I was performing a recovery but it was interrupted and the screen went black.

Spikeytree

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
Hello! As the title states i was trying to perform a recovery on my ATT lumia 1520 (was going back to 8.0). When a warming popped up asking if i want to recovery with the sim card inserted. Since i thought the recovery processed was paused i remove the cable and remove the sim card. When i plug the cable back in and hit no(or continue) the screen went black. I have not be able to get any sign of life out of the phone at this moment. I have try holding down the (- volume key plus the power key) combo and (-volume key plus power and camera key) combo. Nothing i do seem to let me know that the phone is still up and running. I have downloaded the NSU with the latest update but that didn't seem to be of any help. I am just wondering if anyone have any ideal of what i should do next. Should i try disconnecting the battery and reconnecting it? Any help would be welcome. Thank you in advance!

Skamath

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
In the Nokia software recovery tool for store Window on the left hand bottom corner (from memory) there is an option to revive a dead phone. Google the process and you will find some good sites like XDA developers with good detailed instructions to fix. You will also need the Stock ROM number to find out which version of the SW you would need. Ask google recover dead Lumia phone XDA developers for the links :) Hope it helps you to revive your phone. Cheers

P.S This time Do not I repeat DO NOT interrupt the surgeon or the patient during surgery even if the phone looks like stuck on a screen. It is always the best of intentions that cause trouble.

Spikeytree

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
I guess the Nokia program i downloaded wasn't the recovery tool (even if it has a similar screen). Going to give that a try now. Thanks!

Germak

May 10, 2014
Visit site
Is your phone recognized by your PC when you connect it?if not go to nokiacare.if yes try again with nokia recovery.if your PC recognize the phone and you hear the sound that something has connected to the PC then your phone is alive.

Spikeytree

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for all the help! Just got off live chat with tech support and it looks like i am going to have to sent the phone to Nokia.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)