12-17-2014 04:29 AM
64 123
tools
    Just received the 1520.3 from B&H a few days ago; getting used to the size.

Wasn't sure I was going to keep it, but now think I will until something else comes along. Surprisingly, the performance isn't leaps and bounds above my dual-core Lumia 810. I think that speaks of two things, the speed of the OS and the speed of the internal storage of the 1520 vs. the slower SD card on my 810, where I kept most of my apps.

While I like it, I honestly think it's about 1/2" too big and just an ounce or so too heavy. This is the first time I've found that I'm taking careful note of the weight and size of a phone's case as it's now an additive comfort factor. Even though I have large hands (L-XL glove size), when using one handed the corners of the screen are just out of a comfortable thumb's reach and I have to shift the phone up & down. Something on order of the LG G3 (5.5") is about right for me as the maximum screen size & weight. Hopefully LG will take a crack at Windows Phone now that some of the hardware parameters have been simplified.

But otherwise the 1520.3 hits all the right notes: Glance, Qi charging, it's fast, great screen, great camera, works on T-Mobile, 32 GB + SD card (!). A lot to like there.
    08-12-2014 03:12 PM
    I am doing an exchange of my L1520.3 so in the mean time I am using my L920. What is up with this TINY phone!
    08-12-2014 06:22 PM
    And no one mentioned the Big GREEN hulk that AT&T.... It's Huge.... It's Green.... It's a 1520! Yeah!

Personally, my 1520 Black 32GM with 128GB SD with Cyan WP 8.1... A serious piece of Hardware and has yet to have any issues. It runs everything... the battery lasts me 2+ days. I can read text on web pages without zooming... that's a 1st. The 1520 gives a great experience...

Oh, did I mention... I can read the screen in full sunlight!

~ScottGeek.
    08-12-2014 07:46 PM
    I came to WP in part because of the Android emulator and the reliance on Android apps on BB10. I do NOT want to buy a platform that relies on another platform for apps. I will not so that. So I hope WP does not follow BlackBerry down that path.
    Don't worry that idea has been officially killed ay MS...Thank god! Lol.
    08-12-2014 07:57 PM
    Just received the 1520.3 from B&H a few days ago; getting used to the size.

Wasn't sure I was going to keep it, but now think I will until something else comes along. Surprisingly, the performance isn't leaps and bounds above my dual-core Lumia 810. I think that speaks of two things, the speed of the OS and the speed of the internal storage of the 1520 vs. the slower SD card on my 810, where I kept most of my apps.

While I like it, I honestly think it's about 1/2" too big and just an ounce or so too heavy. This is the first time I've found that I'm taking careful note of the weight and size of a phone's case as it's now an additive comfort factor. Even though I have large hands (L-XL glove size), when using one handed the corners of the screen are just out of a comfortable thumb's reach and I have to shift the phone up & down. Something on order of the LG G3 (5.5") is about right for me as the maximum screen size & weight. Hopefully LG will take a crack at Windows Phone now that some of the hardware parameters have been simplified.

But otherwise the 1520.3 hits all the right notes: Glance, Qi charging, it's fast, great screen, great camera, works on T-Mobile, 32 GB + SD card (!). A lot to like there.
    08-12-2014 08:24 PM
    Go Buy for It. My only Regret is that i wasnt able to buy the Lumia 1520 Sale in Abenson Philippines.

Some great deals are happening on Lumia devices in the Philippines | Windows Phone Central

:-\ with its current SRP, i cant afford it.hahaha
    08-12-2014 09:17 PM
    Just to update this thread.

I ended up returning the phone before the 14 day buyers remorse period ended on att.

I want to wait for the iPhone and note and maybe the successor of the 1520. Just to see the competition.

In the meantime I got a Lumia 520 prepaid gophone for $50 on WalMart and I'm using my regular line on att with it. And I think it's the best back up phone 😊

I love the screen and battery life of the 1520. I love how all Lumia phones go into "drive mode" when paired with a BT car or headset automatically, and this feature alone can make me switch.

What I miss most on android is google now. Cortana isn't there yet. I don't need to launch google now to remind me to leave for an appointment for traffic, or see when packages are coming in and some other small things.

I'm looking forward to iOS 8 because of continuity between the mac. I love my mac. But its not a feature that will make me want to switch tho.

For me, the one who meets my needs is android > windows > iOS

tapatalk on my nokia 520
    08-20-2014 09:51 AM
    i dont think its worth it thats why i got a lumia 1320 and im waiting now cuz i heard rumours that a lumia 1820 thats way better than the 1520 is coming soon maybe by xmas i dont know
    08-20-2014 10:04 AM
    i dont think its worth it thats why i got a lumia 1320 and im waiting now cuz i heard rumours that a lumia 1820 thats way better than the 1520 is coming soon maybe by xmas i dont know
    An 1820? I wouldn't bother waiting for something that's was 'supposed' to be unveiled in February. A good chance it's not coming.
    08-20-2014 10:10 AM
    Definitely hands down the best windows phone to date. Love my 1520!!!
    08-20-2014 02:23 PM
    thats it i am buying it !!!!!
    Cartman and RumoredNow like this.
    12-15-2014 11:07 PM
    I hate my L1520 as much as I love it...

I love all about the phone, but it makes me nuts when that phantom touch bug screws all the thing up while I'm playing or browsing any news app (some games are just not playable: ninja+, secret and treasure, and almost all games "one accurate touch is your only chance")
    Now it's hard for me to say if it was a good choice or not, cause yes it was, the phone is amazing, but it's sometimes really frustrating I'm not so sure about my choice.

So, I think people should keep in mind that there is this bug for a certain amount of devices before buying it.
    12-16-2014 09:38 AM
    I hate my L1520 as much as I love it...

I love all about the phone, but it makes me nuts when that phantom touch bug screws all the thing up while I'm playing or browsing any news app (some games are just not playable: ninja+, secret and treasure, and almost all games "one accurate touch is your only chance")
    Now it's hard for me to say if it was a good choice or not, cause yes it was, the phone is amazing, but it's sometimes really frustrating I'm not so sure about my choice.

So, I think people should keep in mind that there is this bug for a certain amount of devices before buying it.
    Hilder, have you seen this physical explanation of the cause? http://forums.windowscentral.com/nok...0/297759-6.htm It may not be a bug...
    12-16-2014 11:39 AM
    Hilder, have you seen this physical explanation of the cause? http://forums.windowscentral.com/nok...0/297759-6.htm It may not be a bug...
    Yup, and I did a lot of experimentations about the hardware stuff.
    And it's not about bending or whatelse on the Pocket, I never had put my phone on any pockets since my L920 had dust on it's camera due to this, so, for more than a year.
    Plus there are some other posts explaining it could be related to ESD problems due to a poor hardware design. And I'm pretty sure it's a better explaination (bending the phone can help with ESD issue for a time, but it's not a fix!).

But knowing this, I would never recommand a device with hardware issue that will never be fixed. I could for one with software bug, since it could be resolved with a firmware update. Particularly since it's related to the touch part of a tactile device. It would be like recommanding a mouse a joypad or a keyboard that randomly "forget" to transfer the input.
    But well, this issue put aside, it's a really great device. And that's why it is so frustrating, I wouldn't bother to have this issue on a L520.
    RumoredNow likes this.
    12-17-2014 04:29 AM
64 123