[L1520] Serious problems?

pronur

May 4, 2013
Visit site
i got my lumia 1520 2 months ago. i have few problems.
do you guys have the same problems?

1. sometimes when i get my phone from my pocket it is heating itself. and draining battery.
2. after i updated to 8.1 cyan most of games are frozing. like fifa14, modern combat 5
3. when i am scrolling in web or instagram, most of the times phone gets it as a pressing.

i dont know what to do, should i send it to the warranty? or is this problems have a solutions ?
please help me guys.
thank you

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
The first one could probably be related to the mobile connection when moving around. This is something rather normal among cellphones. Some are more affected, some less. You should keep an eye on it nevertheless, because if it's rather drastical, your battery might have an issue and should be replaced.

Can't say much about issue #2 though, as I don't have any issues with apps/games at all. I don't play FIFA, so it's hard to say, but I play MC5, and it's working great. Try to reinstall these apps, this might help.

#3 is a common issue on all 1520s unfortunately. The touch screen is overly sensitive and often sees touch events, where a user was actually swiping/scrolling. No way to fix it. :( But you'll get used to it, trust me. It almost never happens for me, since I've changed my touch/swipe/scroll behavior. :)

pronur

May 4, 2013
Visit site
The first one could probably be related to the mobile connection when moving around. This is something rather normal among cellphones. Some are more affected, some less. You should keep an eye on it nevertheless, because if it's rather drastical, your battery might have an issue and should be replaced.

Can't say much about issue #2 though, as I don't have any issues with apps/games at all. I don't play FIFA, so it's hard to say, but I play MC5, and it's working great. Try to reinstall these apps, this might help.

#3 is a common issue on all 1520s unfortunately. The touch screen is overly sensitive and often sees touch events, where a user was actually swiping/scrolling. No way to fix it. :( But you'll get used to it, trust me. It almost never happens for me, since I've changed my touch/swipe/scroll behavior. :)

First of all thank you. But thurst me these game issues remain the same all the time. İ have these problems when i was playing modern combat 4 too. And do you have any idea when you unlock phone. İt says "resuming" for a couple of minutes. And most of The time stuck at there.

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
First of all thank you. But thurst me these game issues remain the same all the time. İ have these problems when i was playing modern combat 4 too. And do you have any idea when you unlock phone. İt says "resuming" for a couple of minutes. And most of The time stuck at there.

Which OS version are you using on your device? Still 8.0? Or 8.1 Cyan? Or even Developer Preview? Whatever it is, it sounds to me that your device got a little messed up by an update. Usually a hard reset can fix these things.

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
With FIFA I have the same issue. It's all to do with the fact that it isn't 8.1 supported yet as it used to work perfect on my 1520.,with modern combat is the game installed on SD card? That will slow it down. Move it to phone and you will see a difference

pronur

May 4, 2013
Visit site
With FIFA I have the same issue. It's all to do with the fact that it isn't 8.1 supported yet as it used to work perfect on my 1520.,with modern combat is the game installed on SD card? That will slow it down. Move it to phone and you will see a difference
İt is installed to phone. Even the hungry shark frozing

Bong Yih

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
I think you might need to do a hard reset (after backing up your data of course). All the games you mentioned are working fine on my 1520.

Bong Yih

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site

Please enlighten me on the behaviour you have applied. The swipe/touch issue is trying my patience. Thank you. :)

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Normal touch behavior would ne tapping and lifting your finger shortly thereafter, swiping is pretty much the same: tap, move, lift. Tapping remains the same, whereas swiping is done by tapping and holding just a little while before moving and lifting the finger again. That's how I do it and I barely ever have the issue again.

pronur

May 4, 2013
Visit site
Normal touch behavior would ne tapping and lifting your finger shortly thereafter, swiping is pretty much the same: tap, move, lift. Tapping remains the same, whereas swiping is done by tapping and holding just a little while before moving and lifting the finger again. That's how I do it and I barely ever have the issue again.
And now everytime i unlock the phone it says resuming and waiting for 1 min every time. İt is annoying really

Last edited:

Peter Harvey

Aug 12, 2014
Visit site
Once in a blue moon, my 920 & 1520 heats up & drains battery.

I hold the power button down to do a soft reset & problem fixed!
Neither my 920 nor 1520 has heated up & drained battery in a long time.

For the heating up & battery drain problem, I have not had to do a hard reset at all.

The only problem so far is WP8.1 & Accuweather - the Accuweather is NOT working properly with 8.1; a soft reset does not fix, and it is unlikely that a hard reset will fix either - must wait for update from Accuweather, or WP8.1 Update 2 etc...

Last edited:

pronur

May 4, 2013
Visit site
Once in a blue moon, my 920 & 1520 heats up & drains battery.

I hold the power button down to do a soft reset & problem fixed!

Neither my 920 nor 1520 has heated up & drained battery in a long time.

For the heating up & battery drain problem, I have not had to do a hard reset at all.

The only problem so far is WP8.1 & Accuweather - the Accuweather is NOT working properly with 8.1; a soft reset does not fix, and it is unlikely that a hard reset will fix either - must wait for update from Accuweather, or WP8.1 Update 1 etc...
how can i soft reset mate ? İ mean the buttons combination

Peter Harvey

Aug 12, 2014
Visit site
Hold the power button down, until a message like Slide Down to Power Off appears.
Then follow instructions & slide down to power off etc.

Wait a few seconds, and press the power button to turn back on - the 1520 vibrates & "reboots".

Normally, your 1520 is merely in "Standby" with higher power consumption for rapid on/off...

Peter Harvey

Aug 12, 2014
Visit site
For a hard reset, go to Settings, then About.
Click "Reset".
A hard reset erases part of the solid state memory & reinstalls the WP8.1 OS operating system...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb