WOW this is NICE!!!!!!

Bobvfr

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
I also love my 1520, and it gets even better when you get an Xbox One and various other W8.1 devices, and then when you get Office 365 with 1tb of OneDrive storage and then a Music pass, the whole thing is amazing.

Bob

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Wait...you mean there is something after the Cyan update?

Yup, just like Ed boland said

you get "live folders" for your start screen, which are awesome! (plus numerous other features and fixes).

Recommend you check out the following:
http://www.windowscentral.com/how-to-create-live-folders-windows-phone

http://www.windowscentral.com/how-to-set-up-apps-corner

I also love my 1520, and it gets even better when you get an Xbox One and various other W8.1 devices, and then when you get Office 365 with 1tb of OneDrive storage and then a Music pass, the whole thing is amazing.

Bob

Bob, don't forget the onenote sync and rooms, where you, your family members or friends can share a calendar, notes, pictures in one centralized place. (Only disclaimer is for everyone to experience this and use it to the full potential everyone must have a windows phone. :winktongue: )

Bobvfr

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
Hadn't forgotten, just didn't want to get her to excited but it didn't work :smile:

Apart from messaging and the actual making calls, almost everything else can be interconnected across devices and family/friends etc.

I can play a simple Xbox game, my score shows up on all devices and also my wife's devices and she tries to beat me, my Xbox avatar goes everywhere, it's even my picture on here.

And the really good thing is it isn't hard work to achieve it all, ok it did take a few hours to get my head around Xbox Music, but even that is fantastic across devices when you get it sussed, and I can effectively take all that integration with me when I go out with my 1520 :smile:

Bob

ScottGeek

May 18, 2014
Visit site
It's funny, My iPhone "friends" poke at me when I have my Note III in hand.... and they get their jabs in while I point out things my Note will do that i*** never will... and I let them yack at me (I'm so over the Android Hate thing)... But then, I put the Note back in my pocket and slide out the 1520.... and simply say, ...now if you want to see some serious hardware.... ya, i*** guy tries really hard to get away from me...like he's trying not to get away from me. :devil:

I should feel bad about doing that.... but... Nope. The 1520 is wonderful device.... dare I say, ego crushing to some... and with 8.1 Live Folders, the noise does not even say around for me to get pass the Home Screen *Bliss Achievement Unlocked*

Enjoy!

~ScottGeek.

ReprobusR

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
Yup, just like Ed boland said

Recommend you check out the following:
How to create Live Folders on Windows Phone 8.1 GDR1 | Windows Phone Central

How to set up Apps Corner on Windows Phone 8.1 GDR1 | Windows Phone Central

Bob, don't forget the onenote sync and rooms, where you, your family members or friends can share a calendar, notes, pictures in one centralized place. (Only disclaimer is for everyone to experience this and use it to the full potential everyone must have a windows phone. :winktongue: )

That is what I'm missing, friends !
I bought my 1520 so I can have, well my computer anywhere, that and I always swore by Windows Phone.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
That is what I'm missing, friends !
I bought my 1520 so I can have, well my computer anywhere, that and I always swore by Windows Phone.

Who would have thought we would have so much processing power and storage in our pockets, when not to long ago we were still using floppy disks + sub ghz PCs :winktongue:

Very funny, oh hang on, no it could almost be sad :grin::crying:

Bob

Quite a conundrum you've got yourself into! :grin:

Andrea988

Jul 27, 2014
Visit site

How are you finding the size of it to handle? I had the same idea but I found the 5 inch Lumia 930 just about as big as I would like to handle so I didn't take much of a look at the 1520 thinking it would be too big.

Oliver Newell

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
Yah I'm a bit obsessive. I got a case that's like a wallet and covers the screen but I'm still OCD about protecting this baby. 💖

Yes, it is such a nice phone and so likeable, I am the same with my 1520, and I got mine in December when they came out for the UK, I am still in love with it. Every time I pick it up, just feels so nice with the build quality and it is just beautiful piece of kit. It's also very exclusive, you wont see everyone having one of these. I have on mine since the day I got it, and kept it in a phone pouch and there is not a mark on it, but these phones are tough. The polycarbonate plastic, the colour id dyed right through, meaning scratches don't really appear, and it is a tough plastic, it takes much more for it to scratch or damage.

Have you update to 8.1 yet ?

qbnkelt

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site
Yup I've got Cyan on it. But these guys are talking about live folders and they're making me itch to try it.

SUCH a geek...

ReprobusR

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
How are you finding the size of it to handle? I had the same idea but I found the 5 inch Lumia 930 just about as big as I would like to handle so I didn't take much of a look at the 1520 thinking it would be too big.

I found the size perfect, the resolution, although I'm still on Windows 8.0, until I get my carrier, as I've heard that 8.1 improves alot of things. I hope there are some web development tools for Windows Phone !

flyingsolid

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Just cover the OS rollback procedure before finally downloading the preview update.

She's already got Cyan/8.1 installed... so, no need for her to "roll back" to anything. All she has to do now is sign up for the dev preview and download the update!

flyingsolid

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
She's already got Cyan/8.1 installed... so, no need for her to "roll back" to anything. All she has to do now is sign up for the dev preview and download the update!
I see. I don't keep track of the update names as I just check the update setting after I see a WPC article.

qbnkelt

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site
I'm actually going to wait before doing anything beyond Cyan...
This is a new OS for me and a new device. I want to get a baseline on what the device acts.
Sent from my SUPER HOT Nokia Lumia 1520 via Tapatalk

Geddeeee

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
I'm actually going to wait before doing anything beyond Cyan...
This is a new OS for me and a new device. I want to get a baseline on what the device acts.
Sent from my SUPER HOT Nokia Lumia 1520 via Tapatalk

Enjoy Cyan. It's great. GDR1 adds very little over what you already have, so no need to sweat it... LOL!!

qbnkelt

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site
Well this thread has made me take the plunge - a red 1520 is on the way to replace my L920. Will need a sim adapter though to continue to switch between my Z30 and the Windows Phone. Any suggestions on a good one?

YAY!!!! Congrats!

Mine arrived with a new SIM. Did you get it through your carrier?

Loco5150

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
I took the plunge too yesterday. This phone is HUUUUGE, but after few hours it didnt feel that big when using anymore, which basically tells me its not too big. Although have to see in real life use for a while to be sure. Talking in to it will look dumb though, that will not change. Need to use more of my one ear wired headset I have laying around.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb