1520.3 airplane mode stuck

weisman87

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
hi weisman.i downgrade to 8 and install 8.1 developer and gdr1 its work fine !
airplane mode is off and i can call send message .....
i update my phone to cyan and then update tu gdr1 this error is still and airplane mod in on !
then i downgrade to 8 and instal gdr1 directly my problem is solve !
sry for bad langage

This seems to be directly related to the Cyan firmware, which is why it works on Black when you downgrade.

Haibel

Sep 8, 2014
Visit site
OK Nokia's Twitter teams Seems a little better then tech support. They gave me this and it worked.

Go here and download each one. t.co/ikxjzaCrza (Put http.. ect in front) I can't post links yet
The Instructions are for WP8, I just downloaded a QR Scanner app. I found that I didn't have the access point app.

not that I need it because I'm on a Single Sim RM-940. After I checked, Updated, or installed each off these apps.

Restarted the phone and the Airplane mode problem was fixed. It's worth a try if you have this problem.

weisman87

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
OK Nokia's Twitter teams Seems a little better then tech support. They gave me this and it worked.

Go here and download each one. t.co/ikxjzaCrza (Put http.. ect in front) I can't post links yet
The Instructions are for WP8, I just downloaded a QR Scanner app. I found that I didn't have the access point app.

not that I need it because I'm on a Single Sim RM-940. After I checked, Updated, or installed each off these apps.

Restarted the phone and the Airplane mode problem was fixed. It's worth a try if you have this problem.

This didn't work for me, I'm not sure why it would anyway.

weisman87

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I already have that app so not sure if it is a fix. I take it that Nokia are still being quiet on there end regarding the problem....

I've been told for about 2 months now that we are "waiting on Engineering" to look at it. Nokia tech support told me Engineering has the case and is looking into it. My faith in a quick fix for this is completely gone now, though. I have a case opened with tech support and they opened a subsequent case with the Complaints department but no one has given me a solution. I'm currently fighting with them about a replacement, which they say they can't do. Beyond frustrated with this.

1st_Raven

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
I know the feeling, I put up with the black firmware until my phone upgraded to cyan last week. I've only been without the phone network for a short while and its highly annoying.

It seems to be so few phones effected that the issue is not urgent for them to fix it.

weisman87

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I know the feeling, I put up with the black firmware until my phone upgraded to cyan last week. I've only been without the phone network for a short while and its highly annoying.

It seems to be so few phones effected that the issue is not urgent for them to fix it.

It is not urgent at all based on my conversations with them. I've told them plenty of times that it's a rare problem that shouldn't be treated just like any other one and needs specific attention. I asked the Tech Support guy (who tells me we're "waiting on Engineering") if I could be contacted by Engineering to work with them, and he said "no, I can't even talk to them directly." This whole thing is complete bull****. I've just about given up on getting my 1520 working again until another firmware update or something.

weisman87

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Well my phone is heading back to the Nokia Repair centre today so we'll see what I get back once they have repaired it.

Let us know how it goes. I clean flashed mine with Cyan and it still fails. Doesn't matter, though, Nokia won't do anything for an RM-938 in the US.

1st_Raven

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Well, Nokia are meant to be sending the phone back to me so no idea if it works but their repair log shows the following :

10/09/2014 16:58:51 Job Precooked
10/09/2014 16:58:51 Pre-Booked online
10/09/2014 16:58:51 Note
After upgrading to the cyan firmware, my phone is stuck in airplane mode. I have tried resetting it but this does not help.
10/09/2014 17:17:13 Pre-Booked into GRS
12/09/2014 20:53:10 Booked In
12/09/2014 20:53:10 Booked In Requires Repair Only
16/09/2014 03:10:04 Allocated
16/09/2014 06:55:26 On Workbench
16/09/2014 07:10:45 BER'd
BER Non-Tech
16/09/2014 07:10:46 Note
liquid damage- next to the memory card connector both printers dont work missing screws
16/09/2014 07:51:26 QA BER
16/09/2014 10:25:23 Dispatched

I'll be interested in what I get back as the phone has never got wet and the only people who have taken it apart would have been Nokia tech support.

weisman87

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Well, Nokia are meant to be sending the phone back to me so no idea if it works but their repair log shows the following :

10/09/2014 16:58:51 Job Precooked
10/09/2014 16:58:51 Pre-Booked online
10/09/2014 16:58:51 Note
After upgrading to the cyan firmware, my phone is stuck in airplane mode. I have tried resetting it but this does not help.
10/09/2014 17:17:13 Pre-Booked into GRS
12/09/2014 20:53:10 Booked In
12/09/2014 20:53:10 Booked In Requires Repair Only
16/09/2014 03:10:04 Allocated
16/09/2014 06:55:26 On Workbench
16/09/2014 07:10:45 BER'd
BER Non-Tech
16/09/2014 07:10:46 Note
liquid damage- next to the memory card connector both printers dont work missing screws
16/09/2014 07:51:26 QA BER
16/09/2014 10:25:23 Dispatched

I'll be interested in what I get back as the phone has never got wet and the only people who have taken it apart would have been Nokia tech support.

Interesting...the water damage thing doesn't sound very promising, though. I finally got back in touch with them and their final troubleshooting steps were to flash the phone (which I've done) and pull the SIM and try to disable airplane mode and put it back in. Needless to say, I've done both of these and neither worked, so now I have to fight with them about an RM-938 replacement in the US, something they say they can't do. Keep us updated.

1st_Raven

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
as expected, my phone has been returned in a non working state and Nokia are not much help when I called them either. Basically they are saying that there is damage to the pcb in the corner near the microsd card and that was caused by liquid.

Since my phone has been getting very warm there, I am wondering if there is a fault on the pcb which has caused this sim issue to show up. not sure of my next step, as I dont fancy spending a further ?500 on a new phone less than a year after getting this one.

weisman87

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
as expected, my phone has been returned in a non working state and Nokia are not much help when I called them either. Basically they are saying that there is damage to the pcb in the corner near the microsd card and that was caused by liquid.

Since my phone has been getting very warm there, I am wondering if there is a fault on the pcb which has caused this sim issue to show up. not sure of my next step, as I dont fancy spending a further ?500 on a new phone less than a year after getting this one.

Sorry to hear that. It seems like Nokia is trying it's best not to support the 1520.3 in the US. I understand that it's not a US phone, but when their own warranty site says it is covered, I feel they have some kind of obligation to provide better support. I would keep arguing with them and insist that the water damage thing is BS. I have no idea where they'd get the idea that there's water damage when water has never touched your phone. Keep at it and be insisting but polite. Keep providing updates if you don't mind.

1st_Raven

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Sorry to hear that. It seems like Nokia is trying it's best not to support the 1520.3 in the US. I understand that it's not a US phone, but when their own warranty site says it is covered, I feel they have some kind of obligation to provide better support. I would keep arguing with them and insist that the water damage thing is BS. I have no idea where they'd get the idea that there's water damage when water has never touched your phone. Keep at it and be insisting but polite. Keep providing updates if you don't mind.

I'm based in the UK so its not just the US. I've spoken to Nokia again but my device has now been logged with water damage and the warranty is classed as void so its a little difficult to get anywhere with them. Luckily I still have the 8.0 firmware on my laptop so I have just flashed the device back to that and it is working again. Still think it is a firmware issue but tempted to just wait until the 1530 comes out now.

weisman87

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I'm based in the UK so its not just the US. I've spoken to Nokia again but my device has now been logged with water damage and the warranty is classed as void so its a little difficult to get anywhere with them. Luckily I still have the 8.0 firmware on my laptop so I have just flashed the device back to that and it is working again. Still think it is a firmware issue but tempted to just wait until the 1530 comes out now.

This is no doubt a firmware problem, it only happens with Cyan. My desperate hope is that Denim comes out and this problem goes away...but that will be a while. Nokia has thrown in the towel on my case, since the clean flash and removing/re-adding the SIM didn't fix it, they closed my case. Now I'm stuck fighting them about getting a replacement RM-938, which seems to be impossible.

weisman87

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I got off the phone with Nokia Support a few minutes ago. They will not do anything for getting a replacement RM-938, so any purchasers outside of the region that phone is intended for are completely out of luck. They will only replace it with an AT&T RM-940. I have two options: wait for Denim and hope it fixes something, or try to contact Nokia Latin America and attempt a warranty exchange with them. Neither are ideal but I'm at the end of the line for Nokia US support, I think.

jcsuarezm

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
I solved this problem in my Nokia Lumia 1520

1. Do not remove the sim card and Connect the phone to charge wall
2. Turn off the phone, not unplug the charger. The phone take a moments for turn off
3. The phone start automatically without the problem

Sorry for my english, this is not my maternal language.

Please comment this solutions work for you

Mohammad Parsa

Oct 16, 2014
Visit site
I solved this problem in my Nokia Lumia 1520

1. Do not remove the sim card and Connect the phone to charge wall
2. Turn off the phone, not unplug the charger. The phone take a moments for turn off
3. The phone start automatically without the problem

Sorry for my english, this is not my maternal language.

Please comment this solutions work for you

I've tried but it didn't work for me

i downgrade to 8 and install 8.1 developer and its work fine !

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss