Sold 1520 switched to Nexus 5. Temporarily?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ray Adams

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
I will try to make this post not like others, where people switching to other platforms complaining about every things in wp. No. This is post about switching to Nexus 5 because I have to.

I am author of a lot of applications for wp like Pocket File Manage, SysApp pusher. I really love wp because it has commons from ios and from android. Butter like UI from ios and more opened like android. Still balancing between the options and closeness. And now what I fill after switching to Nexus 5? One biggest problem is battery live! Can tell the story about Nexus. See the socket??? Charge it! :)
on 1520 I can last longer than two days without charging. Not possible on android.

But now the biggest problem of WP. Applications! You a n say that the gap is closed enough, but believe me it is not enough! My bank still has no app for WP, Facebook has more updates that wp even has. And now I am in strange situation! I do love wp, but I fill myself good with android, the os I hate most! This is not right. Microsoft must do something to be better that android! As the iOs is not the competitor for wp.

What will be my net phone? I think it will be MS phone if they ever release it! I really hate the way Nokia goes, cheaper phones is not the way to reach the market! You must release better high end phones and sell it, than trying to gain attention on cheap level (520-530 lumia) range.

aiden bunce

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
I would definitely stay with the nexus until ms gets their sh** together. they are also being a big letdown by their lack of support and communication about updates

schetz

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
In terms of battery life you are comparing something that cannot be compared.
Lumia 1520 has 3400 mAh battery while Nexus has 2300 mAh battery. If you bought a phone like let's say LG G2 then it would be more fair (since it has 3000 mAh battery) .

Now,don't get me wrong, I currently own L925 and I like the phone and OS but..
On Android you can do a lot regarding your battery. With proper SW you can configure it so you have almost no battery drain at all in idle/standby. Mine S3 used to lose 1% in 8 hours overnight (and yes, it was properly calibrated). I was just fed up with Samsung Touchjizz and lack of proper drivers to run AOSP in expected manner.

Since you are a developer of app I bought I'm kinda sorry to see you elsewhere but hey, wish you luck and honestly I wouldn't look back till many of the things are solved on WP .

Ray Adams

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
Let me update this post after the time I spent woth android on Nexus 5.

yes. Apps matter! And really matter! But OS :( I always hate android and Nexus 5 did not change my opinion on it. With lollipop installed now on my Nexus 5 I dannot live with it anymore :)
this is just awful how Google do not cares about its own OS :) Lags, bugs everywhere. There were always lags and bug on android and Android 5 changed nothing. :)

​I will wait for new phones in high end seg,ent from Microsoft and may be I will return to WP

Hildr

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
A high end Microsoft phone will not change anything to the app gap. So you will face the same issue.

For my own, I don't need anything more than my 50s apps I have since I use a smartphone.
And I don't need to be excited about the new battery saver or all the settings I have to check to not have a battery drain on iddle as if I was on Android, since it's native on WP (-0.3% on idle, with no worries about gps, bt, wi-fi activation, that just works :D).

But I understand some need to have always new app or specifics one (I use web mobile for my bank, mobile operator). But I'm not sure you'll come back one day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon