Is it worth it, Nokia Lumia 1520 ?

AJ98

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
Should i buy the lumia 1520 ? is it worth it ? It looks like it is too big but i am not sure ? can you guys tell me abt your experiences and thoughts abt it ?

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
you get 1080p screen. 20mp camera. A massive 3400mah battery. 2GB ram so every single app is available in the store. Snapdragon 800 so everything works flawlessly. Also it's the only high end windows phone with and sd card to expand your storage so yes,

Last edited:

sd173

Dec 24, 2013
Visit site
The 6" screen is the perfect size and super easy to get used to. You can never go back to a lower resolution and/or smaller screen once you get used to the 1520.

Plus everything else that's been posted too.

jomarr

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
It does look big but when it arrived I was like.. "that was it?". It really feels great on the hand and I was expecting bigger.

PS. My 5'2 mom with small hands loves the phone and thinks this is the right size. Unless you wear skinny jeans, size wouldn't bother you.

As for the specs, you get the same specs of the 930 plus a 3400 mAh battery and a micro SD card slot.

If the 1520 were to be upgraded this year, I seriously doubt it would be a huge spec bump as well.

Byrese

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
Absolutely. Quick story. I recently thought it was too big and was planning on selling it. I got a 1020, used it for a few hours and immediately decided that I couldn't let go of the 1520. Needless to say that 1020 is up for sale.

Yeah its a little big. And sometimes I'll admit that it's a "burden" to carry (no pun intended). But the HD 6'inch screen is just amazing and so worth it. Everything is enhanced. The processor so fast. The camera (while not the 1020) still beats every other phone hands down.

Trust...Get that phone now! :).

Timbre70

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
It does look big but when it arrived I was like.. "that was it?". It really feels great on the hand and I was expecting bigger.

PS. My 5'2 mom with small hands loves the phone and thinks this is the right size. Unless you wear skinny jeans, size wouldn't bother you.

As for the specs, you get the same specs of the 930 plus a 3400 mAh battery and a micro SD card slot.

If the 1520 were to be upgraded this year, I seriously doubt it would be a huge spec bump as well.

The successor could even be a "downgrade" as seen from the 5 and 6 series Lumias.

Grab it while it's still available. :winktongue:

MDK22

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
WHY ask ?

If you like the specs (currently, still a flagship), the size is incidental.

FWIW - the size has become a good conversation starter. People can't help but comment on the size of IT. When they look at the phone they're stunned, it's everything and then some. I absolutely love mine, don't know what Microsoft will do for an encore.

Don't hesitate, get the damn phone ...

jedpatrickdatu

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
It's worth it. At first I was scared about the size, but I tell you, you do get used to it. I now feel uneasy when using 4 to 5 inch smartphones. The only real downside I found was that it can fit only in large pockets.

anon(7935575)

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
I haven't found anyone who is disappointed with 1520. A good friend of mine switched from android to it and calls it his best decision ever. And he even hates android now.

Byrese

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
It's worth it. At first I was scared about the size, but I tell you, you do get used to it. I now feel uneasy when using 4 to 5 inch smartphones. The only real downside I found was that it can fit only in large pockets.

I feel u. Once you have that phone in your hands anything else feels small. I held that 1020 in my hand and it honestly felt like a toy. Lol 😁

AJ98

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
Thank you guys, helped me alot. But will it work on Tmobile ? If I buy it unlocked from will I be able to update my phone to newer version like the windows phone 8.1 GDR 1? Thank You

kj_wp

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
You have two choices
1. Lumia 1525 coming soon
2. Lumia1520.3 RM-995. Supports tmo/att 3G/4G and LTE bands. The 1520 RM-937 only supports ATT 3G/4G

Byrese

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
Thank you guys, helped me alot. But will it work on Tmobile ? If I buy it unlocked from will I be able to update my phone to newer version like the windows phone 8.1 GDR 1? Thank You

Yes. I have one on TMO. Everything works just fine like any other unlocked phone from att. Why? Because both are GSM networks. What u can't do is put sprint or Verizon on TMO the latter being CDMA. Not sure what Sprint is.

MikeTheYid

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
I cracked the screen of my 920 and was confused of when to buy and what to replace it with. Bought it off contract. When you compare it the 920 its huge but feels lighter. The sides are nice and curved. Really comfortable in the hand. I had gotten so used to my tile setup with the extra column it was weird ti get used to but today is day 4 and its great. No regrets.

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
The model you want for T-Mobile is the 1520.3 (RM-938, not RM-995). It's the only one that'll get you on T-Mobile's LTE network. The regular unlocked international version (RM-937) won't.

Byrese

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
I cracked the screen of my 920 and was confused of when to buy and what to replace it with. Bought it off contract. When you compare it the 920 its huge but feels lighter. The sides are nice and curved. Really comfortable in the hand. I had gotten so used to my tile setup with the extra column it was weird ti get used to but today is day 4 and its great. No regrets.

You're right. It does feel lighter in the hand though its much bigger. And the curves do help. Sometimes I find it difficult to decide when to carry my case cause i like holding it natural so much.

MDK22

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
OK, let's put this to bed, once & for all ...

It's BIG, you'll get very used to it & everything else will seem small (abnormal) & it does fit in your pocket !

It's :
- da bomb
- the fo shizzle
- the bees knees
- rad
- all that & a bag of chips
- your new Bae
- the ish
- whatever new superlative, I missed
- :winktongue::cool::shocked::cool::love:
- and, it gets a lot of attention - ' ... wow, that's so big ... ', to which you reply (you need a snappy / snarky comeback, 'cause it'll happen)

Oh, I forgot, it's awesome, you gotta get it.

Last edited:

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
OK, let's put this to bed, once & for all ...

It's BIG, you'll get very used to it & everything else will seem small (abnormal) & it does fit in your pocket !

It's :
- da bomb
- the fo shizzle
- the bees knees
- rad
- all that & a bag of chips
- your new Bae
- the ish
- whatever new superlative, I missed
- :winktongue::cool::shocked::cool::love:
- and, it gets a lot of attention - ' ... wow, that's so big ... ', to which you reply (you need a snappy / snarky comeback, 'cause it'll happen)

Summed up nicely. 👍

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)