Hello guy's my 1520 sometimes is very hot at the back somewhere near the camera and freeze when I unlock it.it says resuming.... and get hotter and hotter.I am on 8.1.
    I must turn it off and then on and it is OK for a wile.I tried soft and hard reset with no luck.
    Does anyone has a clue or similar problem?
    yoongwaikhit likes this.
    08-10-2014 09:54 AM
    Seems like there are some apps running in background. Turn off Cortana (if enabled) and restart the phone.
    If doesn't help - disable some background apps in Battery Saver.
    08-10-2014 10:16 AM
    Hello guy's my 1520 sometimes is very hot at the back somewhere near the camera and freeze when I unlock it.it says resuming.... and get hotter and hotter.I am on 8.1.
    I must turn it off and then on and it is OK for a wile.I tried soft and hard reset with no luck.
    Does anyone has a clue or similar problem?
    I assume you are still on DP? The heating of that part is normal when the phone is under load. That happens to my 1520 whenever I play games that are heavy on graphics, when it was on WP8.0, WP8.1 DP and now still on Cyan. So I guess it's normal IF the phone is being used heavily, but not on standby or light use like texting/calling. Now the freezing part is not normal. That shouldn't happen at all. The resuming/loading issue was present to me during DP, but now in Cyan it hasn't occurred yet (been more than 3 days now and not even a single resuming/loading problem). Cyan update fixed these issues for me.
    08-10-2014 10:17 AM
    I am not on developer preview I have official 8.1 with cyan. I have switched off all running background apps and cortana but didn't helped either.
    Today I was on a trip and used here drive.after 30 minutes of trip it lost the GPS signal.the phone started being hot and it freezes.i made a restart and boom everything ok.after 30 minutes again same thing. What else can I do????Please help......do you believe is from an app?it's a hardware problem?
    08-10-2014 10:36 AM
    I am not on developer preview I have official 8.1 with cyan. I have switched off all running background apps and cortana but didn't helped either.
    Today I was on a trip and used here drive.after 30 minutes of trip it lost the GPS signal.the phone started being hot and it freezes.i made a restart and boom everything ok.after 30 minutes again same thing. What else can I do????Please help......do you believe is from an app?it's a hardware problem?
    Might really be a hardware issue. Check the local store probably.

I had some heating issues before as well on my 1520 on 8.1 DP, but I found it was because of Cortana and I disabled her (it works fine now though).
    08-10-2014 10:40 AM
    The getting hot part is normal, as long as it does not physically damage or burn the unit. What concerns me is the freezing part. You can try downgrading WP8.0 then return to Cyan. I can't guarantee that it would fix your problem though.
    08-10-2014 10:40 AM
    No I don't see any physical damage on the device.Do you think this is happening because I changed the firmware from Vodafone Italia and I put GB CV firmware?is that possible?
    08-10-2014 11:10 AM
    No I don't see any physical damage on the device.Do you think this is happening because I changed the firmware from Vodafone Italia and I put GB CV firmware?is that possible?
    I can't say for sure. Basically you still have a valid firmware for your device so it shouldn't matter.
    08-10-2014 11:14 AM