08-31-2017 09:38 AM
89 1234
tools
    Edit!
    If you have a SD card inserted take it OUT before trying to revert back to wp8.

Removing the sim card has also been reported to work in some cases.

If you have USB 3.0 as standard on your computer try to Activate USB 2.0 compatibility mode.
    On some moderbords it can be done thru windows and on others you have to go into bios.

EDIT!!
    It is the usb drivers are what is messing with the program(nokia recovery).
    If the program doesn't recognize your device;
    1 Go into device mng, uninstall the 3 or 4 drivers while the phone is connected. (right click the driver to get uninstall option)
    2 unplug the phone.
    3 open the program.
    4 plug the phone into a usb port. (if it dosent work, try a new usb after a restart at steps 1-3.)

In device mng, you should have 1 not 2 "Winusb Device" driver and (edit) 1 "Nokia usb connectivity" under "Universal Serial Bus devices", 1 "Windows Phone" driver under portable devices.

This is how it should (edit)NOT look!!!!
    untitled.jpg

Edit: trying to replicate the problem.
    Did not recognize my phone, so i follow my own steps and wholla!

Here is the print:
    untitled2.jpg

If this dont work for you or you get stuck at "big nokia logo", i will try to replicate the problem if i can.
    Last edited by henkepalmquist; 07-27-2014 at 05:40 AM.
    07-25-2014 07:30 AM
    Not seeing a response, missylob...

I've tried USB 2 and 3 ports, several cables, including the Nokia cable.

Has anyone tried a hard reset?
    07-25-2014 07:38 AM
    Not if you have the dev preview. Unfortunately I'm having the same problem as you...
    What you are seeing is the hardware bios rev and yes it is the same as what you have. What you are missing is that there is the WP8 GDR3 OS version that is included with this download.

Just do it and you see what I mean.
    07-25-2014 07:56 AM
    I have the ICON and when I first tried, it did not go. I downloaded the version of the Nokia Software that ends in "For Retail". Once I did this it worked. I have gone back and forth a few times without problems using this version.

Good luck.
    07-25-2014 08:05 AM
    At least I got my settings restored finally after a 3rd Hard Reset. Also got the Windows Phone App for Desktop to start seeing my phone again.

I'll try going through the device manager after work. So glad some other people are finding solutions. I was pulling my hair out for a bit there. Thank you.
    missylob likes this.
    07-25-2014 09:00 AM
    You have to delete the download files if they fail before retrying. Also may want to try the Software Updater, which was the version before the Recovery tool. I successfully reverted my Icon a couple months ago with the Updater after failing with the Recovery tool. If you try the Updater, make sure you first completely uninstall the Recovery tool including the additional components it installs. You'll see them in Control Panel\Programs. I had to try the Updater a couple times and it only worked when I selected the option for "Phone won't turn on".
    07-25-2014 09:08 AM
    I would be very gratefful if anyone haves any link with help how to revert from WP preview for developers 8.1 to 8.0.
    I have tried suggested solution with Nokia Software Recovery Tool, but it can not be performed.

I downloaded the software, plugged in My phone. Interface is showing my phone (Nokia Lumia 625) mut it says that there is no software found for my phone and it can not update it.
    Any idea what to do?
    07-25-2014 09:26 AM
    Lumia 925 here. Not working for me either. I hope they fix it so you don't have to downgrade. I don't mind waiting.
    07-25-2014 09:41 AM
    I ran into an issue too during an update to the Recovery Tool software. I ended up uninstalling it from my PC, power off/on, then reinstalling it. After that...success.
    07-25-2014 09:47 AM
    I tried several times with install/uninstal, and allways without success. Then I decided to uninstal Recovery Tool and make a system recovery to earler time (Windows 7) to a time without Recovery Tool installed.
    Now I am waiting for solution from Microsoft. :)
    07-25-2014 09:53 AM
    I would be very gratefful if anyone haves any link with help how to revert from WP preview for developers 8.1 to 8.0.
    I have tried suggested solution with Nokia Software Recovery Tool, but it can not be performed.

