Is it worth it, Nokia Lumia 1520 ?

Hildr

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
I hate my L1520 as much as I love it...

I love all about the phone, but it makes me nuts when that phantom touch bug screws all the thing up while I'm playing or browsing any news app (some games are just not playable: ninja+, secret and treasure, and almost all games "one accurate touch is your only chance")
Now it's hard for me to say if it was a good choice or not, cause yes it was, the phone is amazing, but it's sometimes really frustrating I'm not so sure about my choice.

So, I think people should keep in mind that there is this bug for a certain amount of devices before buying it.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I hate my L1520 as much as I love it...

I love all about the phone, but it makes me nuts when that phantom touch bug screws all the thing up while I'm playing or browsing any news app (some games are just not playable: ninja+, secret and treasure, and almost all games "one accurate touch is your only chance")
Now it's hard for me to say if it was a good choice or not, cause yes it was, the phone is amazing, but it's sometimes really frustrating I'm not so sure about my choice.

So, I think people should keep in mind that there is this bug for a certain amount of devices before buying it.

Hilder, have you seen this physical explanation of the cause? http://forums.windowscentral.com/nokia-lumia-1520/297759-6.htm It may not be a bug...

Hildr

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
Hilder, have you seen this physical explanation of the cause? http://forums.windowscentral.com/nokia-lumia-1520/297759-6.htm It may not be a bug...
Yup, and I did a lot of experimentations about the hardware stuff.
And it's not about bending or whatelse on the Pocket, I never had put my phone on any pockets since my L920 had dust on it's camera due to this, so, for more than a year.
Plus there are some other posts explaining it could be related to ESD problems due to a poor hardware design. And I'm pretty sure it's a better explaination (bending the phone can help with ESD issue for a time, but it's not a fix!).

But knowing this, I would never recommand a device with hardware issue that will never be fixed. I could for one with software bug, since it could be resolved with a firmware update. Particularly since it's related to the touch part of a tactile device. It would be like recommanding a mouse a joypad or a keyboard that randomly "forget" to transfer the input.
But well, this issue put aside, it's a really great device. And that's why it is so frustrating, I wouldn't bother to have this issue on a L520.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss