Turn Around Time on Sending 1520 To Nokia for Warranty Repair? (Touch Screen)

MoggSquad

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
I decided to send in my 1520 for warranty repair. I've had touch screen issues off and on, and have come to the conclusion it's hardware related on my device. Main issues are Cortana or App Manager (ie holding the back arrow) launching by themselves and sticking. A few times I noticed this was started by having a tighter grip at the bottom of the phone.

Anyone send in their phones to Nokia for repair? What was the turn around time? The site says 7-10 business days, but wonder how accurate it is. I shipped it this morning with the UPS 2 day label the sent me. I'm hoping to get it back by August 16th before I go on a business trip.

I have a 520 as my back up phone which is surprisingly capable, but would hate to rely on that screen for my GPS.

MoggSquad

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
I sent it Friday, August 1st and will receive today, the 11th. Approx. 5 business day turn around. Here's what they said they did in the e-mail summary:

Here’s what we did to fix it :
-Passed Software Update
-Passed Complete Functional test
-Passed Complete RF Test
-Passed Quality Inspection

​Hoping for the best!

kurtd

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone tried to claim warranty on the 1520.3 which was sold at various online stores including Newegg? I'm wondering because I once tried to get a Canadian Rogers 920 repaired but since I wasn't in Canada, they wouldn't honor the warranty.

NICK TOALE

Jul 17, 2014
Visit site
If you're close to a Nokia Care centre and their not to busy they can usually fix it in a couple of hours. I had my screen replaced after cracking it and it was done in around 40 mins, a friend had a screen replaced on his Nokia in 1 hour under warranty

slysy

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
I sent it Friday, August 1st and will receive today, the 11th. Approx. 5 business day turn around. Here's what they said they did in the e-mail summary:

Here’s what we did to fix it :
-Passed Software Update
-Passed Complete Functional test
-Passed Complete RF Test
-Passed Quality Inspection

​Hoping for the best!

It sounds like they just did a software update to me. I doubt it will fix it long term. Would definitely keep an eye on it over the coming weeks.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos