IMEI / Serial Number on 1520

anon(580888)

Jun 6, 2014
Visit site
I just bought a 1520 on eBay for $295, my first Windows phone!! I want to guide the seller to how to get to the IMEI and Serial numbers so I can check them with AT&T. Can someone provide directions / screenshots?

Also, anything else I should ask prior to paying?

Thank you for your help, excited to officially join the community!!

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Go to the settings app.

Scroll down to "about"

In about, hit "more info"

All the info you need should be there. I don't know about the serial number, my ATT 920 shows my IMEI.

I can't really think of anything else to ask other than the obvious stuff like condition.

David P2

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
I just bought a 1520 on eBay for $295, my first Windows phone!! I want to guide the seller to how to get to the IMEI and Serial numbers so I can check them with AT&T. Can someone provide directions / screenshots?

Also, anything else I should ask prior to paying?

Thank you for your help, excited to officially join the community!!

From the dialler, type in: *#06# and the serial number will pop up on screen.

anon(580888)

Jun 6, 2014
Visit site
Do I need the serial number to check with AT&T, or is the IMEI enough? (I've never done this before, so I want to cover all my bases)

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Oh, I forgot, ATT will refuse to unlock the device if you are not the original owner regardless of circumstances.

It would be best to try to get it unlocked from the seller, but if the seller refuses, vanishes, or can't contact the original buyer, consider it locked forever, or extra money sunk into unlocking it via a third party. (price varies, $20-70, whatever)

anon(580888)

Jun 6, 2014
Visit site
Oh, I forgot, ATT will refuse to unlock the device if you are not the original owner regardless of circumstances.

It would be best to try to get it unlocked from the seller, but if the seller refuses, vanishes, or can't contact the original buyer, consider it locked forever, or extra money sunk into unlocking it via a third party. (price varies, $20-70, whatever)

Correct me if I'm wrong, but that means that the phone will be tied to AT&T, correct? Not that it won't work? I have AT&T because of work, so I won't be leaving them any time soon (by the time I do, this phone will probably be ancient or sold)

David P2

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
If you're not leaving AT&T for the foreseeable future then I wouldn't worry about unlocking it, if it's already locked to AT&T.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett