While I just got my new 1520 I am looking for a while already to find a good and protective case. The Case should be protruding so the display won't get in contact with the surface. A kickstand, holster, or built-in screen protector is not neccessary. But the case should not be too thick so Qi charging still works and also have integrated covers for microUSB and headphone jack. That seems to be the toughest point. For my old NExus 4 I had to search long time to find a suitable case. But with the 1520 no luck. Any recommendations?
    08-01-2014 06:02 PM
    well, the case i will link to doesn't have port protection, but i have tried a few rugged cases on my 1520, and the one i have settled on is one i ordered from the states (i am in the uk) here

this thing is essentially a otterbox clone and is thick and rubberized with the silicon overlay onto the two-piece snap fit hard frame inside, it protrudes so that the screen is several millimeters below the surface when lying down, it does have a fairly discreet kickstand built in, but i dont use it, and surprisingly the Qi charging still works fine on my dt900

its a big thing overall now ;)

hope that helps
    MicrosoftCoreFan likes this.
    08-01-2014 07:19 PM
    I got mine from ebay for under 5 and it has a kickstand build in. Its a leather look with a magnet lock to stop the case opening. So nice. It comes with a screen cover too. In fact.. The price is so much lower

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/350919476703?nav=SEARCH
    08-01-2014 07:53 PM
    And it has no problem with QI charging
    08-01-2014 07:55 PM
    qtweeder: what makes the case you suggested superior compared to the others you have tested?
    switch side method: the case you mention isn't a rugged one.
    08-03-2014 05:13 AM
    well basically its the one that is most rugged and protective of the corners, most like an otterbox!

compared with the jkase diablo, its much more substantial and i like the added depth it gives to the screen surface on all sides

but i was after buying an official otterbox, and didn't realize they didn't make them for 1520, so that's why i personally was most happy with the one i linked to as you can understand
    08-03-2014 12:42 PM
    Even if there is an Otterbox case available for the 1520 I wouldn't get it. I owned two defender series cases for my previous phones with very disappointing results. The inner plastic shell case easily catches dust and dirt passing through the cut outs which leads to micro scratches on front and back of the phone. The thick plastic screen shield affects sensitivity and makes it impossible to use your own screen protector. The outer silicone shell almost always comes off (partly) when you put the phone in your pocket or pull it out. Plus the worst customer service I have ever seen. The promised replacement never arrived and customer service not even reply to further messages.
    I ordered a case off ebay now (190978616556). Thats almost exactly the same case I am using for more than a year on my Nexus 4. Too bad on the version for the 1520 they removed the port covers for USB and headphone.
    08-03-2014 06:38 PM
    Yeah, I need one of those Otterbox clones for my 1520 also. Kinda disappointed Otterbox didn't have a 1520 Defender available... then again, I'm glad because they would have charged $69.99 for it.. and I would have paid it! lol
    I'm sure this "clone" offers the same physical protection. I say "physical" because of Otterbox's "guarantee" they have as part of their phone protection plan.
    08-03-2014 06:41 PM
    Even if there is an Otterbox case available for the 1520 I wouldn't get it. I owned two defender series cases for my previous phones with very disappointing results. The inner plastic shell case easily catches dust and dirt passing through the cut outs which leads to micro scratches on front and back of the phone. The thick plastic screen shield affects sensitivity and makes it impossible to use your own screen protector. The outer silicone shell almost always comes off (partly) when you put the phone in your pocket or pull it out. Plus the worst customer service I have ever seen. The promised replacement never arrived and customer service not even reply to further messages.
    I ordered a case off ebay now (190978616556). Thats almost exactly the same case I am using for more than a year on my Nexus 4. Too bad on the version for the 1520 they removed the port covers for USB and headphone.
    I never had any issues with their customer service. Had two different parts at two different times shipped to me free of charge as replacements (Just had to give them the numbers off of my case)

But I do agree with you however about the quality of their products. Just overpriced BS! lol like I said, the $4.99 cases on eBay are just as good...
    08-03-2014 06:47 PM
    Does this case have a clear plastic screen protector included in the top piece of the hard plastic shell like the Otterbox Defender series?? Or is it just like the Otterbox except without the plastic screen cover?? It doesn't say in the description, but I have a case that is just like this--literally, THE SAME CASE--made by a company called "Asmyna" and it is without the plastic screen guard that Otterbox has and it would be nice to find a case WITH that. Hope to hear from you about this. Thanks!!
    08-09-2014 07:58 PM
    Finding a case is the last thing on my list with this phone.
    08-10-2014 03:30 PM
    The case I mentioned above already arrived. And I am more than happy with it.
    The model name is "NK1520PCAB201S". It is basically a hybrid case plus a holster. But it features some benefits compared with the popular JKase Diablo.
    The fit is simply perfect; both, the inner silicone layer and the outer plastic case fit snug and tight. So no worries the case comes off accicentally like i experienced with Otterbox defender. The build quality is excellent, no defects or marks on the silicone or plastic. Also, unlike the JKase Diablo, this case does NOT have those remarkable bumps and the soft finish touch on the back. That might feel exciting to touch and hold but it's a pain if you wanna slide it in and out of your pocket. Besides that the soft touch coating usually come off easily and looks disgusting.
    The screen within the case is recessed about 2 mm. Just enough to not limit gestures but provide a good protection. Also the power button is a recessed which i like very much. The other buttons are a little protruding and still have good tactile feedback with the case one. Even two two stage camera shutter button works like a charm. The cut outs for connectors and camera are large enough and precise in placement. The bulk it adds is not as much as i expected: just about 3 mm on each side. And more important it adds a lot of grippyness! Sound quality improved as well as the phone is lifted away from the surface.
    The only downside is that the holster just accepts the phone with screen facing towards the holster. That is good for protection purposes but why does the holsters beltclip also can function as a stand?! Anyways my idea was to use the holster for building a car mount with a goose neck. Let's see what I can do... maybe the heatgun will help the holster to accept the phone.
    08-15-2014 08:26 AM
    Some pics.
    img_20140821_220937.jpgimg_20140821_220950.jpgimg_20140821_221051.jpg
    img_20140821_221025.jpgimg_20140821_221116.jpgimg_20140821_221004.jpgimg_20140821_221135.jpgimg_20140821_221200.jpg
    L Beezy likes this.
    08-25-2014 08:47 AM
    Seb_r, I believe you just brought me to my next case for my L1520. I just recently bought a case on Amazon for my L1520:

Amazon.com: Exact TPU + PC Armor Stand Case for Nokia Lumia 1520 Black: Cell Phones & Accessories

It is a pretty decent case, but the inner case is harder than silicone, which makes me question its impact qualities. Thanks for the pictures and the great recommendation on this one!. I've already ordered it and waiting on its arrival.
    09-11-2014 12:41 AM
    09-11-2014 04:48 PM
    I got mine in a couple days ago... Similar to the above^^^
    09-11-2014 04:51 PM
    ^^^That's the exact case I have. The buttons are tougher to push, but it's a good case overall. Like my previous post said, the inner part of the case is harder than silicone, and that makes me question the the impact qualities.
    09-11-2014 05:12 PM
    This Is a great well fitted case closest to otterbox.
    cellcasesusa.com/nokia-lumia-1520-heavy-duty-stand-hard-soft-cover-case/
    can't post a link yet
    03-02-2015 03:28 PM