1520 disappearing apps after 8.1 update

antoninus99

May 10, 2014
Visit site
After downgrading to 8.0, and doing a clean install of 8.1 Cyan, apps are disappearing from my 1520.

More info...

I did not restore from backup, instead I did a clean install and downloaded all my apps again. The phone is faster and far less buggy.

Unfortunately, apps "disappear". Vine was installed, signed in, and pinned to the Start screen. Now it is a blank tile. In the app list I see the Vine app but the icon is just a black square. If I click on it I get a black screen that says "Resuming...".

This same thing has happened with two other apps after the update was installed.

Any ideas regarding what is causing this?

I have now reloaded the phone twice but the problem continues.

docangle1

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
I had the same issue! I could not figure out what was going on, if I kept turning the phone off and back on the apps would eventually show up. The reason for this is that I had too many apps on my home screen that were installed on the MicroSD Card. If I uninstalled them (and reboot) Change the settings on Storage Sense to install new apps on Phone (not SD Card) the problem went away.

antoninus99

May 10, 2014
Visit site
Is there a limit to how many apps you can have on the home screen?

I moved everything to the phone and formatted the card. Then moved everything back. Rebooted multiple times, and everything appears to be okay.

antoninus99

May 10, 2014
Visit site
UPDATE:

Both Vine and Pinterest disappeared again. I reinstalled them to the phone as you recommended. All other apps still working.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte