New windows phone owner. help please :)

jammytech

Aug 6, 2014
Visit site
I own a 1520 now, I love it, but my favorite game FIFA 14 lags way too much compared to android, does anyone else have this issue? alsphalt 8 is smooth as butter so am confused! Any explanation?

And Is their any way to take a picture at full 20MP quality or do I need to settle for a 16MP and 5MP?

Any help is appreciated! Please bare in mind I am kinda new, aint had one since the release of 920. :amaze:

bryanibuan

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
I am not sure about the lag you experience in playing FIFA 14, but with regards to the camera resolution, you cannot take photos at 20MP. Well, Nokia is not lying when they said 20MP, because that means you got a 20MP sensor (square). A photo with 4:3 or 16:9 aspect ratio gets cropped from that 20MP that is why you loose some pixels. The wider the photo, the more pixels you loose. That is why 4:3 ratio contains more pixels than 16:9.

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
Before you do anything. Check for updates in settings > Phone update. There should be something like 8.1 or cyan available, depending on what country you are from.

Last edited:

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Change your aspect ratio from 16:9 to 4:3 for a 19MP image. "20 megapixels" is the physical size of the camera's sensor. The actual image sizes are 16MP at 16:9 ratio, and 19MP at 4:3

As for the lag, I don't play "FIFA", but never experience any lag in the games I DO play... Everything I've run seems to be smooth as butter here!

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site

Mario Flamenco

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
I just downloaded fifa to test it out on my 1520 and it work nicely, the sound not so good tho but the gameplay is smooth, you might be missing an update, check if there's any update

Geddeeee

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
I own a 1520 now, I love it, but my favorite game FIFA 14 lags way too much compared to android, does anyone else have this issue? alsphalt 8 is smooth as butter so am confused! Any explanation?

And Is their any way to take a picture at full 20MP quality or do I need to settle for a 16MP and 5MP?

Any help is appreciated! Please bare in mind I am kinda new, aint had one since the release of 920. :amaze:

It's a known issue with FIFA... A soft reset usually sorts out that particular game. I experienced the same thing when I first installed it. A soft reset sorted it right out!!!

jammytech

Aug 6, 2014
Visit site
Thank you all of you. I managed to work out the 4:3 and 16:9 resolution difference seconds after posting this question (always happens) and currently reinstalling fifa 14 to see if that helps. Loving this phone so far.

crav4speed

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Do you have the game installed on the microsd card or internal storage? Try installing it on the internal storage to see if it stops lagging. If it does, your sd card might be too slow.

jammytech

Aug 6, 2014
Visit site
Do you have the game installed on the microsd card or internal storage? Try installing it on the internal storage to see if it stops lagging. If it does, your sd card might be too slow.
Its on internal storage. I don't fancy doing a soft reset every time I want to play it :\ flippin annoying.. Any other suggestions? thanks for trying to help

jammytech

Aug 6, 2014
Visit site
It's really weird how other people don't have issues, When I soft reset it fixes it for about a minute it seems then it lags again, like when the player is running across the field it stutters like mad then smooths out then does it again.

I really have why MY 1520 is the only one :S tried re downloading a few times too

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720