09-08-2014 08:36 AM
79 ... 234
tools
    Enjoy Cyan. It's great. GDR1 adds very little over what you already have, so no need to sweat it... LOL!!
    Well, Nokia to the rescue!

After Lumia Cyan... Lumia Denim!!

• Lumia Camera Replacing Nokia Camera, Lumia Camera is faster and more intuitive than before to make the best camera experience, even better.
    • Speed Pocket to capture speeds are superfast, and it only takes milliseconds going from shot to shot.
    • Moment Capture A long press of the camera button starts 4K-quality video recording at 24 FPS. With each frame at 8.3 megapixels, you can save individual frames as high quality still images.
    • Rich Capture Auto HDR and Dynamic Flash are now welcomed into the already-impressive feature set. Shoot first and adjust the camera settings later for that perfect photo.
    • Improved image processing algorithms Updated to give you clearer photos, even in lowlight.
    • Hey Cortana Voice Activation - Gone are the days of pressing the microphone button to wake-up Cortana. Simply say Hey Cortana while the phone is idle and Cortana will activate.This is possible thanks to the SensorCore technology.
    • Glance Screen Compatible Lumia devices can now show more at a glance with Bing Weather, or Bing Health & Fitness data, in addition to time and date, notifications and application data.

Amazing!!

I guess now you can change the statement :)
    09-04-2014 09:54 PM
    I got a notice for AT&T that my third line I use in my old school car cell phone will no longer work since its 2g so I could get a free 635. When I called they were out of the 635 so they offered a 1520 instead. I jumped on a green one and got it for free with no extension of my contract. I am now trying to figure out if I will keep it or sell it. I have a 1020 for personal use and a 920 for work. I will use it as a replacement for my 920 and see how manageable the size is especially since I carry 2 phones during work hours. One think I am not excited about is the loss of the QI charging. It was bad enough I had to add a cover to my 1020 but to not even have it as an option sucks. I wish ATT would be less involved in these aspects of the device. I think their PMA alliance is a big impediment to their customers who have spent money on QI chargers...

Anyway after reading the articles I am excited. I am also contemplating trying this as a tablet replacement when I travel. Any one tried to replace their 8" tablet with the 1520?

Thanks
    09-04-2014 10:33 PM
    I got a notice for AT&T that my third line I use in my old school car cell phone will no longer work since its 2g so I could get a free 635. When I called they were out of the 635 so they offered a 1520 instead. I jumped on a green one and got it for free with no extension of my contract. I am now trying to figure out if I will keep it or sell it. I have a 1020 for personal use and a 920 for work. I will use it as a replacement for my 920 and see how manageable the size is especially since I carry 2 phones during work hours. One think I am not excited about is the loss of the QI charging. It was bad enough I had to add a cover to my 1020 but to not even have it as an option sucks. I wish ATT would be less involved in these aspects of the device. I think their PMA alliance is a big impediment to their customers who have spent money on QI chargers...

Anyway after reading the articles I am excited. I am also contemplating trying this as a tablet replacement when I travel. Any one tried to replace their 8" tablet with the 1520?

Thanks
    I was going to get an iPad mini but the 1520 changed those plans!

Sent from my AWESOME 64G gold iPhone 5s
    09-08-2014 06:12 AM
    Well, Nokia to the rescue!

After Lumia Cyan... Lumia Denim!!

• Lumia Camera – Replacing Nokia Camera, Lumia Camera is faster and more intuitive than before to make the best camera experience, even better.
    • Speed – Pocket to capture speeds are superfast, and it only takes milliseconds going from shot to shot.
    • Moment Capture – A long press of the camera button starts 4K-quality video recording at 24 FPS. With each frame at 8.3 megapixels, you can save individual frames as high quality still images.
    • Rich Capture – Auto HDR and Dynamic Flash are now welcomed into the already-impressive feature set. Shoot first and adjust the camera settings later for that perfect photo.
    • Improved image processing algorithms – Updated to give you clearer photos, even in lowlight.
    • “Hey Cortana” Voice Activation - Gone are the days of pressing the microphone button to wake-up Cortana. Simply say “Hey Cortana” while the phone is idle and Cortana will activate.This is possible thanks to the SensorCore technology.
    • Glance Screen – Compatible Lumia devices can now show more at a glance with Bing Weather, or Bing Health & Fitness data, in addition to time and date, notifications and application data.

Amazing!!

I guess now you can change the statement :)
    4K video recording, awesome. What is the compression, I hope it's near uncompressed.
    09-08-2014 08:36 AM
79 ... 234