Just Bought a 1520, Can't Wait Until Wednesday!

Bobvfr

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
I bought the Nokia one with the flip over front that can be folded to make a stand (Never used that bit yet) my phone is black but the case is red and looks good.

I work on a motorbike and the phone is normally in a pocket by itself, but sometimes my work phone, glasses pens and other stuff end up in there as well, no problems yet.

Bob

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
You're all making me excited and nervous at the same time. The phone I ordered is supposedly Nokia refurbished. I'm hoping that is the truth and I get a good one. Any recommendations on a case? I don't want to add a lot of bulk to it, but I would like to protect it.

LOL... My case is in already and I don't get the phone until Tuesday... And have to wait till Friday for my ISIS nanoSIM. :unhappy:

Here's the case I got: Amazon.com: AceAbove Nokia Lumia 1520 Slim Clear Back Case with Bumper / Cover for Nokia 1520 - Clear: Cell Phones & Accessories

It is super clear (I want to show off that yellow color), thin and has a good grip.

My assumption is that the soft TPU combined with the hard polycarbonate makes sort of like a dual density set up. Sort of.

I also have a screen protector and a leather belt holster coming. Amazon.com: For Nokia Lumia 1520 Phablet-size Smartphone Black Sideways Leather Flap Case Belt Clip Holster Pouch + Bubble Free Clear Screen Protector + AIS cell Cleaning Cloth (By All_instore): Cell Phones & Accessories

Paul Verizzo

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
Jeez, dude, put it back in your pants. It's just a thing, ya know? In a year or two you will look on this with total amazement that you were once so seduced.

jomarr

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
Jeez, dude, put it back in your pants. It's just a thing, ya know? In a year or two you will look on this with total amazement that you were once so seduced.

Eh we can say the same with our partner. In a year or two you will look on that with total amazement that you were once so seduced :cool:

Hahaha just let him have his moment bro

ShinraCorp

Feb 13, 2014
Visit site
Congrats man! Hope you'll enjoy it :) Tell us how it is after you played around with it, I'm sure some of us would appreciate your experience with that phone.

anon(5340692)

Apr 25, 2012
Visit site

Yes, I'm sure that in a couple of years I'll be tired of it and ready to be seduced by the next "latest, greatest" gadget, and I can't wait for that either!

In a household where I'm the only one that enjoys gadgets, it's nice to have forums to discuss them with others that enjoy them as well. I was pretty stoked when I picked up my eVic the other day, but there are plenty of people over at the vape lounge that geek out over that stuff to talk to. In the AT&T store (where, incidentally they have 0 Windows Phones on display, and 2 in stock in the back) they treated me like a pariah because I wanted to abandon Android.

But I digress... TL;DR: Switch from a L920 to a Note 3, and you'll be excited to get back to Windows Phone too :)

anon(5340692)

Apr 25, 2012
Visit site
Get a nilkin case from Amazon. I love mine!

That looks like a great case, does it rise up a little above the screen? I'm not in the habit of resting my phones on their faces, but it happens occasionally, and it'd be a bonus if the case touched the table and the phone didn't.

MDK22

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
... In the AT&T store (where, incidentally they have 0 Windows Phones on display, and 2 in stock in the back) they treated me like a pariah because I wanted to abandon Android.

Those drones follow their noses too much, they've already made a decision, before they even try it. (but, there's a possibility they're getting chits from Samsung).

However, it's becoming harder to make a living doing what they do, too many unscrupulous (not all, but some) sales reps.

blue1k

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
I'm from Canada and was in Seattle on Friday and I couldn't find anyone with a case for the 1520. Att people and Best Buy looked at me weird when I asked if they had any Lumia 1520 accessories. Wow. Tells you how few people know how nice this phone is and WP in general.

ShinraCorp

Feb 13, 2014
Visit site
Are you kidding? If you say that to any carrier here, they'll think you're speaking black magic and thing you're some possessed soul lol jk. They will just say sorry we don't have any. I mean I did see a Bell employee got interested at Windows Phone.

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
I went on ebay and got a new 1520 case for ?2 it has a leather look to it, magnet look, covers front and back, storage holders for cards and cash and doubles as a kick stand and comes with a screen protector. Worth checking it out

Kniggt

Aug 7, 2014
Visit site
That looks like a great case, does it rise up a little above the screen? I'm not in the habit of resting my phones on their faces, but it happens occasionally, and it'd be a bonus if the case touched the table and the phone didn't.
Yes it does barely. It has a nice texture to it as well that help you hold on to it

irvin792

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Aside from the highly irritating phantom tap issue, the 1520.3 is pretty much incredible.

Playing around on the wife's 920 and mother in law's 520, I almost feel that the phantom taps on my 1520 are on par with the other devices, no worse. Either they made alot of progress with software updates (im on 8.1.1 DP w/ Cyan) or this problem is present on the other two devices as well.

The 1520 is hands down the best phone I have ever owned. I wish some of the software tweaks availible on other flagships (like a better audio eq and processing tweaks, one handed layout of keyboard, split screen for two apps, ability of keyboard to remember email address login so you can just paste it in, and things like that) and im really high on the ir blaster for my phone being my remote control, some say gimmick, I say its almost a must have ;)

But the over all creature comforts the Lumia 1520 has are too many to really ever think of leaving the Lumia family for something like the HTC m8. Things like the sunlight readability mode, placement of the power button, dedicated camera button, glance screen, double tap to wake (though other OEMs are offering that tech now), polarized screen layer to reduce glare, super sensitive touch mode, ect.

I used to want every new phone that came out, since the 1520 (other than the IR blaster) I have not wanted any other phone regardless of the latest and greatest and I was a junkie ask my wife, she hated how I was never satisfied.

You made a great choice and I hope ypu enjoy your 1520 as much as I do. I am a little envious that ypu are getting the 1520.3, that being the only phone that os better than mine ;)

Sorry for the long post

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99