Just Bought a 1520, Can't Wait Until Wednesday!

anon(5340692)

Apr 25, 2012
Visit site
I made a HUGE mistake 6 months ago, when I decided that since I love my Nexus 7 tablet, I'd be better off with an Android phone as well, and traded my beloved 920 in on a Note 3. After 6 months, I can't take it anymore. Everything is so disjointed, the thing locks up constantly, and the experience absolutely PALES in comparison to my previous Windows Phone experience.

My new 1520 will be here Wednesday and I can. not. wait!

Tell me how much I'm going to love my 1520 and Windows Phone 8.1 :cool:

Geddeeee

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
I made a HUGE mistake 6 months ago, when I decided that since I love my Nexus 7 tablet, I'd be better off with an Android phone as well, and traded my beloved 920 in on a Note 3. After 6 months, I can't take it anymore. Everything is so disjointed, the thing locks up constantly, and the experience absolutely PALES in comparison to my previous Windows Phone experience.

You've made the right decision. Absolutely mind blowing phone!!!

flattie

Aug 10, 2013
Visit site
My other half had just got herself a 1520; she is in love with it. I have a 930, and always feel a tinge of jealousy when I have a play around on that awesome screen. If you can manage the size then I'm sure you'll adore this phone; for my money, it's the best Windows phone.

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
Love mine to bits. Don't forget to get a case to keep it safe. I posted a link up of a case that you can get for ?2 and it has a leather feel to it, magnetic lock and doubles as a stand to watch movies. Well worth getting

salmanahmad

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site

Samsung really needs to get itself together and make the software better, it's giving Android a bad name in the industry.

Congratulations on the new Lumia 1520!

blue1k

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
I love mine. People keep asking what that phone is. Most people think it's a Note. Nice having a unique phone that slays. Screen is ridiculous especially outside.

salmanahmad

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site
Do you still miss your 1020 or are you happy now that you got used to the 1520? Been meaning to ask that for a while 😊

In my opinion I would prefer the Lumia 1520 over the 1020, the camera may not have the same number of megapixels but it still has a lot to work with, and it takes photos faster.

Plus the higher resolution screen and better processor also make it much better.

Now my question to both of you, after updating to Cyan, how much faster is the autofocus and shutter speed in Lumia Cyan?

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
For shutter speed I couldn't tell any difference to be honest. I tried different apps and they all have slightly different shutter speeds. Not much difference tho. Personally I prefer the 1520. Even tho I have never tried the camera on the 1020 I was happy enough with the camera on the 520. Filmed my brother getting married with it and the quality was DVD like. So I knew 20 megapixels would be fine. I never understood giving the 1020 a massive camera resolution with a 720p screen tho

salmanahmad

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site
For shutter speed I couldn't tell any difference to be honest. I tried different apps and they all have slightly different shutter speeds. Not much difference tho. Personally I prefer the 1520. Even tho I have never tried the camera on the 1020 I was happy enough with the camera on the 520. Filmed my brother getting married with it and the quality was DVD like. So I knew 20 megapixels would be fine. I never understood giving the 1020 a massive camera resolution with a 720p screen tho

Yeah I've tried the Lumia 520's camera on numerous occasions and it took very good 720p video, even when viewed back on a 1080p screen.

Btw as far as 720p screen on 1020 goes they had to cut costs somewhere but the 1020 still had a very nice display.

IMO I can't notice a huge difference between 720 and 1080p in most mobiles, it depends on screen sizes.

Bobvfr

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
Yes you will love your 1520 when you get it, it is a very impressive bit of kit, had mine about six months now and it just gets better.

Would like to say it's my favourite device but I am really impressed by my Xbox One as well.

But what the heck I can and do have both (And a Surface Pro, laptop and desktop) so I am happy, and the way they integrate is just so impressive.

Just don't blame me when you come home with an Xbox One :excited:

Bob

Bong Yih

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
You will definitely love it! Trust me. It's a beast for a reason. Loving my 1520 but kind of regretted getting the glossy red version, can see all the "battle scars" on its back. x__x

However, you do need to take care of where you put it. From what I have seen, how and where you put your 1520 (either pockets/bags) will determine whether you get the swipe/touch problem.

With big screen comes big responsibility. :3

rcranium

May 20, 2013
Visit site
I have a 1520 also. Great phone but I dropped it a few times and it has a cracked screen. Still works though the resolution changes like a computer so only some of the tiles show. Wish they'd come out with a new updated version.

anon(5340692)

Apr 25, 2012
Visit site
You're all making me excited and nervous at the same time. The phone I ordered is supposedly Nokia refurbished. I'm hoping that is the truth and I get a good one. Any recommendations on a case? I don't want to add a lot of bulk to it, but I would like to protect it.

blue1k

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
You're all making me excited and nervous at the same time. The phone I ordered is supposedly Nokia refurbished. I'm hoping that is the truth and I get a good one. Any recommendations on a case? I don't want to add a lot of bulk to it, but I would like to protect it.

I use Amzer Pudding case. $9 on Amazon.
I just ordered Incipio Feather Case as I love mine on my 1020. $20

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo