A couple of issues so far with 8.1 and 1520

jtmo3

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
Upgraded yesterday. Running 8.1 and cyan. Been playing with the new os. Couple things I've noticed and wanted to see if anyone else sees these.

1. With Bluetooth connected to my ford mytouch, before on 8 the mobile signal meter never updated unless you activated the screen. It's the same now. But now, the battery strength indicator appears to not work at all. It stays on 4 of 5 bars no matter what the actual battery strength is. Is anyone else seeing this or heard about it?

2. Have the notifications for phone on and set to show in action center. Missed a call and there is no notification for the call in action center or for the voicemail they left. What am I missing here? All notifications are on as far as I can tell. Double checked in notifications and actions for phone.

3. I thought there was going to be a slider for brightness? Am I missing it?

4. With WiFi sense, I set up favorite places and turned WiFi off. When I left favorite place WiFi stayed off. When I came back to favorite place, WiFi turned on. But when I left again, WiFi stayed on and was searching for WiFi to connect to. I thought it was supposed to go off again to save battery? Am I wrong on this.

There are a few more but this is a start. Thanks.

John

MDK22

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
about #4 ...

You can set WiFi to turn back ON 'near my favorite places', but it doesn't turn itself OFF, when you leave that place, so YES, you're misinformed.

As far as some of the other issues - after you updated, before you (logged in &) restored your phone, did you do another restart ... or rely on the restart intiated by the OS, to complete installation. Don't know WHY people don't think that's important ?

I took the Lumia Cyan update, then HARD RESET my phone, to clear any gunk. After that, I logged in & started the backup restore.

balvi

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
i had issues with wifi/ mobile data and IE advanced not opening, did factory reset and all good now but don't have Google option in IE. on 8 i had . . .

jtmo3

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
Thanks guys. I'm figuring some of this out. As to #4, I guess I don't get the point of it. Why does it not turn out off again? Seems like it's half baked. I still have to manually adjust Wi-Fi. Seems like a good idea that wasn't finished.

As to #3, ya, I finally found it. I was expecting it to be more out front.

As to #2, I turned the phone notifications off and back on and that seems to have fixed that.

Getting things ironed out one at a time.

Thanks again.

tanyet

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Unfortunately they didn't do an actually "in the action center" brightness slider. They just did a brightness range that you can set. It's unfortunate but I'm kinda used to it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadDaniel