Camera functions reduced since Cyan?

EndOfRope

Aug 11, 2014
Visit site
Hello,
with good old WP8 and black firmware, i was able to do nice action pics. That was mostly why i did buy my lumia 1520. After taking a sequence i could choose which pics are added to the final.
I have added a sample to show you what ia mean.
I don?t know if it is cyan update, wp8.1 or simply the nokia cam app but i can?t do this any more.
Does anyone know how i can manage to do pics like in good old wp8?
regards,
End of Rope

Attachments

• sequence1.jpg
    sequence1.jpg
    192.3 KB · Views: 6

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
You should check if your default camera app has reverted back to the Microsoft camera app for some reason after applying WP 8.1. If so, change it back to Nokia Camera and you're good. ;) I'm not on Cyan yet, but my 1520 as well as my 1020 still have the sequence mode as part of the Nokia Camera app and it's rather unlikely that an OS and/or firmware upgrade removes functionality of an app.

EndOfRope

Aug 11, 2014
Visit site
Hello,
the sequence mode is still there, but i can?t go back to edit the sequence as i want. That was working earlier, now i simply shows an animated seqence when i look at it.
It is the nokia cam app, here in the german app store i think there is no microsoft cam app.
regards,
End of Rope

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Hello,
the sequence mode is still there, but i can?t go back to edit the sequence as i want. That was working earlier, now i simply shows an animated seqence when i look at it.
It is the nokia cam app, here in the german app store i think there is no microsoft cam app.
regards,
End of Rope

The Microsoft app is part of the OS, that's why you can't find it in the store. ;) Anyways, you're right, it initially shows an animation. But when you tap the picture, it shows a purple icon and something like "edit sequence".. Tap that and the editor opens. From there you can choose "best picture", "action mode" and some other stuff by simply swiping up/down.

EndOfRope

Aug 11, 2014
Visit site
Hello,
you are right, thanks. Opened it with the microsoft cam then used the purple icon which is "open with nokia cam". So finally i am in the nokia app and able to make my favorit sequence. Don?t know why it?s not directly to find in Nokia cam but this workaraound helps me.
regards,
End of Rope

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Hello,
you are right, thanks. Opened it with the microsoft cam then used the purple icon which is "open with nokia cam". So finally i am in the nokia app and able to make my favorit sequence. Don?t know why it?s not directly to find in Nokia cam but this workaraound helps me.
regards,
End of Rope

You can also open it in the pictures hub, the function should be available there as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss