Did anyone rollback to 8.0 then get the cyan update then went back to dev preview?

canonuevo

Aug 22, 2013
Visit site
Did anyone rollback to 8.0 then get the cyan update then went back to dev preview?

I'm thinking about doing that just to get the GDR1 update next week. Is it safe to do so?

David P2

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
The issue is with dev preview and Cyan - if you've got Cyan by rolling back, then the dev preview/Cyan thing is irrelevant. The problem was after the install. Since you've bypassed the issue you can go ahead and put dev preview back on, ready for GDR1's dev preview.

Yipcanjo

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
Thanks. I was wondering the same.

BTW, I am *loving* the Cyan update on my 1520.3 so far! It really is a bit faster, the camera is wayyy snappier (yay!), and it feels like the WP8.1 release is finally at parity with the hardware. Can't wait to see what Update 1 brings :)

Talderon

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I did the rollback and update this morning. I have an RM-940 (AT&T 32GB Model) and thought I was going to have issues as the app kept saying it was an unsupported phone. Dummy me, was using the wrong program. :(

Anyway, if anyone else has the 32GB model from AT&T, you will have no issues getting Cyan and WP 8.1.

TheMadManNo1

Dec 22, 2013
Visit site
Errr, how do you roll back? I've read about it, and understand it's all about getting an update to Cyan, but how do you actually roll back?

slyronit

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
I rolled back my wife's 1320 to 8.0 and updated to Cyan. There were a couple of updates. Then I installed dev preview again and got another update. Now the phone is on cyan with dev preview.

Anand PH

May 20, 2014
Visit site
I rolled back to 8 to get Cyan on the 1320 in India and then did DP again as for some reason Cyan only gave me the 8.1 12393 version. Now with DP I got the 12397 again!

TheMadManNo1

Dec 22, 2013
Visit site
I thank slyronit for his very informative post. As a result of his informative post I have found this (think it works for the 1520):

Nokia has released a tool for recovery you can download here: http://download.fds-ncom.nokia.com/...covery/NokiaSoftwareRecoveryToolInstaller.exe

After downloading the file:

Install the program.
Run the program.
Plug in your phone.
Let the PC and program recognize your phone.
The last official update for your phone should be available, which is WP8.
Recover the system to the version shown by the tool.

TheMadManNo1

Dec 22, 2013
Visit site
My next question is: anybody here on Vodafone UK? If so, is the Cyan update available yet? I don't want to roll back for nothing.

Before anybody jumps in and says use the search function - I have!! I used google search and couldn't find anything. Thought it would be quicker to ask a bunch of friendly people here.

slyronit

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
My next question is: anybody here on Vodafone UK? If so, is the Cyan update available yet? I don't want to roll back for nothing.

Before anybody jumps in and says use the search function - I have!! I used google search and couldn't find anything. Thought it would be quicker to ask a bunch of friendly people here.

Keep refreshing this page

http://www.nokia.com/global/support/software-update/wp8-software-update/availability-in-europe/

Or install this app and keep refreshing that

http://www.windowsphone.com/s?appid=cee9ba3b-e3df-44c7-a2ec-787e989cebee

fwaits

Mar 9, 2008
Visit site
Yes the Cyan (firmware update) is not directly tied to the OS updates except that some newer features MAY require a certain firmware update (BLACK, CYAN, whatever) for a specific feature to work. Otherwise they can coexist in any combination and function separately.

slyronit

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Can I update to WP 8.1 update 1 and then to Cyan on L720(India CV)?

Technically yes, but as of now, no, as CYAN is blocked for everyone on DP 8.1 or above.

You will be able to, once MS fixes the Bitlocker issue, but I would roll back to 8.0 as soon as the update is out for the 920 and then update to CYAN.

mattdistro

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site
I reverted to 8.0 installed Cyan then re-enabled the Dev Preview. No new updates after that though, since Cyan is for the 1520.3 (RM-938) is already build 12397.

NoRomBasic

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Yes,

But as many have pointed out, right now there are no newer builds available so I'm on the "production" version of Cyan/WP 8.1

MaryJo Foley put up a post today that the first DP of WP8.1 Update 1 will likely be pushed out next week.

drtek

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Yes,

But as many have pointed out, right now there are no newer builds available so I'm on the "production" version of Cyan/WP 8.1

MaryJo Foley put up a post today that the first DP of WP8.1 Update 1 will likely be pushed out next week.

How is that going to work for those NOT on Cyan, but still on DP? Would you have to update to Cyan first?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
infohills