1520 freezing and not responding.

Brad Pedersen

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
My 1520 has been driving me nuts lately. I'll be using it and then it was start going crazy. For example, I'll be watching a video and suddenly it will start vibrating as is I'm hitting the navigation keys and it will act as if someone has hit the back button a few times, then the home button, and then Cortana. It always freezes after this and I either have to wait 10 minutes or so to get the touch screen or navigation buttons to respond (volume, camera and lock button all work fine), or I have to soft reset the phone. Sometimes I can go a few hours and be fine, sometimes it will start doing this every 10 minutes.

It started doing it shortly after I got the 8.1 update, so I thought it may be related. I did a hard reset and then used the Nokia recovery tool and am still having the problems. I know its not an issue with any 3rd party apps because it started doing it as soon as i reset the phone and had not even finished setting up the phone. Ugh. Idk what to do. Should I call Nokia Care and just send it in?

Maaz Mansori

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
Is the phone in a shell, like an Incipio or other brand? If so, have you tried using it without the shell to see if the problem goes away?
EDIT: I should mention that I was having the same issue recently, but I haven't been able to duplicate the problem since removing the Incipio shell.

Brad Pedersen

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
No its not in a shell. I did put my flip cover on it for a few days because I thought the phone was flexing and that may be causing the issue. But it still did it with the flip cover on it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire