Who here uses a case and why?

Byrese

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
This may be silly but I'm curious to know who uses a case for your 1520 and If so why? Which one?

The 1520 is so big that wanted to get a case to protect it. I got a Red Nillkin case(its made in China) and it's awesome. Still, I sometimes I don't carry it because I love the feel of the phone itself. I go back and forth sometimes. Anybody with me on that?
Sent from my Lumia 1520 using Tapatalk

Attachments

• 300080c.jpg
    300080c.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 69

Timbre70

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
I guess this phone is beautiful and classical in design, just like the iconic iphone (though start to show sign of ageing). Cases in most cases will rob away the design asthetics of the phone.

I did toy with the idea of using it naked. However, the protruding cam makes me think thrice. So, my IMAK case is on the way. :grin:

bambuco

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I got the Nokia flip cover days after getting the phone activated. I used it sold for a month then realized how bulky it started to feel that I then rocked it nude. 3 months later I ran across a deal of the day for the amzer pudding case and have been using it for the last few days. It's not too bulky and add some protection...i was starting to see some chipping... So I've been pretty happy for sure. When I had it naked I was always looking for a cloth or napkin to sit my phone on... I didn't like putting it down without some protection. This pudding case is perfect.

multo

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I use a case because I still want extra protection despite knowing the build is good. I'm using the original flip cover or the Amzer Pudding case.

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Yeah. I agree. We all know that the build quality of Nokia phones is exceptional, but they still can suffer poorly from falls, keys, and the like. I see my phone as an investment that I might sell one day. The better condition, the better the price.
Right now, I switch between a couple of Nillkin cases and a thin case with the brand name of YESOO or YESDO...hard to tell.

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
See, I did use it without a cover.......... Then I dropped it 😢. Now I've got the biggest and most indestructible case on it.

jbfoster61

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
I have a clear TPU case on my red 1520. I mainly have so the back of my phone does not get all scratched up. Also it may help cushion the fall if I ever drop it.

Jim

May 29, 2014
Visit site
I'm exactly like you. I have an Incipio NGP case and I think it's one of the best you can buy for the 1520. It has a very reasonable price, looks fantastic, offers great protection, and doesn't add much bulk. But I am very good at protecting my phones and I never drop them so I rock my black 1520 nude 90% of the time. I only use the case when I go out somewhere I know I could have a high chance of dropping it.

MATRIX RELOADED

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
I never used cases on any of my phones before. But for this baby, with its beautiful huge screen and premium feel, I wouldn't dare not to have one. I am using a brown nillkin slim frosted case on my black Lumia 1520. This case made my phone look more premium. The colors really blended well. 😊

Byrese

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
I use a case because I still want extra protection despite knowing the build is good. I'm using the original flip cover or the Amzer Pudding case.

I have one of those cases too. I actually hate it. I think it adds to much bulk.

I also tried the original case with the flap from Microsoft. I took that expensive yet cheap garbage back immediately.

kabel_mk

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
This may be silly but I'm curious to know who uses a case for your 1520 and If so why? Which one?

The 1520 is so big that wanted to get a case to protect it. I got a Red Nillkin case(its made in China) and it's awesome. Still, I sometimes I don't carry it because I love the feel of the phone itself. I go back and forth sometimes. Anybody with me on that?
Sent from my Lumia 1520 using Tapatalk
Right you are Byrese, this is indeed a silly thread ... :D

But ill play along ... I do not use a case because I like them phones naked

multo

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I have one of those cases too. I actually hate it. I think it adds to much bulk.

I also tried the original case with the flap from Microsoft. I took that expensive yet cheap garbage back immediately.

To each his own specially with cases.

Pavel_Y

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
Bought Nilkin case few months ago. Had it on for a couple weeks and then decided that phone became too bulky with it. So I put it off. And recently I noticed few scratches on the camera lens... And case is back on :)

CharlieBoy1894

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site
I just got a red nillkin hard case for my black lumia 925 yesterday. I felt like the phone needed more weight and I don't want to get any scratch on the metal frame. And the red one blends well with the charcoal frame, makes it look more classy 👌

sharpycl

Nov 28, 2007
Visit site
I like cases for protection on my 2 year investment, and if it's the right case for the look of it. I've used cases on all my phones since I started carrying cell phones in 1999 and have always felt naked when I don't use one

WinFan1

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
I do in fact have a black case on my unlocked Lumia 1020 due to camera housing getting unsightly scratches. I am very anal attentive about things like that.
Sent from my RM-875_eu_euro1_211 using Tapatalk

WP7Nettwerk

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
Since first day i have screen protector on phone and case. It helps to feel secure, than nothing on it. I have GMYLE case. Looks beautiful.
Sent from my RM-1045_1003 using Tapatalk

roni09riku

May 20, 2014
Visit site
I bought a case for my 1520 a few days after buying it. At first it was uncomfy since the 1520 itself is already bulky when placed in my pocket, but I got used to it. I wasn't really planning on getting one because I wanna take advantage of wireless charging but I can't seem to find a proper wireless charger (I want one from Nokia, not the cheap ones), and also when I place the phone on a surface, the camera is the one making contact. I don't wanna scratch that.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb