Nokia Lumia 1520.3 from B&H Photo

Flytetymex

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys,
Just a little curious. A bit back NewEgg was running that promotion that the Lumia 1520.3 was going on sale for about $494. I jumped on the white one as quickly as I could and ordered it. Two days later they came back to me and said that it was backordered and automatically refunded me my money. Then i saw that someone posted that they B&H photo was running a similar promo. I jumped on that and got the white one. When it finally came in, I started setting it up and I and began admiring the phone. A few minutes into it I look at the back at a certain angle and it had two scuff marks. I debated whether or not to return it and of course I decided to (If I am going to spend $500 I want my device to be pristine). Anyway, this was about two weeks ago and they immediately told me that the white one has been backordered until August 25. Now I spoke to them again today just to get an update and they said that now it is Around September 17 or so. Is anyone else on here going through the same issue with the white 1520? I checked a bunch of other websites and it seems like the white one is backordered everywhere. Has anyone had any issues with B&H before? They claim that Nokia is the one that told them that day. I know that phone is popular, especially at that price point but I find it hard to believe that it is THAT popular.

SSgt Bruskowiz

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
I dont know about that.
But next time just send it in by Nokia itself.
They pick it up and bring it back on your doorstep.
My phone had a screenreplacement and it took exactly 7 days.
Thats including the pickup and returntime.
The proces start simply online at Cell Phones and Smartphones - Nokia - USA

And yes your right,
you deserve a mint phone no matter what it costs

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
@OP: Sorry yours was marred. My Yellow 1520.3 from B&H was perfect. My white 925 from Newegg had what appeared to be some scuffs on the back but they came off with some general purpose cleaner.

@SSgt: Are you saying Nokia USA repaired a 1520.3 under warranty? I was under the impression that since it is not offered by Nokia or any carriers in the US, Nokia USA would not warranty it. I figured I could send it overseas for warranty if I had to but one reason I chose B&H over Newegg was that Newegg had a 1 month warranty and B&H had a 3 month warranty. The other reasons were: Newegg made you agree to some BS boilerplate that meant you could not return the phone if the factory box had been opened AND that you realized they had opened the box to unlock it AND may have scratched/scuffed it in the process! Of course the phone comes from the factory unlocked so they really don't have their act together on these despite me being a huge and long time fan/customer of Newegg. The other reason for choosing B&H is they were throwing in a free micro SD card at the time.

SSgt Bruskowiz

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
Nice companies.
But okay wats don is don.
Just go to the website of nokia and do the warranty checker.
You must fill in the imei number and you find out.
I bought mine second hand, unused boxed and sealed. The man i bought it from had bought two of them, one for his lady and one for himself. Bud they reconsider. So they sold them on market place....( a national selling site for used and new goods ) instead of returning them to the shop.
So i got lucky i guess. And even its a so called used phone it was stil under warranty.

Just go to Nokia and do the check.
It doesn't matter where you bought it. Its nokia and the warranty comes from them not from a local dark sinister phone shop ;)

Good luck

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Nice, SSgt. I was going to ask if yours was a 1520.3 but the warranty check site said my IMEI is in warranty in the US.

I think its amazing that retailers actually drive some customers away by saying there is no US Nokia warranty.

So thanks for letting us know.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Just pulled the trigger today on the 1520.3 at B&H. Comes in Monday, can't wait.

I agree, B&H is a great place, never any problems for me.

I chose yellow as that screamed classic Nokia to me when applied to the polycarbonate unibody.

I'll post back more when it arrives.

Nimdock

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
Just pulled the trigger today on the 1520.3 at B&H. Comes in Monday, can't wait.

I agree, B&H is a great place, never any problems for me.

I chose yellow as that screamed classic Nokia to me when applied to the polycarbonate unibody.

I'll post back more when it arrives.

Excellent choice. It's the same color I got a couple of weeks ago also from them. It's awesome.

Flytetymex

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for all the responses guys. Hopefully the phone comes in eventually. Or that Nokia announces an upgrade in the next few weeks so I can just cancel the phone. But didn't realize that the white would be so popular.

Darth Lumia

Mar 14, 2012
Visit site
I just received a yellow one and it in pristine condition, I noticed that the sim card door was loose but it was because I had no sim inside once I got a sim it was good. I have bought many items from B&H and never had an issue with them. I'm loving my L 1520

Posted via the Windows Phone Central App for Android

compson

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
For what it's worth, I bought my 1520 from B&H's brick and mortar location in Manhattan. I would recommend that everyone go there once just to experience their fulfillment system, which is literally a series of conveyor belts and tubes. Your merchandise meets you at the cashier area without you ever touching it. It's amazing.

Note: Closed early on Friday and all day Saturday for the Jewish sabbath

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers