Just Bought a 1520, Can't Wait Until Wednesday!

donkiluminate

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
It is simply the best WP experience available right now. The screen is beautiful as well as big. The 367 pixel per inch IPS is sooooo nice unless you are hardcore AMOLED fan you could not want for anything screen wise (higher pixel density is available, but 367 is so high you have to squint very close to the screen to see any pixelation and with the color and brightness profiles dialed in it is bright, vivid and clear with no over-saturation - and IPS beats AMOLED every day for sunlight readability). 20MP camera. SD card slot. Killer battery life. Top shelf spec. Beastly on the inside, beautiful on the outside...

Thanks. Ate there any specific features to the phone that you can't get anywhere else other than the camera?

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Lumia 930 matches the 1520 in almost all respects including CPU/GPU and Camera... HTC One (M8) has a very slight edge on CPU/GPU and there is the Camera question with the UltraPixel dual 4MP set-up, but also the question mark about what type of firmware support HTC will provide.

930 vs 1520; I believe 1520 wins hands down with Glance, Battery Life and SD slot - none of which 930 has.

ronaldme

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
Thanks. Ate there any specific features to the phone that you can't get anywhere else other than the camera?

The screen quality? Or the specific hardware from Nokia (SensorCore)? The great battery?

But more than "specific" features, I love all the phone and how it is build and how it works.

donkiluminate

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
The screen quality? Or the specific hardware from Nokia (SensorCore)? The great battery?

But more than "specific" features, I love all the phone and how it is build and how it works.

Sorry for not being really clear but yeah. Sensor core, it are there any specific apps made especially for the 1520. I would love it if it was like the Galaxy note and had multiple windows.
Anyway. Thanks for the response

ronaldme

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
Sorry for not being really clear but yeah. Sensor core, it are there any specific apps made especially for the 1520. I would love it if it was like the Galaxy note and had multiple windows.
Anyway. Thanks for the response

Windows Phone 8.x can't do multi-windows, but next windows version (9.x) will do (rumour).

ak_r7

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
How do u get that avatar of yours. Name on top of your picture? I mean I have seen people using that as profile picture in twitter.
Congrats man! Hope you'll enjoy it :) Tell us how it is after you played around with it, I'm sure some of us would appreciate your experience with that phone.

Bobvfr

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
Not to threadjack but could you all tell me what it is that you love about your 1520?

I think the whole thread should answer this, the phone is just superb, screen, camera, sound, battery life, speed and it runs WP so well, then as mentioned already the integration with the rest of the Windows family (OK I know other WP's do this, but none as well as the 1520).

I do understand some people think it's too big but once you get used to it would be hard to swap it for anything else, there is nothing on the market I would look at this year and it will still be a top phone well into next year as well.

So roll on W9 as the 1520 will cope with anything and it will get better.

Bob

trance56

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
I just sold my LG G3 and picked up the 1520. It's my first Windows phone and I love it. I have had every iPhone except for the 6 and have had two android phones. I started looking at Windows phones once I picked up the Surface 2.

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
Lumia 930 matches the 1520 in almost all respects including CPU/GPU and Camera... HTC One (M8) has a very slight edge on CPU/GPU and there is the Camera question with the UltraPixel dual 4MP set-up, but also the question mark about what type of firmware support HTC will provide.

930 vs 1520; I believe 1520 wins hands down with Glance, Battery Life and SD slot - none of which 930 has.

And there's the microsd slot that will work with cards up to 128 GB

Mattman86

Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
I just ordered a 1520 yesterday. The receipt says it will be here between Wednesday and Friday. My wife ordered a 1020 yesterday also.

Needless to say, we are crazy excited and can't wait til they get here.

Bobvfr

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
I just ordered a 1520 yesterday. The receipt says it will be here between Wednesday and Friday. My wife ordered a 1020 yesterday also.

If I was you I would use this sense of excitement to head of to the shops and buy an Xbox One before the wife calms down and closes the purse strings.

When you get the phones, allow all pictures to be uploaded to OneDrive, turn on Xbox, go to OneDrive and all your pictures are ready to view on your telly with no other actions needed, this will impress the wife enough to cover the cost of the Xbox and then you will have a complete system including both phones being able to act as remotes for the Xbox One and much more besides.

But do it quick before the wife notices.....

Bob

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

Wish I could talk the wife into getting a Windows Phone. She's hopelessly tied to Samsung... and gets me to fix her devices for her.

Mattman86

Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
If I was you I would use this sense of excitement to head of to the shops and buy an Xbox One before the wife calms down and closes the purse strings.

When you get the phones, allow all pictures to be uploaded to OneDrive, turn on Xbox, go to OneDrive and all your pictures are ready to view on your telly with no other actions needed, this will impress the wife enough to cover the cost of the Xbox and then you will have a complete system including both phones being able to act as remotes for the Xbox One and much more besides.

But do it quick before the wife notices.....

Bob

Haha... I'm already working on it!

Wish I could talk the wife into getting a Windows Phone. She's hopelessly tied to Samsung... and gets me to fix her devices for her.

My wife was all about the HTC until she got a 520 a bit ago as a temporary replacement. She love Cortana, People Rooms, and the 1020 sold her with the 41mp camera.

Bobvfr

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
My wife has the 520 and I bought her a bridge camera for her birthday last year, I did have to ask her why she was using her phone to take pictures, the reply was she doesn't know how to work the camera, so I am thinking about replacing the 520 with a 1020 or maybe a 735 for the larger screen (Although not as good camera).

Since we got the Xbox One apart from her calling me up one morning to say she couldn't turn the telly on (She was holding the button down for a long time so turning it all on and then off again in one button press) she has managed to completely control our set up of telly, receiver, Virgin cable box and the XB1 as the XB1 media controller controls it all and it's simple.

So I will probably end up buying another XB1 for her bedroom telly and ditch the Freeview/recorder box that she can't work once I have tested out the impending XB1 TV dongle, anything for a simple life :wink:

Hope the phones are all you want, well impressed by my 1520 and to be honest the 520 is pretty impressive for a budget phone, all thanks the OS.

Bob

Mattman86

Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
I am a little sad today as I have just found out that 1520 supplies are low and my phone may not ship until next week at the earliest... :crying:

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I think that demand for 1520 variants went up when no new Windows Phone flagships were announced for Q4 with any spec that can beat 1520.

NightOrchid

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
I made a HUGE mistake 6 months ago, when I decided that since I love my Nexus 7 tablet, I'd be better off with an Android phone as well, and traded my beloved 920 in on a Note 3. After 6 months, I can't take it anymore. Everything is so disjointed, the thing locks up constantly, and the experience absolutely PALES in comparison to my previous Windows Phone experience.

My new 1520 will be here Wednesday and I can. not. wait!

Tell me how much I'm going to love my 1520 and Windows Phone 8.1 :cool:

I just traded in my S5 for my white 1520.. again. Im getting really bad these days.. I must tade my phone every week (I think im becoming adicted to swapping phones), yet I keep coming back to windows phone.

I had a Note 3, which I traded for a 1020.

Why do I buy wondows phones.. Because "They Just Work" .. New slogan for Nokia.. hehe.

Youve made the right choice friend.. Just take it from me, dont fall into the trap of watching YouTube comparison and new device videos, or youll be doubting yourself for weeks.. hehe.

The 1520 is an amazing device.. Enjoy it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss