Thinking of selling my 1520 after 1 week or less from purchase.

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Wait for 8.1 and don't be fooled by the lack of apps issue. They want to persuade you to leave WP, it's an excuse so people don't buy it but have you noticed that you haven't even named the apps that are missing? See they already caught you in their trap.The bloggers seem to hate it. Don't switch, wait for 8.1 and check out the apps and games reviews and the best of sections of the site, there are a lot of really great apps but the 'bloggers'(haters) don't want to talk about them.

App Issue:
It is a real issue if you can not find an app you need.

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
App Issue:
It is a real issue if you can not find an app you need.

Exactly. The OP only said how the platform has fewer apps than the others but he never says what apps are missing. That's why I'm saying he is being tempted into the other platforms even though he doesn't need to move.

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
I recently got my Lumia 1520 black. My first windows phone device. Thought id give it a try and well im disappointed. The OS is good but umm boring. I dont get the idea of live tiles.. think they're useless.
I know the phone is incredibly fast but the lack of good quality apps and the huge 6 inch screen arent helping much.

My phone is currently on 8.0 - still no cyan/8.1 yet. I dont know why microsoft is so slow with the updates spc when they control the hardware and software together now just like Apple.

So what do you guys think? Should i wait for 8.1? Or just sell the phone and get some cash or well a high-end android phone?

I hate that quality of apps isnt great compared to the appstore (apple). Did i mention i tried really hard to replace my iPhone 5S and use the 1520 as my daily driver and just couldnt? :(

Oh and the camera isnt good in low light with no flash. I feel like my 5s camera can do a better job in most cases. And the front camera. Why on earth are my pics rotated horizontally?

I wish i can resize the keyboard a bit :( its just too damn big.

What I like: the design of the OS and the ease of use.
The flash is excellent. The BATTERY.

I really really really want to like the 1520. What should I do?
What country did you buy the phone from? And if you want 8.1 badly, there is something called the developers preview, it's completely free and there's even a few tutorials online and one in this site.

jomarr

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
Wait for 8.1 and decide.

What apps do you need? Maybe we can help. Some are third party apps (which are most of the time much better than official ones)

lebgeek

Jul 17, 2014
Visit site
Wait for 8.1 and don't be fooled by the lack of apps issue. They want to persuade you to leave WP, it's an excuse so people don't buy it but have you noticed that you haven't even named the apps that are missing? See they already caught you in their trap.The bloggers seem to hate it. Don't switch, wait for 8.1 and check out the apps and games reviews and the best of sections of the site, there are a lot of really great apps but the 'bloggers'(haters) don't want to talk about them.

I'm on 8.1 DP preview now. downloading update 1! 8.1 is just a small update to me. Action Center is a welcome edition but seems developers are not supporting it YET! (whatsapp for ex..)
It's a new OS but the quality of apps are killing it. like really guys, check the Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Tumblr, Vine and BBM.. apps for example, they are slower than the android/iOS version.. and the lack of features. Facebook messenger is really slow compared to iOS. Almost all twitter apps on windows phone are average compared to the OFFICIAL TWITTER IOS CLIENT. Not to mention Skype .. why the windows phone version sucks so much?
I use a lot of apps on my iPhone 5S most apps arent yet available on WP ( Jango Radio, Flipboard, Vscocam, Tango, Frontback, Pushbullet, Breeze, myMail, CloudMagic or any email client.........)

lebgeek

Jul 17, 2014
Visit site
What country did you buy the phone from? And if you want 8.1 badly, there is something called the developers preview, it's completely free and there's even a few tutorials online and one in this site.

Lebanon, (no warranty) but my 1520 apparently has the Gulf/Yemen firmware.
I installed 8.1 dp and downloading update 1 at the moment :)

lebgeek

Jul 17, 2014
Visit site
I think the biggest thing is the apps, On the 1520 using the twitter app, it doesn't utilize the whole screen.

The text message and email apps do not utilize the screen. I can see like 1 less email and 1 less text on my 920.

If they can fix it and make it so that just isn't a blow up windows phone, but it is blown up and uses the screen effectively. I would get it in a heart beat.

I 100% agree with you on the apps.

Sent from my Surface Pro 3 using Tapatalk

Thank you! my problem exactly

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans