If you backup restore your data from DP8.1 do you retain all of your whatsapp conversations data and groups? I want cyan but need whatsapp to remain as is..
    Sent from my RM-937_apac_hong_kong_222 using Tapatalk
    08-02-2014 02:54 PM
    If you backup restore your data from DP8.1 do you retain all of your whatsapp conversations data and groups? I want cyan but need whatsapp to remain as is..
    Sent from my RM-937_apac_hong_kong_222 using Tapatalk
    whatsapp will save threads automatically.
    when you reinstall and reactivate it will find
    conversations you have had and ask
    if you'd like to restore them.
    08-02-2014 03:32 PM
    Okay great. So if I roll back to 8.0 to get cyan update, whatsapp will retain all data..
    08-04-2014 01:05 PM
    Okay great. So if I roll back to 8.0 to get cyan update, whatsapp will retain all data..
    as long as you reinstall whatsapp on the same device and phone number
    08-08-2014 05:10 PM
    Just get cyan with restoring phone to 8.0 no conversation saving for me
    08-08-2014 05:12 PM
    I think it won't. Because in my understanding (I haven't done it) rolling back to 8.0 is similar to hard reset meaning it wipes out everything from phone. So after you get Cyan and get back your 8.1 again your WhatsApp will be empty. Your conversations won't be restored, it will show your group chats but also empty

Please somebody fix me here if I'm wrong
    08-08-2014 05:28 PM
    I think it won't. Because in my understanding (I haven't done it) rolling back to 8.0 is similar to hard reset meaning it wipes out everything from phone. So after you get Cyan and get back your 8.1 again your WhatsApp will be empty. Your conversations won't be restored, it will show your group chats but also empty

WhatsApp backups your conversations in its own server, so if you change or reset your phone and you keep your number everything will save. WhatsApp> settings> chat settings> backup
    08-08-2014 05:47 PM

It saves stuff to the SD card. So long as you don't run it before putting the card back in (if you took it out for the downgrade), it will pick up there's something to restore and go ahead and do it.
    08-08-2014 05:54 PM
    I'm using Lumia 620 which is still running on amber. I want to upgrade the windows. Does upgrading windows clear your WhatsApp chats? Is there is a way to back up WhatsApp data to an sd so that I retain my chats after the upgradation? Because I really want chat history. Please kindly leave an answer.
    08-23-2014 06:52 AM