I downloaded the software, plugged in My phone. Interface is showing my phone (Nokia Lumia 625) mut it says that there is no software found for my phone and it can not update it.
    Any idea what to do?
    Lumia 625 should be supported, at least nokia say so...
    Did you update to the latest 1.4.3?
    Try to reboot the computer and phone.
    If not then try to softreset the phone and see if it detects a new software after that.
    If that fails then do a backup and then do a full wipe.
    If that fails then my friend, i guess you're out of luck from me :P

Btw you could always try "NSU retail".
    But you need to uninstall the "Nokia Software Recovery Tool" and do a restart before you install the "NSU retail".
    07-25-2014 10:44 AM

Yip.......I've been trying to get around these problems for a week now. I've tried every combination I can think of....

hard reset my phone several times

Uninstalled / Reinstalled the recovery tool....several times

Tried different cables, different USB's, running the programme at different times of the day

I've seriously tried EVERYTHING

I'm open to any suggestions....anything I've missed or not tried yet
    07-25-2014 11:01 AM
    If I try to cancel recovery it says your phone will be damaged. Shall cancel it and begin from the start?
    07-25-2014 11:17 AM
    If I try to cancel recovery it says your phone will be damaged. Shall cancel it and begin from the start?
    has it started to update or is it on 0%?
    07-25-2014 11:22 AM
    I've seriously tried EVERYTHING
    Then what is the problem you are running into?
    A error or is the phone not found? And what model is it?
    07-25-2014 11:23 AM
    Doesn't work on my 1520 either.
    07-25-2014 12:59 PM
    Geez. I have slow internet and it took hours to download the OS. Left it running and came back the next day and there was no OS to install and it attempted to download again. Could not find the supposed folder it was downloaded into... Wtf. I'll be pretty upset if I wait by the PC this time and it doesn't even work.
    07-25-2014 02:04 PM
    Geez. I have slow internet and it took hours to download the OS. Left it running and came back the next day and there was no OS to install and it attempted to download again. Could not find the supposed folder it was downloaded into... Wtf. I'll be pretty upset if I wait by the PC this time and it doesn't even work.
    Same thing happened to me, you just have to redownload it.
    Sry to hear it takes so long, it should be a human right to have access to a internet faster than 50mb/s < > ^^
    Blacklac likes this.
    07-25-2014 02:32 PM
    Same thing happened to me, you just have to redownload it.
    Sry to hear it takes so long, it should be a human right to have access to a internet faster than 50mb/s < > ^^
    I'm downloading at 85kB/s... Lol! Terrible internet speeds out in the country, in my area. If only I had unlimited data, id use internet sharing from my phone. Lol
    07-25-2014 02:41 PM
    It worked flawlessly for me this morning. 1520
    07-25-2014 02:46 PM

I did and Tool still not see my lumia 1520.

real mystery; I try on a W7 PC with same recovery tool and still don't work.
    Could it be a driver issue ?

I use also an Android Nexus 2013 pad and have lot of android drivers; it Seems Recovery Tool is looking for ALL drivers installed .....

Waiting for new idea or help
    07-25-2014 03:01 PM
    Is this tool safe to use or am I going to brick my 1020?
    07-25-2014 03:25 PM
    My recovery tool just keeps re-downloading the software after completing. It's been doing that over and over.
    07-25-2014 03:56 PM
    My recovery tool just keeps re-downloading the software after completing. It's been doing that over and over.
    Exactly the same happening for me.

Posted via Windows Phone Central App
    07-25-2014 04:00 PM
    Is this tool safe to use or am I going to brick my 1020?
    Fairly safe you will not brick your device, but you will lose all of your information.
    So make a backup before you start.
    russshoe likes this.
    07-25-2014 04:00 PM
89 1234