Volume Controls

jfreiman

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
Yep, separate volume rockers for "Ringer + Notifications" and "Media + Apps"
Was in the DP and is still present with Cyan and 8.1.

anon77519

Jul 6, 2014
Visit site
Nope they didn't. Ringer and Notifications is together. When I go to bed I want my ringer on but Notifications off so I don't hear emails coming in while I am sleeping.

Jim

Geddeeee

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
Nope they didn't. Ringer and Notifications is together. When I go to bed I want my ringer on but Notifications off so I don't hear emails coming in while I am sleeping.

Jim

Through Notification centre, change the settings for e-mail. A quick switch will turn off any notification sounds....

anon77519

Jul 6, 2014
Visit site
I looked in the Notification area and there is no quick switch to turn off all Notifications and leave the ringer on. If I hit the volume button then the down arrow there is two Volume controls.

1- Ringer + Notifications
2 - Media + Apps

If I want to turn off the email Notifications I have to go into each Email and turn it off then back on in the morning. That is way to time consuming. I thought of quiet hours but then I would have to add everyone I would want to break through. I'm on call for my job and if I get a call they don't all ways call from the same number so Quiet Hours will not work either.

Jim

Tim Bearden

Jan 9, 2014
Visit site
You could get Metromail then combine all your emails into one place and it has its own quiet hours type program built in. It also has the ability to tab off each account so they'll still be separate. It's quite handy.

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
I looked in the Notification area and there is no quick switch to turn off all Notifications and leave the ringer on. If I hit the volume button then the down arrow there is two Volume controls.

1- Ringer + Notifications
2 - Media + Apps

If I want to turn off the email Notifications I have to go into each Email and turn it off then back on in the morning. That is way to time consuming. I thought of quiet hours but then I would have to add everyone I would want to break through. I'm on call for my job and if I get a call they don't all ways call from the same number so Quiet Hours will not work either.

Jim
Turn off your wifi and data?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett