Problem with 1520 and Miracast via PTV-3000

Spam Junkie

Aug 6, 2014
Visit site
Hey there,

Sorry if this has been covered elsewhere... I've just received the Cyan update for my 1520. After some mucking about with the update I tried to use the one feature I've been hanging out for in the Cyan update which is Miracast support and am failing miserably at the moment.

I'm using a Netgear PTV-3000 which supports Miracast and Intel Wi-Di. I can reliably connect to the device using my Partner's HTC One m7 via Miracast. No problems whatsoever. When I try to connect from my Lumia 1520 running Cyan the "Project my screen" settings option immediately displays my device "Push2TV xxxxxx-PTV3000". Great. When I select it I get a connecting message on the screen, then it apparently connects but everything is black including my phones screen. Nothing responds and I have to soft reset my phone to get anything to work. I've tried restarting the PTV when the phone is in this state thinking that this might cause my phone to disconnect and start to display/respond again but this doesn't help.

I've updated the PTV-3000 to the latest firmware hoping that this might help but unfortunately see exactly the same behaviour with the new firmware.

This Netgear device is pretty common and I'd be surprised if MS/Nokia hadn't tried it before taking the feature to market. Has anyone out there had success with projecting their screen to a PTV-3000 on a Lumia 1520 with the Cyan update or perhaps even a different phone? If you have any suggestions on the next thing to try that would be much appreciated.

Mick.

Mike-J-G

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
When I had a PTV-3000 I had to use unreleased firmware to get it to work. I would check if there isn't newer firmware then they list on their website. I found mine on a forum somewhere. The technology never worked reliably so I sold mine.

15twenty

Aug 7, 2014
Visit site
Mick -- I've been able to use Project My Screen with my Nokia 1520, via a PTV-3000, and I've been able to beam pictures from my phone and watch videos on Hulu Plus, Netflix, and Xbox Video. I had to upgrade the PTV-3000 to firmware 2.4.46, but after that, it's been working great. I was even able to add a notification for Project My Screen to the action/notification center, so I can toggle Project My Screen off and on.

There's a discussion of getting it to connect on the Nokia community discussion board, but sounds like "connecting" isn't your problem. By the way, someone who wrote a review of the PTV-3000 on Amazon had an experience similar to yours.

On a side note: I also tried connecting the PTV-3000 to an HDMI port on the receiver that powers the audio system at our house. While I could mirror videos from, say, the New York Times website, things would freeze up when I tried to mirror Hulu Plus or Netflix videos this way. But once I plugged the PTV-3000 back into the HDMI port of my TV, everything worked fine. I have no idea if this is informative or not, but just thought I'd pass it along.

Good luck.

Spam Junkie

Aug 6, 2014
Visit site
Thanks 15twenty for the info.

It's encouraging to know that you've been able to get this to work. The projector I'm connecting to is only 720p and likely an earlier hdmi standard (though other devices don't have a problem) so I might try connecting to a different display to see if this does the trick.

Cheers.

Mick.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss