Skype Incoming Calls hang / freeze phone

Ruslan.al

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
Does anybody else experiencing this problem?
When I get incoming skype call, screen is black and there is no way to unlock it.. Keep ringing until 'Up'+'Power'

Re-installed it twice.. Same thing.

P.S. DP - AT&T latest update

Last edited:

robbattaglia

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site
Same thing happened to me two day ago. I spent three hours on the phone with Skype support only to be told that it was a Nokia issue. Called Nokia and they blamed it on Skype. I am running 8.1 Black on A Nokia Lumia. Cyan not yet out on Verizon. I have all WP 8.1 updates. In fact one came through about two hours ago.

rayf888

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
Skype blaming Nokia.... They have to start realizing it's all one big family now... LOL

Anyway, mine only started failing with the latest Skype update, 2.21.0.161... Too bad the windows store wouldn't let you go back to a previous version... :'(

robbattaglia

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site
Hello All - I found an answer another post. You need to go to Settings - Lock screen and change notifications - choose an app to show detailed status to Skype. This will allow Skype to bleed through the lock screen and then you can unlock and answer the call. I just tried it and it worked! Not sure why three hours on the phone with both Skype and Nokia did not result in this answer - Skype support was clueless and Nokia wanted me to reset my phone back to factory settings - really!?!?

Ruslan.al

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
... go to Settings - Lock screen and change notifications - choose an app to show detailed status to Skype. This will allow Skype to bleed through the lock screen and then you can unlock and answer the call. ...

I will try it and let you know if this solves a problem. Thanks!

robbattaglia

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site
Also make sure that you don't have more than 20 apps allowed to run in the background Settings - Battery Saver - Usage. I know that if you go over the limit of 20 weird things start to happen.

robbattaglia

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site
Did you get an upgrade two days ago from the 8.1 preview? Also since you have AT&T are you on Cyan? I am still on Black. You might want to see if there are any updates. If you are on Cyan you should no longer be on the preview.

Ruslan.al

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
I'm with the latest update for DP:
Firmware: 1028.3562.1407.1001
Hardware revision: 4.1.0.0
Radio: 1.0.26055.0001
Chip: 8974

Thanks!

Does anybody else experiencing the same issue?

rayf888

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
I'd been playing around and my problem seems to have gone for the moment after I done something weird...

1) Uninstall Skype
2) Restart the phone
3) Uninstall Facebook
4) Restart the phone
5) Re-Install Skype
6) Restart the phone
7) Re-Install Facebook
8) Restart the phone

And now Skype is working again, I tested both voice and video call... No problem taking them under a locked screen... :D

Ruslan.al

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
I don't have Facebook installed...

I forced to uninstall Skype.. otherwise every single call (incoming) freezes the phone..

Last edited:

rayf888

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
I don't have Facebook installed...

I forced to uninstall Skype.. otherwise every single call (incoming) freezes the phone..

Hmm bad luck... Maybe you need to Mrs around with the other apps you got there... Facebook happened to work for me though... :)

Ruslan.al

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
Removed almost all apps..Reinstalled Skype. Same result. As soon I receive skype call - can't unlock screen and it keep ringing until 'PWR' + 'Dwn'
I was avoiding to reset the phone but looks like there is no other alternative.
Strange that nobody else experiencing this behavior ....

Vladimir Sharun

Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
Step into the same problem as you. Lumia black (Ukraine-Moldova CV) and with the developers preview channel too. No solution found on the DP.
So I decided to reset the phone via Nokia Recovery Tool to the painful 8.0 and now it works. Much worse than 8.1, but it works :(
No Lumia Cyan for my CV, so will wait for it and then jump to the 8.1DP (or not) will see. The only thing that stops me to throw away 1520 is the camera. Everything else cannot be compared to the Android ecosystem - much worse. Even first LG G1 operates faster in skype, blame on you - Microsoft.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99