Hello guys. I purchased a 1520 last night to replace my 1020. I updated to Cyan last night. Throughout this morning, I've had several instances where the screen randomly taps and scrolls. I've also had random camera launches. Bugs? Or hardware issues? Should I replace the phone?
    07-30-2014 11:00 AM
    Hi, lumia 1520 owner here, let's see if I can help you.
    I'm having the random camera launches too, but I'm not on Cyan.....BTW I realised that half of those "random" launches were caused by my incorect handling of the phone, the camera bottom is, rather sensible and just in the right spot where you accidentally press it with your palm with out noticing.

I dont really get what you mean by "the screen randomly taps and scroll", never happened to me.....if you mean things are being touched when you are not holding the phone thats probably a broken digitalizer ( happened to me on my last phone, and that was the cause), but if you are talking about scrolls being detected as taps/touchs its a reported known issue of this model.

I'm sorry that that's all I can do for you, hope you get the answer you need.
    Beste Regards.
    Lucas
    07-30-2014 02:15 PM
    I mean the phone acting as though a ghost is using it lol

And I literally mean I received a text, phone unlocked itself, opened a random tile, and swiped left to right, looking stuck
    Last edited by Alex Rodriguez Jr.; 07-30-2014 at 04:19 PM.
    07-30-2014 03:54 PM
    Oh I remebered something, there is a known bug about screen sensitivity, try nerfing it down to "normal" instead of "high" on settings and reboot, give it a try maybe it works
    07-30-2014 04:23 PM
    Unfortunately, I put it on "normal" the moment I got it :/
    07-30-2014 04:42 PM
    I got same problems.tried a billion ways ,no luck...problems still there.camera launch is new symptom shown after 8.1 .touching issue is....-sigh-
    07-30-2014 06:06 PM
    Well, I'll be exchanging mine then. I have a habit of getting lemon phones... I haven't seen any other reports of the issue I'm experiencing
    07-30-2014 06:14 PM
    Well, I'll be exchanging mine then. I have a habit of getting lemon phones... I haven't seen any other reports of the issue I'm experiencing
    Before exchanging, take a backup & perform a hard reset (Settings >> About >> reset my phone). After restoring from backup, try it, then... unless your return period is expiring.
    07-30-2014 06:22 PM
    Tried that already
    07-30-2014 06:35 PM
    Tried that already
    So I too had this, my device since purchase always had the sensitivity issue where it would detect a scroll as a tap. America ATT model.

But I never had the random touch issue of it doing things on its own, ghost touches our button issues.

I was on dev preview, had my phone backed up, downgraded to 8 using the recovery tool, did not restore from backup, upgraded to Cyan, then hard reset the phone to restore my backup.

When I did this I started getting the ghost tapping, example, I have pin code lock screen, when I would wake the phone and attempt to put in my password it would always tap numbers multiple times. Also sometimes it would just start tapping numbers on its own.

The fix for the ghost and unintended multiple presses was to hit power button to sleep and the wake the device again with the power button. This would 90% fix the issue right away for me. But would come back shortly after. Also had camera launches without hitting the button.

Also another thing that seemed to fix beside asleep and wake, was hitting one of the capacitive buttons while on the lock screen right after it was woken up.

Turned out that under touch settings, turning off double tap to wake fixed my issue, I still very rarely get a scroll as a tap or keyboard doubles, but its very infrequent, before changing that setting it was happening all the time.

I think it has something to do with the restore of settings. I read somewhere that said the fix was to hard reset but do not restore from a backup, this sucks and I will not try it as I have too much stuff... But I will live without double tap to wake, its a shame cause on 8 and 8.1 DP I had no issues with this feature, while I did have sensitivity issues I did not have the ghost pressing.

Maybe try and turn that of or hard reset without a restore.
    07-31-2014 06:21 AM