I thought WP 8.1 had separate volume controls for system, ringer ect.

Did they add this?

Thanks
    Jim
    07-24-2014 09:57 PM
    Yep, separate volume rockers for "Ringer + Notifications" and "Media + Apps"
    Was in the DP and is still present with Cyan and 8.1.
    07-24-2014 11:04 PM
    Nope they didn't. Ringer and Notifications is together. When I go to bed I want my ringer on but Notifications off so I don't hear emails coming in while I am sleeping.

Jim
    07-25-2014 11:40 AM
    Nope they didn't. Ringer and Notifications is together. When I go to bed I want my ringer on but Notifications off so I don't hear emails coming in while I am sleeping.

Jim
    Through Notification centre, change the settings for e-mail. A quick switch will turn off any notification sounds....
    07-25-2014 11:53 AM
    I looked in the Notification area and there is no quick switch to turn off all Notifications and leave the ringer on. If I hit the volume button then the down arrow there is two Volume controls.

1- Ringer + Notifications
    2 - Media + Apps

If I want to turn off the email Notifications I have to go into each Email and turn it off then back on in the morning. That is way to time consuming. I thought of quiet hours but then I would have to add everyone I would want to break through. I'm on call for my job and if I get a call they don't all ways call from the same number so Quiet Hours will not work either.

Jim
    07-26-2014 07:11 PM
    You could get Metromail then combine all your emails into one place and it has its own quiet hours type program built in. It also has the ability to tab off each account so they'll still be separate. It's quite handy.
    07-28-2014 05:55 AM
    Through Notification centre, change the settings for e-mail. A quick switch will turn off any notification sounds....
    In the setting there should be something called notifications+actions. Just tap that then turn the sound of your email off.
    07-28-2014 06:05 AM
    I looked in the Notification area and there is no quick switch to turn off all Notifications and leave the ringer on. If I hit the volume button then the down arrow there is two Volume controls.

1- Ringer + Notifications
    2 - Media + Apps

If I want to turn off the email Notifications I have to go into each Email and turn it off then back on in the morning. That is way to time consuming. I thought of quiet hours but then I would have to add everyone I would want to break through. I'm on call for my job and if I get a call they don't all ways call from the same number so Quiet Hours will not work either.

Jim
    Turn off your wifi and data?
    07-28-2014 06:05 AM
    In the setting there should be something called notifications+actions. Just tap that then turn the sound of your email off.

I have 5 email accounts so that would make it a PITA to turn on and off. I am going to check out the Metromail app.

Thanks
    Jim
    07-28-2014 10:46 PM