen issues would reappear right away. So for you guys having issues with the top left bezel do what I did. Reset the phone but start with a fresh profile instead of restoring to one of your old ones & see what happens. If the issue comes back I will update this post but so far so its been great.
    10-31-2014 10:52 PM
    My phone has started doing this but it was after I dropped it down a flight of stairs and cracked the glass.
    11-01-2014 05:02 AM
    Hey guys just wanted to give a update on my phone. I reset my phone a few times but still had the same issue. Then I tried using the Nokia recover tool to do a reset but the problem was still there. About 2 weeks ago the problem got worse. If I touched d back top left part of the phone it started giving me the same issues just like touching the top left part of the front bezel. I wanted to try one last thing before sending the phone in for repairs. This time I reset the phone but instead of restoring to one of my old saved profiles I chose to restart a fresh one. Since all my downloaded apps & games were saved in the marketplace under my apps I figured I can reinstall them again with no problems. This time after I reset the phone there were no issues with the screen. I started downloading every game from before & played each one for over a hour to see if it might be related to a certain game and so far no issues. The previous times when I reset the phone the screen issues would reappear right away. So for you guys having issues with the top left bezel do what I did. Reset the phone but start with a fresh profile instead of restoring to one of your old ones & see what happens. If the issue comes back I will update this post but so far so its been great.
    Ive tried this and still have the issue. Just tried the top of the screen by the FF camera and sure enough it acts like the back button is being pressed. Im leaning towards this being an issue with the digitizer.
    11-12-2014 03:15 PM
    I just got my replacement phone today, 7 days short of the warranty expiring. Any of you having this problem that got the phone on the release date should get it replaced as soon as possible since they are nearing 1 year old in a few days.

Mine just does it spontaneously and it kept getting worse over time. I haven't found any triggers.

Oh, if you think you fixed the problem through a restore or something you probably didn't. Sometimes it can go a day or several hours without whacking out.
    11-13-2014 01:42 PM
    I just got my replacement phone today, 7 days short of the warranty expiring. Any of you having this problem that got the phone on the release date should get it replaced as soon as possible since they are nearing 1 year old in a few days.

Mine just does it spontaneously and it kept getting worse over time. I haven't found any triggers.

Oh, if you think you fixed the problem through a restore or something you probably didn't. Sometimes it can go a day or several hours without whacking out.
    Im getting my replacement today, unfortunately they wont send me a white one like I currently have. I'll be getting a yellow one through the insurance company. Now I have to spend my time on a T&E report for a yellow phone...ugh.
    11-19-2014 11:30 AM
    Well, I won't be buying one of those.
    11-19-2014 11:44 AM
    Now that I think of this, my Lumia 635 does back in many of situations. Coincidence?
    11-19-2014 12:02 PM
    Nothing happens in my 520; no matter how much pressure I give.
    11-19-2014 12:21 PM
28 12