09-08-2014 09:36 AM
79 1234
tools
    It's a fantastic device indeed. However because of such a big screen I'm afraid it might crack soon in my jeans pocket, need to get another pair of trousers lol
    08-10-2014 10:51 AM
    You know what would make it even better? Live folders!

Which is part of the GDR1 update which you can get now if want to sign up to the preview for developers program (it is free with an appstudio account).
    08-10-2014 01:56 PM
    that's a lot of phones for 1 person to have, lol

give me one pls? ;)

LOL!!!! Nooooo......this is my addiction....I can't give them up!
    08-10-2014 02:58 PM
    It's a fantastic device indeed. However because of such a big screen I'm afraid it might crack soon in my jeans pocket, need to get another pair of trousers lol

Ah see this is where we women have an advantage. They're in my bag.
    08-10-2014 02:59 PM
    You know what would make it even better? Live folders!

Which is part of the GDR1 update which you can get now if want to sign up to the preview for developers program (it is free with an appstudio account).

Wait...you mean there is something after the Cyan update?
    08-10-2014 03:00 PM
    Yes! There's the brand new Dev Preview Update 1. Just sign up at appstudio for a free account, download the "preview for developers" app, check "enroll", then get the update! Easy! :)
    Andrea988 likes this.
    08-10-2014 03:10 PM
    The update is already available as a preview for developers.
    08-10-2014 03:11 PM
    With this new dev preview, you get "live folders" for your start screen, which are awesome! (plus numerous other features and fixes).
    08-10-2014 03:13 PM
    Ah see this is where we women have an advantage. They're in my bag.
    I'm gonna love bags.
    08-10-2014 03:14 PM
    I've owned this phone for three weeks, I don't have a carrier yet, decided not to return the phone (it's the best). Lately been hunting for a carrier, I hopefully should have a carrier very soon, although from what I've been quoted, it won't be the price I was hoping for to get 4G (lte). I'll update once I have a carrier.
    08-10-2014 03:25 PM
    What else you'd love with this phone, put on a glove, a semi-thick glove and use your phone, beautiful ! Most Android users have told me, they can't do this. Some have admitted, WPhone is the best, and Apple stinks !
    qbnkelt likes this.
    08-10-2014 03:33 PM
    Ok guys I found one problem.
    How in the WORLD can I remove the tray to put in a SD???? I have the wee key but DAMN how do you get the tray out?!?!?!

Sent from my SUPER HOT Nokia Lumia 1520 via Tapatalk
    08-10-2014 03:33 PM
    Had my 1520 for 2 months now, updated to cyan last week and i am still getting surprised by what it can do. I think word flow is the best idea since sliced bread too. Also one feature i stumbled upon was Bing search by sound. My son was playing his music and Bing brought up the artist and song... Wow wow wow 😲
    qbnkelt likes this.
    08-10-2014 03:52 PM
    The tray should pop out when the key is inserted.
    qbnkelt likes this.
    08-10-2014 03:55 PM
    The tray should pop out when the key is inserted.

Thank you! It did finally.
    08-10-2014 04:11 PM
    I also love my 1520, and it gets even better when you get an Xbox One and various other W8.1 devices, and then when you get Office 365 with 1tb of OneDrive storage and then a Music pass, the whole thing is amazing.

Bob
    08-10-2014 04:41 PM
    Yup, just like Ed boland said

you get "live folders" for your start screen, which are awesome! (plus numerous other features and fixes).
    Recommend you check out the following:
    http://www.windowscentral.com/how-to...-windows-phone

http://www.windowscentral.com/how-to-set-up-apps-corner

I also love my 1520, and it gets even better when you get an Xbox One and various other W8.1 devices, and then when you get Office 365 with 1tb of OneDrive storage and then a Music pass, the whole thing is amazing.

Bob
    Bob, don't forget the onenote sync and rooms, where you, your family members or friends can share a calendar, notes, pictures in one centralized place. (Only disclaimer is for everyone to experience this and use it to the full potential everyone must have a windows phone. )
    08-10-2014 04:56 PM
    *clutches at her spinning head and sinks into a chair to try to absorb it all*
    TechFreak1 and flyingsolid like this.
    08-10-2014 05:00 PM
    Hadn't forgotten, just didn't want to get her to excited but it didn't work

Apart from messaging and the actual making calls, almost everything else can be interconnected across devices and family/friends etc.

I can play a simple Xbox game, my score shows up on all devices and also my wife's devices and she tries to beat me, my Xbox avatar goes everywhere, it's even my picture on here.

And the really good thing is it isn't hard work to achieve it all, ok it did take a few hours to get my head around Xbox Music, but even that is fantastic across devices when you get it sussed, and I can effectively take all that integration with me when I go out with my 1520

Bob
    TechFreak1 likes this.
    08-10-2014 05:09 PM
    It's funny, My iPhone "friends" poke at me when I have my Note III in hand.... and they get their jabs in while I point out things my Note will do that i*** never will... and I let them yack at me (I'm so over the Android Hate thing)... But then, I put the Note back in my pocket and slide out the 1520.... and simply say, ...now if you want to see some serious hardware.... ya, i*** guy tries really hard to get away from me...like he's trying not to get away from me.

I should feel bad about doing that.... but... Nope. The 1520 is wonderful device.... dare I say, ego crushing to some... and with 8.1 Live Folders, the noise does not even say around for me to get pass the Home Screen *Bliss Achievement Unlocked*

Enjoy!

~ScottGeek.
    TechFreak1 likes this.
    08-10-2014 05:38 PM
    Yup, just like Ed boland said

Recommend you check out the following:
    How to create Live Folders on Windows Phone 8.1 GDR1 | Windows Phone Central

How to set up Apps Corner on Windows Phone 8.1 GDR1 | Windows Phone Central

Bob, don't forget the onenote sync and rooms, where you, your family members or friends can share a calendar, notes, pictures in one centralized place. (Only disclaimer is for everyone to experience this and use it to the full potential everyone must have a windows phone. )
    That is what I'm missing, friends !
    I bought my 1520 so I can have, well my computer anywhere, that and I always swore by Windows Phone.
    08-10-2014 06:15 PM
    I bought my 1520 so I can have, well my computer anywhere, that and I always swore by Windows Phone.
    Very funny, oh hang on, no it could almost be sad

Bob
    08-10-2014 06:40 PM
    Who would have thought we would have so much processing power and storage in our pockets, when not to long ago we were still using floppy disks + sub ghz PCs

Very funny, oh hang on, no it could almost be sad

Bob
    Quite a conundrum you've got yourself into!
    08-10-2014 06:53 PM
    How are you finding the size of it to handle? I had the same idea but I found the 5 inch Lumia 930 just about as big as I would like to handle so I didn't take much of a look at the 1520 thinking it would be too big.
    08-10-2014 07:01 PM
    Yah I'm a bit obsessive. I got a case that's like a wallet and covers the screen but I'm still OCD about protecting this baby. 💖
    Yes, it is such a nice phone and so likeable, I am the same with my 1520, and I got mine in December when they came out for the UK, I am still in love with it. Every time I pick it up, just feels so nice with the build quality and it is just beautiful piece of kit. It's also very exclusive, you wont see everyone having one of these. I have on mine since the day I got it, and kept it in a phone pouch and there is not a mark on it, but these phones are tough. The polycarbonate plastic, the colour id dyed right through, meaning scratches don't really appear, and it is a tough plastic, it takes much more for it to scratch or damage.

Have you update to 8.1 yet ?
    08-10-2014 07:15 PM
79 1234