Ok so I love pureview cameras, I've taken some really nice pictures with them. But with both my 920 and 1520, I've had to use the warranty because the camera was faulty. The OIS went on my 1520 and it was apparent in the product support tool that it failed that check. I got it back months ago working again but now I have a new issue where everything is fuzzy until I take a picture in very bright conditions where it is hard to see, but the pictures and videos aren't sharp like they used to be. The product support tool isn't picking up on it either.

You must watch the video in HD to really see it. But I've restored the software to WP8 after going to 8.1, even after Cyan, it still behaves like this on any software or firmware update I have installed. I'm on WP8 and Lumia Black because I couldn't run the product support tool with 8.1 and Cyan.

But the thing is, the camera quality was much better, this can't possibly be caused by a scratched glass lens or something, could it?
    08-03-2014 12:14 PM
    Ok so I love pureview cameras, I've taken some really nice pictures with them. But with both my 920 and 1520, I've had to use the warranty because the camera was faulty. The OIS went on my 1520 and it was apparent in the product support tool that it failed that check. I got it back months ago working again but now I have a new issue where everything is fuzzy until I take a picture in very bright conditions where it is hard to see, but the pictures and videos aren't sharp like they used to be. The product support tool isn't picking up on it either.

You must watch the video in HD to really see it. But I've restored the software to WP8 after going to 8.1, even after Cyan, it still behaves like this on any software or firmware update I have installed. I'm on WP8 and Lumia Black because I couldn't run the product support tool with 8.1 and Cyan.

But the thing is, the camera quality was much better, this can't possibly be caused by a scratched glass lens or something, could it?
    Looks like the continuous focus to me, which is a new feature for the 1520 in Cyan. The phone will keep focusing until it thinks it's in focus - obviously the phone will have trouble focusing in low light on video, so that's why it's constantly focusing/'bobbing' I guess
    08-04-2014 02:19 AM