In case anyone was wondering, this DOES NOT work. The phone doesn't even recognize that ANY SIM is in the tray.

I used a Verizon-activated nano SIM, and literally nothing happened. I cycled the power, etc. T-mobile works like a charm, but apparently no dice with verizon.
    08-21-2014 10:58 PM
    Verizon phones all still use CDMA for voice; the 1520 does not have CDMA radios. The SIM in the newer Verizon phones is for LTE, which the company currently uses for data only. In 2016, Verizon will likely switch to Voice Over LTE (VOLTE) and then the CDMA radios will be unneeded. However, Verizon is on different LTE frequencies than AT&T and T-Mobile, so their phones won't with an AT&T phone unless the phones get more internal antennas.

Using a Verizon phone on AT&T is possible since the Verizon phone has all four common hands for GSM (1G and 2G) and UMTS (3G). However, a Verizon phone won't be able to use AT&T's LTE network because the Verizon network and the AT&T phone don't share a common set of LTE capabilities.
    08-22-2014 06:59 AM
    Most verizon phones will get LTE for tmobile

Sent from my iPhone using WPCentral Forums
    08-22-2014 08:28 AM
    Verizon phones all still use CDMA for voice; the 1520 does not have CDMA radios. The SIM in the newer Verizon phones is for LTE, which the company currently uses for data only. In 2016, Verizon will likely switch to Voice Over LTE (VOLTE) and then the CDMA radios will be unneeded. However, Verizon is on different LTE frequencies than AT&T and T-Mobile, so their phones won't with an AT&T phone unless the phones get more internal antennas.

Using a Verizon phone on AT&T is possible since the Verizon phone has all four common hands for GSM (1G and 2G) and UMTS (3G). However, a Verizon phone won't be able to use AT&T's LTE network because the Verizon network and the AT&T phone don't share a common set of LTE capabilities.
    Yet my Verizon iPhone 5s is on AT&T LTE right now. Several newer Verizon phones work just fine.
    08-22-2014 10:40 AM
    The iPhone 5S has 11 bands of LTE support, so the CDMA model also covers the LTE bands that T-Mo and ATT use. The Icon covers LTE Band 13 / 4 (700/1700 MHz).
    08-23-2014 05:26 PM
    Yet my Verizon iPhone 5s is on AT&T LTE right now. Several newer Verizon phones work just fine.
    CORRECT, but the converse is NOT true - Verizon has GSM bands to make their phones world phones ... most of the rest of the world, is currently on GSM.

GSM carrier (AT&T, T-Mobile) phones do NOT have CDMA radios (or, in some cases they're not activated).
    08-23-2014 07:31 PM