1520 WP 8.1 update 1 no cyan what do I miss?

khunhorm

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
I update my 1520 from 8.1 dev preview to 8.1 update 1 dev preview in a hope that it would somehow magically allow me to also update to cyan firmware but it wasn't.

One thing I immediately found after the update was that the live lock screen beta problem many encountered is now also present on my 1520. Before the update, my live lock screen was seamless but after the update, it will go to a dark screen for a split second before go to live lock screen after I wake my 1520. Something that never happened before.

Now that I can live with but I just wonder without cyan what feature actually missing from my phone? Should I just give it all up and flash my 1520 back to 8.0 and update it all the way to 8.1 update 1 again? Is it worth it?

Is there observable improvement in term of photo quality taken by 1520? Better noise reduction in low light? Better auto white balance? Is there anyone in the same situation?

hasanajouz

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Hello,
to solve the black screen caused by lock screen app. go and activate kids corner. a message will show and it will solve the problem.
then deactivate it.
and for the cyan update. I think Microsoft will push it to GDR1 soon.

Regards.

khunhorm

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
Hello,
to solve the black screen caused by lock screen app. go and activate kids corner. a message will show and it will solve the problem.
then deactivate it.
and for the cyan update. I think Microsoft will push it to GDR1 soon.

Regards.

Thank you for the kids corner tip. It really help.

slyronit

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
You are missing Bluetooth LE 4.0, which is required to pair with Bluetooth 4.0 devices like smartwatches, fitness bands and Nokia treasure tag.

You are also missing enhancements to imaging that Nokia has detailed on its Cyan page

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa