Lumia 1520.3 (RM-938) on AT&T...can I get Cyan / WP8.1??

Yipcanjo

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
I've got a Lumia 1520.3 (RM-938) purchased from Newegg that was running WP8.1 Developer Preview. Working fine, for the most part, but since I'm on AT&T (US, Seattle area) I was hoping to grab the official WP8.1 release + Cyan today. So I....

- Downloaded the official Nokia Recovery Tool
- Had the phone detected
- Let it update and reset back to WP8
- Hard reset
- Booted up, logged in
- Searched for phone update...but no luck :(

Is it safe to assume that *unlocked* 1520.3 (RM-938) phones on AT&T aren't getting the updates yet?

TechoGeek

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
I just checked and I see no update. I've been running stock since I received the 938.
Sent from my RM-938_lta_lta_905 (Unicorn) using Tapatalk

ChristianKing

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Its a carrier variant from Latin America (Mexico to be specific). Until the carrier or Microsoft releases the firmware containing all the right radios and other cyan bits needed, we will have to wait. It sucks that at&t actually beat the unlocked brethren, but, it happens from time to time. Hopefully the 1520 models will be like the 925 and get worldwide priority. It is the closest thing to a flagship we have at the moment.

raruhs

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
Yes, hopefully we will get it soon. As those are not carrier specific, I guess we should get it soon.. but who knows...

raruhs

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
Hi all,

I am just downloading the update.. please all give it a try.

Looks like that some pressure worked. I have a nice conversation via twitter with Nokia Support from Mexico. Even they did not tell when, maybe this help to push, in special for non-branded unlocked phone like us.

I will post after the update is done.

:)

Edit:

There are two updated. One small and quick and after it has finished, you request again to look for update and start downloading the bigger update.

Yipcanjo

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
Hey...thanks! I had to downgrade my phone (via the Nokia Software Recovery tool, as before) but it's surprisingly fast, considering. I'm now updated to the official release of WP8.1 + CYAN on my Lumia 1520.3. Looks great so far!

Chris_Kez

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Is the 1520.3 limited to HSPA+ on AT&T? If so, have you compared speeds to another phone running on AT&T's LTE network? I'm very tempted to buy one of these phones to take advantage of Qi charging that is missing on the AT&T variant (I have five wireless charging plates from my recently demised 920).

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
It has the frequencies and classes of LTE needed for AT&T. That from a spec sheet. Other AT&T users around this forum state no problem.

I use T-MoUS and have no problem getting LTE. So on paper (for me) I don't see any issues. If there is any speed difference it would only be the normal variations (time, location) and should not be affected by device. There is no "second class" LTE.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire