Ok,

newbie question number two. I purchased my unlocked 1520.3 for use in Canada and spent a lot of money to do so because I love the phone. However since the Canadian carriers don't carry that model it doesn't show up over the air as an availble update even though the carrier has approved the update on the phones they carry.

nokia.com/global/support/software-update/wp8-software-update/availability-in-north-america

Does anyone know how to update the phone short of driving to the states to update it (which i will if i have to - if that even works? )

I appreciate the help.
    08-11-2014 10:31 AM
    Ok,

newbie question number two. I purchased my unlocked 1520.3 for use in Canada and spent a lot of money to do so because I love the phone. However since the Canadian carriers don't carry that model it doesn't show up over the air as an availble update even though the carrier has approved the update on the phones they carry.

nokia.com/global/support/software-update/wp8-software-update/availability-in-north-america

Does anyone know how to update the phone short of driving to the states to update it (which i will if i have to - if that even works? )

I appreciate the help.
    You'll get it whenever it's released for that phone's original region - doesn't matter where you are at the time. You could be in the Arctic Circle and get it (provided you had wifi of course).
    08-11-2014 10:56 AM
    Have you actually checked on the phone for updates, as it has actually been released so you should get it OTA regardless of your location.
    08-11-2014 11:37 AM
    I'm afraid that's not the case. this phone is a north american variant, yet no update appears. I check my phone for updates almost on the hour. As per the Nokia site the cyan update is available for AT&T in north America the only carrier who carry's the phone.

Anyone else know if the file can be manually loaded? Or do I have to get into a AT&T area to pull it down.
    08-11-2014 01:33 PM
    The 1520.3 is the Latin American variant, not North America. The only NA variant is the Att version, was not released anywhere else in North America, and that already has the update available so no idea what's stopping you getting the update on your phone if you actually have the 1520.3. This is the thread for the 1520.3 and the update is now available, you should definitely be getting the update unless its been stopped or you're on the dev preview.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/nok.../268213-58.htm
    08-11-2014 01:41 PM
    Wow, thanks for getting back to me so quickly much appreciated. You are right I meant the NA variant for LTE channels. I bought the phone off of ebay so I'm not sure to determine if a developers preview has been loaded.

model:1520.3
    type rm-938
    core build id: 1028.3562.1402.10236

OS version : 8.10.12397.895

I was thinking the 8.1.1 dev preview was installed but it doesn't appear so to me (definitely missing the new features cortana etc.). Seeing the above information is there anything you can suggest?
    08-11-2014 04:04 PM
    Ok,

I appreciate the help.
    Try Nokia Software Recovery Tool.

The Cyan/8.1 ROM is starting to show up on there.
    I have a 1520 in the UK. The OTA update was available and I upgraded, but I prefer a clean base ROM. Just flashed to 8.1/Cyan base ROM from there.

May be worth a shot!!!
    cujo72 likes this.
    08-11-2014 04:12 PM
    Thanks a lot! The software update was available as soon as I plugged it in. Now I will wait for 8.1.1 like everyone else. Cheers
    Geddeeee likes this.
    08-11-2014 08:11 PM