I want a 7" 1520

JamesPTao

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
I know no such thing exists but my 6" 1520 seems to be getting smaller as time goes by. Anyone else want a 7" ? :smile:

Jim
The latest update allows for such screens and once wp9 and windows 9 arrive WP and rt will be merged and their will be a focus on these specific sizes.

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I know no such thing exists but my 6" 1520 seems to be getting smaller as time goes by. Anyone else want a 7" ? :smile:

Jim

I do too. I bought a Huawei Mediapad X1 a few months ago and love it...except for the fact that it's not running WP8.1. It's a very beautiful device though. I'd love to see WP go in that direction.

salmanahmad

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site
The sweet spot for me and most of the consumers out there is 4 to 5 inches.

My personal favorites range from 4.7 to 5 inches.

A 7 inch device would be a tablet and most people do think that the 1520 is too huge.

I don't see most mobile displays becoming larger than 5.5 inches, or at most 6.

Anything beyond that would venture into tablet space.

The 1520 does not feel small by any means, it still the biggest phone out there and it has a very nice display.

I myself have a 5 inch Android device and Android is not crappy.

Rawliglat x

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site

salmanahmad

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site
Dont know, what you mean by "most consumers" but the sale of lager size device is growing very rapidly.

No its not, even galaxy mega is bigger

Maybe not crappy, but laggy and that is pretty damn close.

Wow really? Because the sales of the 1520 hasn't really skyrocketed market sales of Nokia devices, infact neither has the Galaxy Mega either.

Trust me 4.7 to 5 inches are what boost the sales, not huge 6 inch devices, the 6 inch devices are made for a special kind of people.

Android isn't laggy I use it everyday on my Nexus 5. Use Android before you abuse it.

Rawliglat x

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
Wow really? Because the sales of the 1520 hasn't really skyrocketed market sales of Nokia devices, infact neither has the Galaxy Mega either.
Actually the sale of Tablets was said to have reduced due to phablets (5.5"-7" devices).
Especially in Asian market (most notably South Korea i think).

Android isn't laggy I use it everyday on my Nexus 5. Use Android before you abuse it.
I own android, actually two android phones, and yes they are laggy and its same story with most of my friends. Well ofcourse some are much more laggy, but androids smoothness definitely cant be compared to windows phone or ios.

salmanahmad

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site
Actually the sale of Tablets was said to have reduced due to phablets (5.5"-7" devices).
Especially in Asian market (most notably South Korea i think).

I own android, actually two android phones, and yes they are laggy and its same story with most of my friends. Well ofcourse some are much more laggy, but androids smoothness definitely cant be compared to windows phone or ios.

Show me the stats don't tell me what you think. The 6 inch form factor just isn't for most of us.

And what Android device do you and your friends own?

And Android handles scrolling and multitasking better than WP and iOS.

Nimdock

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
The sweet spot for me and most of the consumers out there is 4 to 5 inches.

Hehe, gotta love these blanket generalizations. Well, since that's the sweet spot for you Microsoft/Nokia will stop producing 1520s and Samsung will stop the Note series effective immediately!!!

Rawliglat x

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
Show me the stats don't tell me what you think.
Phablets to bite into tablet sales this year, says IDC - CNET

Now you, show me the stats that say most people dont like phablets. Dont tell me what you think either

And what Android device do you and your friends own?
I've owned different HTC's. And I have friends with different devices, including note 3.
But note 3 seems to lag less,, thanks to its monster processor. But still noticeable.

Low end android devices, are crap. Android is only good for specs packed devices but windows phone functions smoothly with any grade of specs. My friends Lumia 800 (wp 7.5) functions just as smoothly as my friends note3.

neftv

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site

Jim

I had a lumia 920 and sold it. Now I got my white Lumia 1520 and I said to myself I would us for when I am away from my house for just about everything. When I'm home I use my Dell Venue 8 pro for everything. Had the Dell prior to getting 1520 and worked out well for me. So bottom line for me the size of 1520 works well for me away from the house and the Dell works better for me for when I'm at home. I not planning on changing or wishing for anything else at the present time. For all I care technology can just stop for me and I would still be happy with what I got.

Lundon44

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
I'd gotten use to the size of my 1520 fairly quickly though I feel anything bigger for me would be only more awkward. I can barely reach the Q, A, shift on the keyboard with one hand texting. But I'm actually stuck using 2 hands 90% of the time. Sucks when I'm holding a bag or something in one hand. Personally, I feel 5.7" would be a sweet spot but 6" is the max I could go. My tablet is 8" so I wouldn't see a point of having a phone 1" smaller.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Well 7" devices maybe coming when windows 9 or what ever threshold is called (probably after). However they are niche devices which doesn't appeal to the masses (yet). However it will reach an inflection point and start decreasing in size, if you look at the history of tech and look at Sci-Fi trends.

To the poster(s) in regards to Android, yes it suffers from lag on poorly optimised phones (prior to KitKat, I believe optimised or unoptimised it was some what laggy) and has micro stutter on the high end. However I wouldn't class that as lag, plus unfortunately some people class transitions as lag which is incorrect. Transitions are there to hide what the O/S is doing in the background similar to the boot screen on a PC when it is posting (Power-on-Self-Testing).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnwilliam9750