Who here uses a case and why?

greedo_greedy

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
I use a white 1520 and it really gets dirt stuck on it so that I'd why I use a crystal case, I also need to protect the protruding camera

chrisgull

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
I have an Amzer TPU case and a mofi pu leather case w flap. I like both. Amzer case is great as slimline protection.

The white 1520 is beautiful but too darn slippery to hold. In addition, I got some fine scratches on my display and about a month later the screen cracked where the scratches were. New display $$$, now I have a screen protector so no more fine scratches.

soy_corriendo

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
I use a case for my black 1520 because it can be slippery to hold and the corners are sharp. I took my case study off for one night and I dropped it on its corners. Now one corner has a chunk missing and the other is scratched.

raydwatts

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
I use a Nillkin flip case for mine as it is a big phone and I want to protect it from drops and falls, as I tend to be clumsy, due to having quite limited use of one of my hands after a stroke.

NIllkin Magnetic Flip Stand Wallet Leather Case for Nokia Lumia 1520 16137

It has been dropped a few times with no problems. The case itself is quite slim and does not add too much bulk to the phone while protecting the screen as well as the body. I bought a yellow one as I assumed it would be easier to spot the phone if my memory failed and I forgot to pick it up.

Last edited:

Andrea988

Jul 27, 2014
Visit site
Right you are Byrese, this is indeed a silly thread ... :D

But ill play along ... I do not use a case because I like them phones naked

I don't think it is a silly thread, in fact cases are a multi-million pound industry and almost everybody I know with an expensive handset is using a case. I think for something as expensive (and overpriced) as premium phones can be, it makes sense to protect it, especially if you are on a long contract and will still be paying for it in at least a year's time.

I'm grateful to some of those who have posted as it gives me a few ideas. I like the leather cases which you just pull the phone out of rather than the flip cases, but I am struggling to find anything for my Lumia 930 (Icon) here in the UK. seems to be a choice between the cheap crap and the expensive Puhama cases which are great but take weeks to arrive because they come from China.

If anybody knows of anything decent in the UK please shout - there seems to be a gap in the market there for somebody!

Bobvfr

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
I ride a motorbike all day for my work, the phone is normally in a pocket by itself but sometimes other things end up with it, I bought the Nokia flip case (In red for my black phone) and it's still as new.

I would also prefer not to use a case but given my work I thought it best.

Bob

phlamethrowre

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site
This may be silly but I'm curious to know who uses a case for your 1520 and If so why? Which one?

The 1520 is so big that wanted to get a case to protect it. I got a Red Nillkin case(its made in China) and it's awesome. Still, I sometimes I don't carry it because I love the feel of the phone itself. I go back and forth sometimes. Anybody with me on that?

Sent from my Lumia 1520 using Tapatalk

I use a brown Nillkin. Best 1520 case available. IMO.

the36thCipher

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I use the Incipio PMI charging case on mine. It's relatively thin, protects the back and corners from scratches as well as offering wireless PMI charging. Something I had never thought about until today, it's also a hard case so my phone doesn't suffer from flexing which I have read causes swipe/touch issues on the 1520.

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Am thinking about getting one. Couldn't bring myself to use one on my 925 because it was too good looking. But the 1520 is nothing special looks wise. I did try a clear case on the 925 but stopped using it because I didn't think it gave much protection and even though clear it still detracted from the looks. That 925 converted a lot of people to Windows Phones. The 1520 will get the initial attention based on size even if it looks bland otherwise so no downside for a case other than bulk.

setasai

May 25, 2014
Visit site
I thought about it but all I felt I needed was better grip so I use the xtremeguard clear film for the 1525 on the back and a glass screen protector. Did the same with my 925.

Provides a good amount of grip and changes nothing in terms of looks and bulk. Of course it doesn't protect from drops if they do happen but scratches aren't a problem if I put the screen down. Still trying to find a nice ring to put on the camera just enough to prop it up.

nohra

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
For my 920 I got one of the ones that goes by many brand names, I think they are Amzer in the WPC store. It's the rubber/plastic combo. I got it because I wanted to protect the phone from drops and the reason I got this one was because it has a kickstand, which is AWESOME! It hides the cool red color, but with no backup phone, I can't risk it!

vepac

Apr 30, 2014
Visit site
Got tired of screen protectors and slowly took the protector off my otterbox for my icon and no glue residue stayed on the case but instead stayed on the protector so I guess if I want it back I can. So now I have a defender with out the plastic screen protector and using the bare screen its pretty nice.

KarateDad

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
I use one of the wallet cases when I travel. I find I tend to get my screen scratched more when traveling. Plus, with that, i can leave my wallet at home, so one less thing to worry about.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99